• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

famine began in Red Dot - sadly

sand_ban

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had seen it many times with my own eyes in the city center.

Not just begging for money and meal. The victims just eats whatever food they can find at lunch tables after people had left. They were very obviously HUNGRY as I saw with my own eyes. They swallowed whole and quickly.

They are Singaporeans. Middle age and elders usually.

I had several times took out my money to buy diner or lunch for the elders. One hawker at ABC hawker center had volunteered to give a plate of chicken rice FOC one time and did not collected my money knowing that I was buying for that old man.

He told me that old man live alone in a near by block, often have nothing to eat, and the market's people often helped.

But these are not the most shocking, until this:

2 family members went for a normal meal together at coffee shop.

I set near them, their food came at their table, they were eating, I finished eating and was only drinking tea.

The younger person from that family table left before finishing food, to buy drinks I think.

Then soon came a young man not so badly dressed. He saw the food left there, and the older family member still at that table eating. He sat down at the empty seat and started to eat the food belonging to the younger person who was not at the table! :eek::eek: His age in only 20s, not crazy, but unnatural, can tell that he had nothing to eat for that entire day or may be from the day before.

This is Singapore and we are Singaporeans. We are in a partial famine. Really!

He ate quickly and left quickly in less than 1 min. The older family member was shocked but dare not look at the young man much. The younger person returned and also was shocked when told about the food.

A new plate was re-ordered.