• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The taps, sinks, toilet bowls in my unit are real sub standard, even those in the HH show room are of poor quality.... However these are relatively inexpensive stuffs as compared to the location.. I don't plan to do more than 200K renovation since it is just a weekend house.. I plan to knock down a few walls, increase a few power points, raise a view platform, air cons.. change some grills, taps, toilets bowls sinks, kitchen cabinets, sliding doors (maybe) and some additional shelters.. hopefully I can keep it around 100 plus K..

Why would you need to change toilet bowls , sinks and taps ? They are pretty class , I would say better than our BTO flats leh .
:confused:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Lastresort is really doing research in details man, maybe by age 30 you'll be having your own seminar teaching ppl about property investments :smile:

Haha, then Bro Wuqi and many more would be more qualified. Maybe can start a seminar on "Living in JB". :biggrin: . Actually whatever they need to learn can all be found in this forum right.

As for investing in Iskandar, now it seems easy to invest in Iskandar Malaysia because everywhere seems good as long as you have money. The real challenge comes when we go into recession, then the pros will be differentiated from the novices.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow! Another skyscraper to add to the southern JB city skyline. JB is looking more and more like a metropolitian city that it aspires to be.:-

The TALLEST in Southern Region Malaysia to be Revealed Soon in Johor Bahru City!
http://super325.com/2011/10/25/the-t...tos/#more-3389

As rumour (80% with fact and data), there will be a 60 (or 59) storey building in Johor Bahru that to be revealed in Jan 2012. According to the source, this project will be fully owned by Setia group, kiswire and kukdoong korea, it will be built at Bukit Senyum in JB, next to City Plaza. (Which also next to current on going Business Centre Project).

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Haha, then Bro Wuqi and many more would be more qualified. Maybe can start a seminar on "Living in JB". :biggrin: . Actually whatever they need to learn can all be found in this forum right.

As for investing in Iskandar, now it seems easy to invest in Iskandar Malaysia because everywhere seems good as long as you have money. The real challenge comes when we go into recession, then the pros will be differentiated from the novices.

If you strike SGD 2 mil from TOTO, which developments and what type of housing will you invest in Iskandar Region?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I am old already at 34. Passing the baton to the next generation, you have way more potential than me. My family and friends belonged to the die hard naysayers variety, much more myopic than some and twice as stubborn. Somehow, they are here now though. If i can do it, so can you. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Alright in the event someone accused of me being a "salesman" from East Ledang, I have some bad points to share here on EAST LEDANG. I have actually typed out some earlier in the threads but I will re-type again as apparently some people choose to selectively read my postings.

East Ledang dont have the great views of HH. You cant really see kids or many people walking around as yet because its more "quiet" than HH. The population is surely as in the league of HH, which is a full fledge taman. Eating is a big problem and that explains why my family do not want to live in East Ledang. One need to drive to Gelang Patah ( ulu-town ) for makan whereby in HH, you just need to drive out along Bukit Indah and shops are around the corner.

That explains why I am not intending to stay in East Ledang at all. However, its damn near to Singapore. I got one neighbour working in Tuas and he claimed its a 30 minute drive from East Ledang doorstep to his factory in Tuas ( much better than before because he used to live in Bedok ).

Ok, maybe i missed some of yours as well just as you missed some of mine. Peace.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Acutally as long as u stay in bukit indah, layang, perling, nusa idaman area, u drive out from ur house @ about 8am, u will reach tuas working area before 8.45am, this is my experience of driving car into Singapore and work. If u r going to take bus like me, i took 7am bus at the road side of bukit indah (not the bus station), i will reach boonlay jurong point between 8.10am to 8.20am. So it is actually very convenient. For ppl who stay EL the place is still very quiet now nt much shops there yet unlike nusa duta, bestari heights, bukit indah, nusa idaman and horizon hills

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi,

does anyone know Frank Utermol' (or better, his maids,..) - who built a biggg bungalow (onttop of the hill, after the Bale clubhouse) , that he named, "Casa Norma" in LF ? His house is so impressive that CNA even featured a 30minute slot on national tv,...?

His direct neighbour built a bungalow - however it seemed abandoned, and neighbour opposite the road built a grand green/blue-glass-facade, which - in diplomatic language - really highlight's one's individual tastes.

Ask the Owner, and mostly One will get answers mainly praising the Owner's decisions,....
Ask the lower-ranked staff, and One will get practical answers on trying to manage pests,..the isolation,....secutity,..etc.,..

Earlier paved, smooth roads have become roads with uneven, secondary pavings,..

I was told (to be re-confirmed, verified, however) that even in LF, there was some house-breakings, but for sake of maintaining "marketing image", many incidents were covered up.

It really is difficult to distinguish what is "real", "true", until one really takes that indivual plunge to experience.

And more importantly, would those who live in LF, be able to obtain the accounts of the LF's estate management funds - and as a public service - post this information here ?

The bigger challenge, long term, really is the keeping the place in good maintenance.

One suspects that LF's managing funds - is dwindling,....

Am I right ? Apologies, if I am wrong, and please correct my mistakes posted above.

All to share information, and to Learn, Thanks

During the early, early days, the Gurkha guards resembled that of the ones I see at Oxley Road, however, over time,..I see the guards detail being replaced with middle-senior aged Gurkhas with big bellys,..greying corneas,...

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal

A cleaning company actually tried to get the license to operate in HH , the last I heard was still pending but I did not follow up, maybe can check Maint office. I got external cleaning for just RM80 before renting and 3 persons turned up to clean; that is about 3-4 hrs work !

Bro Aangsc,
If you dont mind can you pm me the cleaning contractor's no. I asked the HH office once of their number but there was no response from them not sure why. It will be a big help for my wife and me to clean up the house maybe on a weekly basis.

Cheers

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Acutally as long as u stay in bukit indah, layang, perling, nusa idaman area, u drive out from ur house @ about 8am, u will reach tuas working area before 8.45am, this is my experience of driving car into Singapore and work. If u r going to take bus like me, i took 7am bus at the road side of bukit indah (not the bus station), i will reach boonlay jurong point between 8.10am to 8.20am. So it is actually very convenient. For ppl who stay EL the place is still very quiet now nt much shops there yet unlike nusa duta, bestari heights, bukit indah, nusa idaman and horizon hills

eh bro...ur 7am bus into Sing is it very crowded...standing room only? also i've seen tons of cars parked around the link cafe every day, i reckon most of them are taking the bus into Sing.

cheers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

During the early, early days, the Gurkha guards resembled that of the ones I see at Oxley Road, however, over time,..I see the guards detail being replaced with middle-senior aged Gurkhas with big bellys,..greying corneas,...

Nowadays developers still hire Nepalese...but they are the younger ones in their 20s..worlds apart from their police trained cousins of early days.

Somehow i prefer Nepalese to the local guards..my intuition tells me they are more down to earth..

cheers.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip said:
eh bro...ur 7am bus into Sing is it very crowded...standing room only? also i've seen tons of cars parked around the link cafe every day, i reckon most of them are taking the bus into Sing.

cheers.

The place i took the bus is beside the petronas station near the costal highway it is not crowded at all. If u take on the bus later that it might alot crowed. Yes u need find a good place to park the car if not ppl kacau u donno haha

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

I,

am old already at 34. Passing the baton to the next generation, you have way more potential than me. My family and friends belonged to the die hard naysayers variety, much more myopic than some and twice as stubborn. Somehow, they are here now though. If i can do it, so can you. :smile:

Wa bro wuqi

At 34 u said old, I must b in the museum Liao..:wink:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

House-breakings? Goodness me! must have been a sound sleeper by night for the past 2 years. By day there must be a lack of gossip mongers. A plus for serene living but I suppose, keeps me in the ignorance. May be here a secret act is secretly enforced and so nobody talks. Well, ignorance does brings peace of mind.

hi,

does anyone know Frank Utermol' (or better, his maids,..) - who built a biggg bungalow (onttop of the hill, after the Bale clubhouse) , that he named, "Casa Norma" in LF ? His house is so impressive that CNA even featured a 30minute slot on national tv,...?

His direct neighbour built a bungalow - however it seemed abandoned, and neighbour opposite the road built a grand green/blue-glass-facade, which - in diplomatic language - really highlight's one's individual tastes.

Ask the Owner, and mostly One will get answers mainly praising the Owner's decisions,....
Ask the lower-ranked staff, and One will get practical answers on trying to manage pests,..the isolation,....secutity,..etc.,..

Earlier paved, smooth roads have become roads with uneven, secondary pavings,..

I was told (to be re-confirmed, verified, however) that even in LF, there was some house-breakings, but for sake of maintaining "marketing image", many incidents were covered up.

It really is difficult to distinguish what is "real", "true", until one really takes that indivual plunge to experience.

And more importantly, would those who live in LF, be able to obtain the accounts of the LF's estate management funds - and as a public service - post this information here ?

The bigger challenge, long term, really is the keeping the place in good maintenance.

One suspects that LF's managing funds - is dwindling,....

Am I right ? Apologies, if I am wrong, and please correct my mistakes posted above.

All to share information, and to Learn, Thanks

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you strike SGD 2 mil from TOTO, which developments and what type of housing will you invest in Iskandar Region?

I will set aside a portion to buy undervalued freehold residential land in Iskandar Region.

The remaining amount can be put into HH, EL, Leisure Farm, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman and possibly some into commercial lots.

I will also consider KL and SG market.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will set aside a portion to buy undervalued freehold residential land in Iskandar Region.

The remaining amount can be put into HH, EL, Leisure Farm, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman and possibly some into commercial lots.

I will also consider KL and SG market.

Bro lastresort,

Nowadays 2 mil sing cannot get u a nice intermediate 2,000sft land house. So must win more toto to buy so many places.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro lastresort,

Nowadays 2 mil sing cannot get u a nice intermediate 2,000sft land house. So must win more toto to buy so many places.

I will put 20% down payment for 5 million worth of properties, then take the remaining 1 million to genting and huat. :biggrin: Then repeat procedure.

But of course bank won't be stupid to loan me 80%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.