• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Go Zen with soup

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/guide/story/0,4136,207625,00.html?

Hed Chef
Go Zen with soup
By Hedy Khoo

July 13, 2009

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_HED12-17U.jpg

--TNP PICTURES: KUA CHEE SIONG, HEDY KHOO --DRESS: BCBGMAXAZRIA at Paragon --LOCATION: Kitchen Culture at Leng Kee Road --MAKE-UP/ HAIR: June Goh and Stacy Su from Make Up For Ever Academy (Tel: 6333 0678)

I CANNOT and will not deny it. I love bad boys. Especially the type mum would disapprove of.

I love them rich, creamy, and wickedly devastating on the waistline - like lobster bisque. That's a real bad boy of food.

Girls love bad boys in the same vein that cholesterol-laden deep-fried food always excites the taste buds more than an apple would.

At any rate, it is an exceedingly bad idea for girls to chomp on apples.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, so why eat any? How on earth are you going to marry a doctor and fulfil your tai-tai ambitions if you can't even get to meet one?

Of course, this is not advice that a nutritionist or your parents would dish out. Then again, I am neither your nutritionist nor your mum.

That said, may I add that moderation is key? A Zen approach to love and life is necessary at times. An occasional sensible choice of food and men won't hurt.

Find it in dobin mushi, a clear simple broth. No fuss about it. Yet to have it served it in a pretty teapot and drink it from a teacup makes it so much more pleasantly palatable. Maybe even fun.

The same could apply to the nice boy-next-door whom you have been ignoring. Take him shopping and turn him into your very own real life Ken-doll. Dress him up and who knows? You may find a hidden treasure in this geeky teapot yet.

Besides isn't it nice to know someone who can repair your computer when it crashes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teapot Soup (Dobin Mushi)

INGREDIENTS

3 prawns, leave shells on

3 dried shitake mushrooms

70g chicken fillets, cubed

2.5 litres of water

150g bonito (Japanese fish) flakes

1 piece of konbu (Japanese dried seaweed)

2 limes

Soy sauce to taste if you like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

METHOD

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_HED12.jpg

1. Boil the water. Once boiling, add bonito flakes and konbu to make dashi stock. Allow to boil on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.

2. Strain and discard the bonito flakes and konbu. Set aside the dashi stock.

3. Place one shrimp, mushroom and some chicken into each teapot.

4. You may add a little soya sauce to your dashi stock if you find it not salty enough. Then fill each teapot with the dashi stock.

5. Prepare a steamer with boiling water. Steam the teapots for 20 minutes.

6. Serve with a wedge of lime.