• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generally, housing may differ based on whether they are corner or end lots depending on the type of property you buy. You might pay up to 100 or 200k more for a larger garden. Some folks bought clusters here with huge gardens and expanded their house using it with 3-4 more rooms.

Again, banks here has upped their rates so try to bargain or shop around.

ATM machines will charge you 1 ringgit for withdrawals made using other banks cards. You can even withdraw from your POSB or other bank accounts.

Internet here is free for many food and beverage areas. You can get Celcom or other services for as low as about 60 ringgit per month. Phone lines with prepaid services are like below 9 ringgit.

Non MY folks can only buy property above 250k ringgit and at least 2 storeys
Resale ones will need to be above 350k ringgit

From 2010 onwards, minimum will be 500k as some of you will know by now.

jb state gov is not adopting the 500k rule for the time being right? :confused:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may be wrong, but the RM500k threshold applies to properties in KL/Penang where value of properties is way higher. Fortunately/Unfortunately Johor properties are no where near them so the 250k threshold will remain for the meantime.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I may be wrong, but the RM500k threshold applies to properties in KL/Penang where value of properties is way higher. Fortunately/Unfortunately Johor properties are no where near them so the 250k threshold will remain for the meantime.

Foreigners can buy property in Malaysia priced at a minimum of 250,000rm

I hope that you are right actually as it means i am still in time to get another place. :smile:

I asked the folks though and they are still saying its applicable for all. I have saw this from the MM2H website:

(Sarawak has a higher minimum purchasing limit of 350,000rm)
Selangor has raised the minimum property purchase price to 500,000rm
Pahang has set a higher limit for foreigners buying property in the following three areas:
Kuantun, Cameron Highlands and Bentong foreigners can only buy property over 750,000rm
from 2010 the minimum property purchase price for foreigners will be 500,000rm

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land/properties in Malaysia are governed by the respective states. Given the infancy stage of the Iskandar Malaysia project, I seriously doubt the Johor state govt would want to raise the threshold, now that they are still struggling to lure investors.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I seriously hope that you are right since they just raised the interest rates effectively by asking banks to lower their discounts for the BLR.

I was thinking of getting another place but the banks interest rates plus the cutoff date was the main showstopper for me. A gent from my company who just got a property recently, he could not get as high a loan as me despite us being in the same pay scale and he got a higher interest rate(-1.8%)

Thanks for the insight, i will try.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Bt Indah Interchange, is there any form of public transport to Horizon Hills ? Any shuttle bus service run by HH Golf Country Club or HH developer ?

How come Mont Calista does not have a website of its own ?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truth be told, having your own car is a necessity in M'sia. Their public transportation is still very much inadequate. Mont Calista website? Probably you'll get better results if you know who is the developer.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The Bukit Indah site is about 1 minute to 2 minutes by car from HH, you can catch a quick cab by walking to the Jusco and taking a quick cab to HH.

I can't find Mont Calista's site but you can do a google, there are some pictures but some of the site prices are a bit high so you can actually contact the developer directly.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/developments/1580/Mont

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Toyohon is right, you will be better off with your own transport. There are folks though i know who takes the CW3 daily from Jurong East MRT station, gets down at Bukit Indah and either drive their parked car(parked very closely) or take a short walk and catch a cab.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toyohon is right, you will be better off with your own transport. There are folks though i know who takes the CW3 daily from Jurong East MRT station, gets down at Bukit Indah and either drive their parked car(parked very closely) or take a short walk and catch a cab.

Of course I know it's better to have a car. But that was not my question.

So it's within walking distance from Bukit Indah ?

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
possible for singaporean without driving license to take up malaysia one other than conversion? :confused:

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
possible for singaporean without driving license to take up malaysia one other than conversion? :confused:

Mudland driving test centres still retain application by "kopi testing"...... i think the market rate is now RM$3K in states like malacca, negeri sembilan :p

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it a good idea to just own a car in Malaysia and forget all about buying Singapore registered cars ?

Despite all the savings to be gained from living in JB, buying a Sg registered car will mean a few steps backwards.

Or would be it foolish to park your Malaysia registered car at Bt Indah Interchange and travel to Sg by yellow bus ?

Anyway, cars in Malaysia are not cheap either.

amsyl

Generally, housing may differ based on whether they are corner or end lots depending on the type of property you buy. You might pay up to 100 or 200k more for a larger garden. Some folks bought clusters here with huge gardens and expanded their house using it with 3-4 more rooms.

Again, banks here has upped their rates so try to bargain or shop around.

ATM machines will charge you 1 ringgit for withdrawals made using other banks cards. You can even withdraw from your POSB or other bank accounts.

Internet here is free for many food and beverage areas. You can get Celcom or other services for as low as about 60 ringgit per month. Phone lines with prepaid services are like below 9 ringgit.

Non MY folks can only buy property above 250k ringgit and at least 2 storeys
Resale ones will need to be above 350k ringgit

From 2010 onwards, minimum will be 500k as some of you will know by now.

Has the 500K rule been implemented? Do you have the news link?

Another area that can be considered is Bandar Putra Kulai http://www.bandarputra.com.my/ . Semi-Detached are available from 350K, Bungalow from 500K & Terace 250K if you want a quieter area.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Properties located beyond 20km radius from JB city are generally cheaper. These areas are not as "developed" as those located nearer to the city centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.