• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the least the regulars here could do is to come in once in a while and keep this thread alive and afloat. :smile:

I go shopping at Bukit Indah once in a while, Daiso is definately in my itinery. Must prepare more money. $2 per item is cheap, but just because its cheap, I tend to buy as much as I could. So would spend a couple of tens dollar each visit. I always get their charcoal peel off mask. Very cost effective. Can see all the white heads being pull out.:biggrin:

I don't bother leaving by 2nd link because I live in the east area. Always used 1st link cause its free and nearer to my house. Even if I go to Bukit Indah, I will still go back to first link to leave the place.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi has a post about this... keke when i'm free i'll dig it out as i am considering as well... i think the answer is you need to pay MYR30 to get some kind of supplemetary licence... sorry about this half-baked answer rushing out

Answer found in page 66:smile:

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes IMM is a better bet, also free parking (within 3 hours). i always swipe off all the $2 car charcoal deodorizer. absolute cheapest and effective. the wan chai char chan in front is also a good snack break place.

Saw 'BIG' MEDINI sign now along the road to puteri harbour. Very impressive:smile:

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

Since i am on the topic of rebate for the toll charges...i discovered another rebate scheme, best part is that this will work together with the plusmiles rebates. So u could eventually be earning 2 rebates.

https://privilege.touchngo.com.my/index.php?mod=tng_mod_leftmenu&id=11

the catch is u need to make 80 transaction for this to work...but the rebate is 20%.

Also for those who are asking about SMART TAG, u need to buy the device which cost 120RM i think.

Cheers

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for long time...and a proud owner of EL phase 7 (looking forward to next year completion).

Intend to move to Nusajaya this year....right now doing alot of planning. Basically has planned out the mover, my transport to sg to work....my wife transport in Nusajaya. Gonna check out Real kindergarden this weekend.

But there is critical topic of Maid, which I hope you guys can direct me to Maid agency or website or share their experience in this area

Thank you all!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,

My SG driving license is about to be suspended as I was caught for hand phone driving few days ago. The minimum penalty for such an offense in Singapore is 12 demerit points and since I already have 16 I hardly can expect any other result.

Since I have relocated to East Ledang the only two options for me are to hire a driver (a Malaysian with Singapore driving license) or move back to Singapore.

I only need to travel to the office at Alexandra and back and that makes such job rather relaxing (8am to pick up, 6pm to bring back / free most of the day) while I'm ready to pay ~1,500 RM for such arrangements. However, it seems quite difficult to find a person in Malaysia with Singapore driving license and I have no idea if there are any companies that might help to hire such person.

Any recommendations or job applications are welcome!

Currently how many demerit point and when will be expired date for the demerit point to reset?
For RM1500/month(SG$630), I think you can find a driver to be your Ah Mat at fix time daily if you paid all the usage(petrol/toll/ERP).
But to prepare paid extra petrol and toll because he will be going back Malaysia twice.
Or best get some one also driving car to Malaysia work daily. You paid RM1500/month. U save on petrol and toll also car maintenance. Something like car sharing. Best of all u can sleep in car while travelling to work.:smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

My SG driving license is about to be suspended as I was caught for hand phone driving few days ago. The minimum penalty for such an offense in Singapore is 12 demerit points and since I already have 16 I hardly can expect any other result.

Since I have relocated to East Ledang the only two options for me are to hire a driver (a Malaysian with Singapore driving license) or move back to Singapore.

I only need to travel to the office at Alexandra and back and that makes such job rather relaxing (8am to pick up, 6pm to bring back / free most of the day) while I'm ready to pay ~1,500 RM for such arrangements. However, it seems quite difficult to find a person in Malaysia with Singapore driving license and I have no idea if there are any companies that might help to hire such person.

Any recommendations or job applications are welcome!

to ease your pain a little. If 1st time suspension get a dips letter from traffic police and go for 1 day training course at the few driving centers will reduce the suspension to 1 month only. more info here. insurance going to take a hit though. suggest more care whilst driving because its not just your life others as well. hope the info helps.

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah u are so rich can pay rm1500 to drive u in and out. ERP,petrol, tax etc on u right? You can place ad in Sin Chew daily etc. Surely can find cos in jb there are tons of enciks bus drivers etc who have driven van or bus in Singapore and retire in JB when they hit 50. Road wise they are more knowledgable than u and me
Thanks for your advise but since I am caucasian it would be difficult for me to place an add in a language I don't know...

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not wanting to Suan you but I was caught yakking on the phone with my sweetheart twice, once in Perling and once in Bukit Indah but my liscence is still intact! Thats the wonder of staying in a wonderful place called Mudland. RM 50 coffee money is damn cheap.

Last week I tio caught beating red traffic on purpose ( i was lazy to wait ) at Bukit Indah turning away from Petronas when 3 poodles greeted me with joy! They were literally jumping and joking around with me and of course, work is still work. I dont wan to waste my time and tat of theirs so I say settle at market price. The boss hear already bun buay tahan me. Say I am so pandai even know the market rate. RM 50 to be shared among the 3 fellows and off I sped off to beat another red light 200m ahead.

Life is good

Well, I was caught on AYE and it doesn't work this way there. As for the RM 50 coffee money I would strongly suggest you not to do it if you have a Singapore number plate. My own experience (based on comments from my friends similar to your advise above) was to pay them 50 RM regularly until I was stopped once with 20 over traffic summons of 150 - 300 RM.

I have checked the print out and most of those were already settled with 50RM but my number was anyway recorded. So, I don't pay them anything instead now and they don't have a right to withdraw the SG license from me and neither I have problem of not paying some of the outstanding summons.

Since my bad experience was few years ago at the time when they were randomly checking your the traffic offenses history there it was quite easy to go through with only one of those paid at a time formally BUT with at least with guarantee that it is removed from the history. I have changed the car since and quite happy that those random checks at Malaysian side of checkpoint were suspended since.

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
to ease your pain a little. If 1st time suspension get a dips letter from traffic police and go for 1 day training course at the few driving centers will reduce the suspension to 1 month only. more info here. insurance going to take a hit though. suggest more care whilst driving because its not just your life others as well. hope the info helps.
That is the best suggestion so far as that is the first time for my driving license to be suspended over the last 10 years in Singapore. I have prepared letter from the company, letter of appeal and one more letter of support in an attempt to decrease the penalty but the option you proposed seems more realistic for Singapore.

As for insurance there is a small but a legal trick. The car in Singapore can be owned by one person and insured by anyone else (e.g. with clear record) and original owner can also be fully covered since insurance is normally not a person specific...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thanks for your advise but since I am caucasian it would be difficult for me to place an add in a language I don't know...

Well, I was caught on AYE and it doesn't work this way there. As for the RM 50 coffee money I would strongly suggest you not to do it if you have a Singapore number plate. My own experience (based on comments from my friends similar to your advise above)

Should be "Thanks for your ADVICE..." & "similar to your ADVICE above"

"Advise" is a verb.

What has Singapore done to your English!!!!! :biggrin:

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be "Thanks for your ADVICE..." & "similar to your ADVICE above"
"Advise" is a verb.
What has Singapore done to your English!!!!! :biggrin:

Being caucasian doesn't necessarily mean that English is my native language and it is not even an official language in the country where I am from. Don't forget that there are quite a number of other languages except English that are used outside Asia...

Anyway, thanks for advice! :smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Being caucasian doesn't necessarily mean that English is my native language and it is not even an official language in the country where I am from.

That may well be the case but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY mangles the English language the way Singaporeans do.

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
That may well be the case but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY mangles the English language the way Singaporeans do.
I wouldn't say so as there are so many other accents. The major difference is that you apart from the accent itself you also have a variation of common language rules and number of country specific peculiarities in Singlish. However, same would be applicable for any country with a mixed population where English is official but not common for all the residents (be it USA, African English, etc).

Have a look at an interesting video created by a British boy to demonstrate various accents and the other one that demonstrate how different the language in UK can be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It stated that 'Temasek Holdings and Khazanah are jointly developing an iconic wellness township in Medini'.

Hope that the information is accurate. Of all areas in Iskandar Region, which is 3 times the size of Singapore, Temasek Holdings chose Nusajaya's Medini as the location for their Iconic Wellness Township after much research. That proves that all of us here had made the right choice by choosing Nusajaya as Temasek's research team had further confirmed and reassured us that Nusajaya is the area within Iskandar Region which will see the most interest from investors all over the world as compared to other areas in Iskandar Region.

The launch of Temasek Holdings' Iconic Wellness Township in coming May will create more awareness of Nusajaya within Singaporeans and also gives them more confidence in investing in Nusajaya, thus creating new demands which will directly boost property prices in Nusajaya. Congratulations to everyone here. This year will definitely be a very good year for our investments in Nusajaya and it will continue to be good for many more years as Nusajaya takes shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.