• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Windows Internet Explorer 8 is out!!!!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So is Google Chrome... War of Web Browser coming again...:biggrin::biggrin:

Review of the IE8 beta not bery goot dah...

"Consuming twice as much RAM as Firefox and saturating the CPU with nearly six times as many execution threads, Microsoft's latest beta release of Internet Explorer 8 is in fact more demanding on your PC than Windows XP itself, research firm Devil Mountain Software found in performance tests. According to the firm, which operates a community-based testing network, IE8 Beta 2 consumed 380MB of RAM and spawned 171 concurrent threads during a multi-tab browsing test of popular Web destinations. InfoWorld's Randall Kennedy speculates that Microsoft may be designing IE8 for the multicore future. But until your machine sports four or eight discrete processing cores, IE8 will remain 'porcine,' Devil Mountain's Craig Barth says."

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
itz just a beta version.....they may fix some of the faults.....anyway can't install as itz not compatible with company web base applications......:(

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually now using Google Chrome.
it is a bit like IE,every new tab or window also generate a process and take up processor and memory.
but so far so good.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me never like new versions of sofware wen ze existing version can do ze job ... n me happy wif it ...

new versions oni choke up ur existing resources ... n force u 2 upgrade ur hardware ...

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would prefer to stick to FireFox3 when using a PC, or with a MAC, just stay with Safari as a browser. There is no reason to change to anything else.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
actually now using Google Chrome.
it is a bit like IE,every new tab or window also generate a process and take up processor and memory.
but so far so good.

I believe in the quality of google staffs and work rather than MS. Both also have multi-tab but why one take up more memory than the others.. the difference if call quality.