• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ming. This is a very good forum to read through, and please take a look at my weblog at www.puterim.com for all sorts about actually living here.
There are roughly three areas to choose from, the long established JB which is closer to Woodlands, Nusajaya which is across from Tuas, and the rest of a huge Johor.
Many of us newbies [moving here in the last 5 years] choose Nusajaya as it is a newer area that stretches close enough to make Woodlands an option if you need to go often enough to Singapore.
Read up first, because there is a lot of info to absorb, check out the many possible developments personally and then ask all the questions you may still need to because many of us will be happy to try and assist.
Good health and good luck!

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and have been enjoying the very informative posts which I've read over the last few days.

I would like to invest in a property in Nusajaya, and have seen several semi-ds and cluster semi-ds in Horizon Hills. Went to East Ledang too, and was blown away by the beautiful houses there, but was informed by the sales staff that all the terrace and semi-ds have been fully sold! Amazing!

Would appreciate advice on whether 700K is a lot to pay for a 2-storey emi-d in Golf Precinct in HH. Has golf course and water view. Bare unit in Jln Penggiran 5/8. Quite near to perimeter fencing, and can see Coastal Highway constrution in the distance. Any disadvantage in this proximity?

Another cluster semi-d also in the Golf Precinct without the golf course and water view is asking RM650K, also a bare unit.

Would forumers advise if buying a landed house is a better investment option or one of the new condo developments coming up in One Medini, The Crescent or Puteri Harbour?

Would really appreciate advice on which is the best investment to make in Nusajaya. Thanks in advance to forumers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

I have never used my honk in JB even some arse cut into my lane on purpose just because a bus stop in front of them and they dont bother that i am only 1 metre to their right and behind them but about 1 metre. Only yesterday at Bukit Indah traffic light, once it turns green and I stepped on my gas to accelerate, another camry simply cut me from the left just because there is a slow moving bus in front of him. And I was like accelerating too. Maybe this is their culture but I find that most drivers in JB-plate will drive this way, esp the guys. Either their driving test is easy to pass or they buy the liscence in the first place.

Oh back the defect, it has been an augish 5 month wait for the keys.. and another almost 2 months just for defects. I find that my house can be empty and nothing is done for one whole month even though its defect period and they are supposed to do the defect within 1-2 week. Imagine for this 2-3 months, I am paying about RM 15000 in housing loans just for defects retification. And another RM 10000 for two months rental for my actual renovation.

I cant believe it. At this rate, I signed the contract last Oct and I think I can only move in this Oct. EXACTLY 1 year. Well you may want to feedback to their higher level staff. The staff at HH, township i think, is usually not in when I called. Imagine I can call him 3 times a day and he is either out or makan or busy. And out of the 100 times that I can tried calling him, I only managed to talk to him 3 times. Can u imagine that? And somemore he is either on "urgent leave" or "mc"

Well.. Lets leave it to fate. And my 3 toilet wall tiles have at least 30 tiles which are CRACKED. I dont dare to tell them to retify anymore as I dont want to wait for another 2 - 3 months and another RM 15,000 wasted on instalment. The contractor approved by HH, an old man said that its better to spend RM 10 to RM 20K to knock off all the tiles and change to those better ones.. cos in his opinion, HH gives CRAP quality tiles and main gates etc.. and even the room doors are inferior. I am sure those who have lived there or gone to visit will know what I am talking about.

Mightly as well buy East Ledang which have everything. Sigh!

Good for you for not honking. Live and let live, i just take it in my stride. Like my dad always says, just think of the driver as kids who didn't know better and they didn't do it on purpose. You will feel better and happier too.

I am more than a bit surprised, normally they wouldn't have taken so long. Can you PM me at least your road name. Have you spoken to the township manager, GM or the group boss (Gamuda) That old man should be Mr Lee if i am not mistaken. Not very helpful is he as the more he push to the developer, the less he has to do.

The tiles in the bathroom do crack but i also have neighbours who spent a lot to knock down all the tiles and did their own. 2-3 months later, same problem even though they used very expensive ones.

Yes agreed, just pay the few hundred thousand more to get what you want and you could have moved in much earlier with better looking tiles too.

For me, i just got the basic defect done and immediately started work on all the houses. Along the way, any small defect i would get my contractor to help to do as small ones, usually it will be literally "on the house"

It was much faster in the past, i noticed with the last house i got, they became slower. I highlighted this and was told a lot of people moved in at once and everyone started checking on defects at the same time.

If you bought in Oct, was it in the Gateway? Most of the houses defect period there expired recently so they are doing it slowly from what i understand as they are now fixing on good will basis but still you need to raise up.

I would have raised this if they took more than 2 months to do.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
on driving in JB. I have seen enough to make sure I am on defensive driving ALL the time. I have seen enough accidents and road rage to let the bullies get what they want. my car and life is more important. They can have their ego boosted. They are be king of the road for all i care.

I have seen a case where a car was on turning from a slip road onto pasir gudang. The car in front of me was fast so did not let this car come in and the joker cut in front of me as I slipped onto the slower lane and over took the earlier car and jam brake before speeding off.

On the same road, same thing again, this time this car was trying to bang (or acted like) into the car who did not let pass the 2 cars were literally 'dancing' on the 2 lane carriageway. It was more exciting that fast and furious!

And another time at Tebrau highway, there was a gan jeong spider tailgating me in very heavy traffic. A JB car die die squeeze infront of me. The car behind was not happy, overtook dangerously in 3 lanes went to the earlier car and stayed with the car side to side to prevent the car from exiting the road.

but having said that MY has got some of the best driving roads around with bends and never-ending straights, hair-pins etc that really allows the car's true characters to come out. Can never do that in start stop traffic in SG.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is shocking to hear simply because "Properties in Horizon Hills have been rated by The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) of Singapore or CONQUAS, as it is the national (Singapore) yardstick for measuring the workmanship quality of building projects". Hmm.....

I am now staying in my rented terrace at The Gateway for close to 2 weeks now and I agree that the tile quality (floor and bathroom) is really not that fantastic (feels cheap, have hairline cracks, chip easily) and the doors are pretty poor too. Enjoying myself though! :biggrin:

Oh back the defect, it has been an augish 5 month wait for the keys.. and another almost 2 months just for defects. I find that my house can be empty and nothing is done for one whole month even though its defect period and they are supposed to do the defect within 1-2 week. Imagine for this 2-3 months, I am paying about RM 15000 in housing loans just for defects retification. And another RM 10000 for two months rental for my actual renovation.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and have been enjoying the very informative posts which I've read over the last few days.

I would like to invest in a property in Nusajaya, and have seen several semi-ds and cluster semi-ds in Horizon Hills. Went to East Ledang too, and was blown away by the beautiful houses there, but was informed by the sales staff that all the terrace and semi-ds have been fully sold! Amazing!

Would appreciate advice on whether 700K is a lot to pay for a 2-storey emi-d in Golf Precinct in HH. Has golf course and water view. Bare unit in Jln Penggiran 5/8. Quite near to perimeter fencing, and can see Coastal Highway constrution in the distance. Any disadvantage in this proximity?

Another cluster semi-d also in the Golf Precinct without the golf course and water view is asking RM650K, also a bare unit.

Would forumers advise if buying a landed house is a better investment option or one of the new condo developments coming up in One Medini, The Crescent or Puteri Harbour?

Would really appreciate advice on which is the best investment to make in Nusajaya. Thanks in advance to forumers.

Welcome, EL is still the best in terms of quality, in terms of immediate proximity though, i would still pick HH. 700k???
Sounds like its for a cluster as The Golf has appreciated quite a bit there.If just for 50k difference, i would pick the one with a view of the golf course. It sounds ok to me if its a cluster as the last time we went there, did not find any selling below 800k as i had a couple of friends who called. Maybe they haven't put up posters yet.

Investment or for own stay? Big family or small family with no kids.
To buy and rent out or to hold and sell later.
Proximity to schools/shopping?

These are questions that you yourself will know best. You can go for one of the condo units but i personally would pick clusters or terraces if you wish to invest as they are relatively safer (IMHO) long term wise in terms of maintenance at least. Do check to ensure that your unit isn't a bumi or the development is not on some agricultural,reserved land or commercial land. It will be best if its sitting on international/freehold lot

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
2bFree; This is shocking to hear simply because "Properties in Horizon Hills have been rated by The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) of Singapore or CONQUAS, as it is the national (Singapore) yardstick for measuring the workmanship quality of building projects". Hmm.....

2bFree
It is actually, not all the units are as bad, sometimes as with all purchases, you get lemons. The design and the architecture layout sucks for me and some of my neighbours but its something we live with as the lifestyle and standard
of living now is very different.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Approved by BCA doesnt mean anything much. In fact many Singapore HDB tiles cracked under pressure at times too and they are all approved by BCA.

Last month one of my friends's flat in Sengkang had his tiles cracked.. at least 10 of them in the living room and that happened to at least 10 other neighbours in the same block.

HDB gave them free replacement of course.

Wuqi mine is at ampang 1 where at least 10-20 other buyers are doing renovation. I have spoken to them and the feedback is the same, lousy after-service, at times no service cos cant even find the customer service, tiles crack in toilet walls.. etc.. walls not painted well, inferior quality for doors, main gate etc. Have been to Bestari height showhouse and I was surprised that their main gate is much much better than those kampong main gate of HH

Now I know why, yours is one of the earliest units that was unsold and should have no more defect period ending a short while ago. Walls not painted well, etc these can be easily solved, they used a layer of zinc plating for the door so some of them i observed had some deformaties. Too many folks bought or finally decided to move in, just a year ago, myself, my neighbours and even some bros here was saying how come still so empty. To quote a learned friend: Nabray, empty, all empty, once they come, all come in at once. Suddenly everywhere you see renovation going on, etc. Still, even though there is so many people moving in at once and thus more defect reporting, they should have taken more care of those joining the queue towards. I guess its a combination of factors but its still no excuse. You should take it up further with them.

Yes, Bestari is really done well but because of high tension towers so nearby just like Nusa Bayou, thats why my friends don't recommend it.

If the one Nusajayaphile is looking at is the one facing the golf view where the new Semi-Ds are going to be built, then best not to. If its those units like those numbered at no.17, even at 800k, it will quite a bargain.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am now staying in my rented terrace at The Gateway for close to 2 weeks now and I agree that the tile quality (floor and bathroom) is really not that fantastic (feels cheap, have hairline cracks, chip easily) and the doors are pretty poor too. Enjoying myself though! :biggrin:

Hi, can share how much is your rental for the terrace? Is it fully or partially or non-furnished?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am not sure if your cluster could be facing golf views and waters now and when they finished construction of the semi-ds, will your cluster view be blocked? You have to think about it cos i think now in the golf some clusters or terraces are able to see golf view but when the real golf facing million dollar semi ds are completed next year, it will block the view for sure

Last time the HH sales person told me all the HH Golf or Gateway terraces' view will be blocked eventually i.e no golf view.

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time the HH sales person told me all the HH Golf or Gateway terraces' view will be blocked eventually i.e no golf view.

block by new housing ? That is real dirty tactic , when it was sold earlier for the view and now it is taking away !

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to believe that Horizon Hills has so many problems. Dun misunderstand me.

All the bros out here are praising HH. How come?

I just cant believe that your house has so many problems whereas none of the HH owners here so far has even said a single thing about HH

I cant believe it. At this rate, I signed the contract last Oct and I think I can only move in this Oct. EXACTLY 1 year. Well you may want to feedback to their higher level staff. The staff at HH, township i think, is usually not in when I called. Imagine I can call him 3 times a day and he is either out or makan or busy. And out of the 100 times that I can tried calling him, I only managed to talk to him 3 times. Can u imagine that? And somemore he is either on "urgent leave" or "mc"

Well.. Lets leave it to fate. And my 3 toilet wall tiles have at least 30 tiles which are CRACKED. I dont dare to tell them to retify anymore as I dont want to wait for another 2 - 3 months and another RM 15,000 wasted on instalment. The contractor approved by HH, an old man said that its better to spend RM 10 to RM 20K to knock off all the tiles and change to those better ones.. cos in his opinion, HH gives CRAP quality tiles and main gates etc.. and even the room doors are inferior. I am sure those who have lived there or gone to visit will know what I am talking about.

Mightly as well buy East Ledang which have everything. Sigh!

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH are good in their tight security and golf view but quality not so excellent. The owner knows better.. (I am not HH owner)

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Horizon Hills was best in class unmatched and superior in terms of service and basically everything else.

I don't think anybody say it is best in class . I faced some problem initially as well when it comes to rectification. You can't just leave thing as it is after putting in the paperwork and hope that it will be done in M'sia. I have to follow-up every week to check what has been done and I purposely inform the maintenance officer that I will go down to see the sub-contractor about the problem. After that, things started to move quite smoothly. I think there is clear warning from the start of this thread when it comes to buying property in M'sia ; do discount quality and service by 50% if you are from Singapore. My terrace went through 3 rectifications over last 15 months but only the first was critical issues. Get to know the officer in charge of maintenance , it helps.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Now I know why, yours is one of the earliest units that was unsold and should have no more defect period ending a short while ago. Walls not painted well, etc these can be easily solved, they used a layer of zinc plating for the door so some of them i observed had some deformaties. Too many folks bought or finally decided to move in, just a year ago, myself, my neighbours and even some bros here was saying how come still so empty. To quote a learned friend: Nabray, empty, all empty, once they come, all come in at once. Suddenly everywhere you see renovation going on, etc. Still, even though there is so many people moving in at once and thus more defect reporting, they should have taken more care of those joining the queue towards. I guess its a combination of factors but its still no excuse. You should take it up further with them.

Hi Wuqi,

I supposed because of the fact that my house was completed about 1-2 years plus ago and its vacant for so long, defects are bound to happen. I heard that some 3 storey owners are complaining now that the 3rd floor has very weak water pressure, esp during peak period. One even lamented that the water can suddenly be cut off while he was bathing halfway. These are the issues with the water department, not with the township but I wonder what are they gota do with it. I have lived on by changing all the tiles with rm10k+. No choice but I hope my other units should have no problems with so many defects.

This is very very strange, there is a water tank on top so i am not sure how water can be suddenly cut off when he is bathing unless there is a burst water pipe or someone living here shutting off your water supply for fun.

I did notice some neighbours kids going around using an allen key to close off peoples water for fun. One of my neighbours got a guard to follow them back and told their parents off. As for the quality and design actually, it could be better but the primary consideration for me is still security and feeling of living here is very different from elsewhere. Of the units i have, i have 2 units with very little defects and one unit (the one i am staying) with more and another one having the most. So sometimes, the defect issue varies from house to house.

Status
Not open for further replies.