• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

malxsin

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all, currently in sin and will be doing my landing likely in Toronto this June. I am still not sure if Toronto is the right place to start. Hence will appreciate any advice from you kinded soul. Also if you are also planning on landing over the next couple of months, hope you can get in touch with me to share our findings. Kind rgds to all.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all, currently in sin and will be doing my landing likely in Toronto this June. I am still not sure if Toronto is the right place to start. Hence will appreciate any advice from you kinded soul. Also if you are also planning on landing over the next couple of months, hope you can get in touch with me to share our findings. Kind rgds to all.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php

Post your question at the above link. Good information from those who have landed in Toronto.

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hock, thx for the link. Will check it out. Btw when you intent to land and where?

Hi malxsin, i have samsters & their families landing here in Edmonton in April (1 family), May (2 families),June (1 family - exploratory visit), July (1 family). PM me. I will put you in contact with them to provide you with pratical advises on landing, Regards

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
My congrats to Hock..

I have waited 3 years plus as I have applied in early 2006. I have just received my COPR last week. Am prepared to land in Canada this Nov.

Yes, the PCC take 2 weeks, so you need to do that first asap and then go to Shaw center for medical. The medical is quite fast with x-ray, urine test ..etc but remember to bring the passport and photograph required.

I cannot wait for my landing.....

Welcome to Canada!

Toronto would be nice bec. the winter is not that long compare to Edmonton. House and food are cheaper than Edmonton. To me this is the best choice for new immigrants...big city, where you have all the world-class amenities, relatively cheap and save, near to New York so that you can tour that city anytime, nice weather, no earthquake.

Vancounver has the best weather but pray that the earthquake wold not strike any time sooner. House is more expensive than Edmonton but the food...resturant or supermarket can be 25 to 40% cheaper than Edmonton.

In Calgary the snow usually clears about 1 month earlier than Edmonton. It is a more dynamic city than Edmonon. People there are less friendly than those in Edmonton...like those in Vancouver. It has a very neat and clean Chinatown which you can be very proud of. Food is at least 10% cheaper than Edmonton.

If you are coming in Nov. then be warned that you might be coming into a freezer...expect VanCouver.

Good Luck my friend.

P.S. You are most welcome to write me (@office): B. CHAN
9090-51 Ave
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6E 5X4

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The White Supremacist are very much alive in Vancouver. But luckily violence is averted in Vancouver yesterday :biggrin:

4455455417_0a4af20989_o.jpg

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hock, thx for the link. Will check it out. Btw when you intent to land and where?

Before October 2010 if everything goes according to plan. Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto are some of my options; not finalised yet.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
The White Supremacist are very much alive in Vancouver. But luckily violence is averted in Vancouver yesterday :biggrin:

4455455417_0a4af20989_o.jpg

White Supremos no show leh. Auntie, you no read properly is it? In Canada, individuals have rights - including the rights to protest. In S'pore, if not ISD hotel, then IMH.:biggrin:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
White Supremos no show leh. Auntie, you no read properly is it? In Canada, individuals have rights - including the rights to protest. In S'pore, if not ISD hotel, then IMH.:biggrin:

Aiyoh, Ah Hock, I did say violence is averted in Vancouver. But the white supremacists AKA Aryan Guard did show up in Calgary.

This year is a bit more tame, but previous years, the violence is real :(