• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Fellow countrymen, i am fed up with the system and uprooting my family to JB. My friends are doing the same

This is my plan:

Get a couple of higher end properties for around 200k, example near to golf course, etc. Get properties with at least 3 layers of security. Secure your place with additional CCTV cameras etc. Live there and continue working in SG. Take morning express bus to Jurong East and take MRT or park your car there beforehand so you can continue from Jurong East by car:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php

Places like Mont Calista, Horizon hills and others are just good examples. Especially Horizon Hills as its a very integrated place. A Chinese primary school, international school, shops are all there inside the secured compound.

It also has a full 18 hole golf course and my parents and siblings were amazed.
It really took us a total of 15 minutes to the place and its very nice and close to all amenities. I am taking my keys to my 2nd unit there and i must say, its really nice with a nice resort feel. The golf course and olympic sized pool helps too.

Mont Calista is great too, lots of space and very big.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One other thing, it is also pretty safe there, at least in the confines of the resort and it has its own cafe, etc. Its also near Jusco, not far from Giant, Tesco, etc and they are building Legoland and a major hospital facility there. We normally go by 2nd link as there are very few cars there on weekdays and i would say so far so good. We also rented cars in JB to travel around so as to kind of blend in. :smile:

Mee Poh Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
One other thing, it is also pretty safe there, at least in the confines of the resort and it has its own cafe, etc. Its also near Jusco, not far from Giant, Tesco, etc and they are building Legoland and a major hospital facility there. We normally go by 2nd link as there are very few cars there on weekdays and i would say so far so good. We also rented cars in JB to travel around so as to kind of blend in. :smile:

Hi Wuji, i envy you. you are already living my dream. My plan is to retire in malaysia with the fresh air and nice food there.

everytime i go to malaysia, the moment i cross the custom i feel more relaxed.

Can i check how did you go about funding your malaysia properties ?
and do you think it is advisable to sell the singapore properties?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellow countrymen, i am fed up with the system and uprooting my family to JB. My friends are doing the same

This is my plan:

Get a couple of higher end properties for around 200k, example near to golf course, etc. Get properties with at least 3 layers of security. Secure your place with additional CCTV cameras etc. Live there and continue working in SG. Take morning express bus to Jurong East and take MRT or park your car there beforehand so you can continue from Jurong East by car:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php

Places like Mont Calista, Horizon hills and others are just good examples. Especially Horizon Hills as its a very integrated place. A Chinese primary school, international school, shops are all there inside the secured compound.

It also has a full 18 hole golf course and my parents and siblings were amazed.
It really took us a total of 15 minutes to the place and its very nice and close to all amenities. I am taking my keys to my 2nd unit there and i must say, its really nice with a nice resort feel. The golf course and olympic sized pool helps too.

Mont Calista is great too, lots of space and very big.

What do u mean by 3 layers of security? Best is if u stay beside a police station!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, so 2nd link is a bit different from the normal part of JB.
Between me and my siblings and friends, we have been there
about 30 times these 2 months and didn't encounter kopi money.

3 layers of security means there are basically 3 groups of security guards stationed at different points with 3 different barriers. Of course, security alarms plus own cctv is still a must. It just makes its a little more safer especially when there are different groups of security guards who MUST all collude in order to rob/steal from you. Add to that, the places i found, is integrated with everything.

The average $$$ a person needs to start this plan may be as low as 20k SGD to pay the downpayment. Financing is pretty low given todays low interest rates and you only pay less than 1k SGD a month to finance a large freehold place. My plan is that even if i don't live there, i will rent it out. 10 years, 20 years even 50 years from now(according to some people) i will still have the land although the culture and the people may have vastly changed by then. Look long term.

To answer some of the private queries, I financed it with the banks, 85-90%(90 is pretty hard but achievable) Added to that, the properties are very low priced because all of us (Singaporeans) have this perception:

1. Dangerous
2. Corrupted
3. Dangerous and corrupted

If you avoid the dangerous areas and just don't be flashy as well as keep to yourself. I know of robberies and beheading happening even in Jurong area recently. Does that mean we all stay away from Jurong or does that imply the whole of Singapore is dangerous?

Just take the necessary precaution, be humble and you should be fine.
The prices are still low now because most Singaporeans are too timid to venture out, once enough people do so, they will pick up courage and move.

Young people should start making plans, don't have to be JB. It can be any city and in any country. Just make sure you lay your plans now, as i read comments from other websites, i remember this:

"Even your parents/siblings may dissuade you from leaving as they may have their own plans and agenda. Do what is right for you, especially if you have kids!"

In this case, i am lucky that my spouse my parents and siblings have given their "buy in" after looking at the place. We intend to rent a jb registered car and to slowly get into their 2nd home plan which allows us to buy jb cars.

Koreans/Japanese/South Africans/US/UK/Italians have all bought properties there. We are the closest to that area yet we invest the least there. Well, i am taking the plunge, always there is a need for someone to lead or die trying.

Maybe i will die trying but at least i have led my life and followed my dreams. Its much better than complaining and dying a slow death compared to most people here.

Consider this, if you must die tomorrow, have you truly lived today?
(original quote)

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would not invest a dime in singapore property. it is just a huge bubble waiting to explode.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Also, thanks for the PM encouragements. I do not have anywhere specific to recommend, the ones i shared are the ones i think highly of.

You can still go straight to the developers and talk to them directly.
You can go straight to their websites:

Horizon Hills
www.horizonhills.com.my

Mont Calista:
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/photo-viewer?id=207274

General property prices
http://www.propertick.com/

I do not wish to gain anything from this other than seeing more of my countrymen living their lives well. I do not work for or gain any commissions in any process.

I wish all fellow orphans of the state well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Mee Poh Man, do what we do, rent our places here, buy extra properties in Malaysia and live in one and rent out the rest, get some passive income and prepare for semi-retirement! :smile:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe i will die trying but at least i have led my life and followed my dreams. Its much better than complaining and dying a slow death compared to most people here.

Consider this, if you must die tomorrow, have you truly lived today?
(original quote)

Congrats on your move. From your post, you are working in S'pore? At least JB is close enough. My plan to relocate is BKK where I already got a place. However, distance-wise, can't do something like you.. so it has to be a retirement plan. Spend the rest of my life on probably half the cost it requires to retire in S'pore, and probably a more luxurious lifestyle as well :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't it more practical to rent a place :confused:

Don't have to worry about taxes & such. If after renting you get to know the area better & can consider buying.

For those who worry about security, avoid keeping cash at home. Just buy cheap furniture & TV :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for all the encouragement/comments.

To some of the bros here. If an idiot like me can do it, so can you. Also, i looked long and hard before committing and i decided to commit in a big way. If any bros here want to ever rent, there are lots of places one can go where its nice and yet SAFE.

Rent is cheap but i have managed to find a place which satisfied both my parents and my wife/children so this is it for me as it has everything we want yet we can still keep away from the infamous areas while having access to what we need.

I can also work 2-3 days from home so it makes it all the more ideal as i can skip the daily commute. I plan to use it as a weekend home base to try out and worse case, i rent it out if i don't like it.

One thing is to always be humble in others lands, no matter where you go or how important you think you are. Be nice to people but also be ready to defend yourself and be prepared to go all the way if need be.
Thats what i always do.

Remember, you can still get fleeced, robbed or raped in Singapore. Low crime doesn't mean no crime. Lack of reporting doesn't mean things don't go "bump" at night here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Congrats on your move. From your post, you are working in S'pore? At least JB is close enough. My plan to relocate is BKK where I already got a place. However, distance-wise, can't do something like you.. so it has to be a retirement plan. Spend the rest of my life on probably half the cost it requires to retire in S'pore, and probably a more luxurious lifestyle as well :rolleyes:

Good for you, i planned to do that in Phuket actually but problem is they only have the 90 years lease thing and you never own the land but the house itself.(House freehold, land 30 years renewable lease but can only renew 2 times) They are clamping down on the "company" way/route to get housing. So i wanted something i can pass on to my son plus my old folks find it a hassle to have to fly. They are worried about food, etc. With the advent of cheap airlines, its actually a short flight to Phuket.

I have lived in Phuket with 3k USD for 2 months(living at house of my friend there) I lived like a king there. Now 3k USD doesn't even last me 2 weeks here as i pay for my family and my dad+mums expenses.

In terms of blending in, Chiangmai/Phuket would be good for locals here as they don't have too many weird beheading religions so if i could choose, i would go there or buy a property there too but then its mainly good for retirement. In JB, i can still work in SG and spend in JB.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
With the express bus service daily, who cares about kopi money from the cops. They can get it from the express bus driver. We need to find our way, we have become too dependant on the system, just like the character in the Matrix, Cypher. He became too used to the system so that even when having freedom, he chose instead to get back in.

We need to start thinking about solving our problems instead of whining about them. No one cares about us, nor would they for our parents, ok well i do but not everyone thinks my way.

The piety campaign that is coming at us is just a way to shirk responsibility to us. So i am more than happy to take up the responsibility but just not here anymore.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Isn't it more practical to rent a place :confused:

Don't have to worry about taxes & such. If after renting you get to know the area better & can consider buying.

For those who worry about security, avoid keeping cash at home. Just buy cheap furniture & TV :smile:

Only the stamp duty and levy. Rest are neglible. Utilities at like 100 Ringgit a month, management fees free for the next 2 years. Petrol still at very reasonable rates. Right about the keeping cash at home thing, secure it adequately and you can put in nicer stuff. Else just use cheap furniture. One can get a set of cheap sofa for 300 ringgit there and equip a good sized place for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.