• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spurned lovers

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,202700,00.html?

SPURNED LOVER 1: DID SHE BREAK LAW BY BARGING INTO HOME?
She climbs through window & lies on floor
AFTER MIDNIGHT: Woman climbs over gate, then she cries & screams
NEXT MORNING: Woman scares wife by sprawling face down in house for hours
THAT EVENING: Woman staggers up stairs, cries & pounds on door
A MONTH LATER: Woman argues with kids via Facebook

By Vivien Chan

May 22, 2009

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_VCWIFE.jpg

GO AWAY: Part of the messages exchanged between the woman and the children, who wanted her out of their lives, on Facebook. TNP PICTURES: NG XI JIE

IMAGINE a strange woman knocking at your front door at midnight and your husband hiding in his room rather than facing her.

Then you get the news that you had suspected for some time: Your husband has a mistress and she's now standing in front of you.

This was what happened to Annie and her children last September. They had to call the police twice before the woman would leave.

Around midnight, the 49-year-old Singaporean was at the first floor of their four-storey terrace home when she saw her expatriate husband, Tom, 46, acting 'panicky' and frantically locking the doors.

'I asked him what happened, and he said, 'crazy woman come',' she said. 'Then there was knocking on our front door.'

The unexpected visitor had climbed over the locked main gate to gain entry.

Annie's oldest daughter from her previous marriage, Rita, 26, said: 'I opened the door and asked my stepdad who this woman was. He ignored me and told the woman to take a cab home.

'The woman told him to come out, but he just went upstairs and locked himself in his room.'

Though married for 16 years, Annie said she and Tom had been sleeping in separate bedrooms for almost two years.

The woman, 26, told the family that she had slept with Tom many times and that he had promised to marry her.

Drenched

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_VCWIFE-DSX.jpg

HELP: The family called the police for a second time after they sensed that the woman was intoxicated.

Annie said the woman was crying uncontrollably and begged to see Tom but he refused to come out of his room.

At about 2am, Rita called the police when the woman did not calm down.

After the police showed up and advised both parties to keep the peace, the woman calmed down and said she would leave Tom.

She then left. By then, it was about 3.15am and raining. But she returned 15 minutes later, drenched.

This time, Annie invited her in.

'I'm a woman too, so I felt sad for her, that she was in this sorry state.'

But the woman upset Annie's younger children, aged 11 and 15, by telling them how she was their father's lover.

She again insisted on seeing Tom.

Annie said: 'I knew she wouldn't leave until she spoke to him, so I told her to go upstairs and settle it with him.

'She knocked so hard and even kicked the door. She was crying and screaming, but he refused to open the door.

'In the end, I asked her to leave, because I knew he wouldn't come out.'

By then, it was past 7am.

After the woman left, everyone went out, except Tom.

When Annie returned from the market at about 11am, what she saw startled her.

She recounted: 'I opened the door, and I saw her sprawled on the floor of the living room, face down. The contents of her bag were scattered on the floor, and she didn't move.

'I was so scared. For a moment, I thought she had committed suicide, and I didn't dare to move her. But after a while, I realised she was not dead.'

The woman had apparently climbed into the house through an open window in the living room.

Annie said she left the woman on the floor and busied herself with housework.

'Around 3pm, she got up and staggered up the stairs, looking very unstable. She was crying and pounding on my husband's door,' Annie said.

Around 5pm, Rita came home with her fiance, a prison officer, to see the woman crying hysterically and her mother holding on to the woman at the edge of the stairs.

Rita said: 'My mother called to me to help her, because she was scared that the woman would fall down the stairs.'

Suspicious

They called the police again.

When the police arrived, Tom finally came out of his room.

Annie said: 'He said that he and the woman were just friends, and that he was only her mentor.'

The woman finally left at about 7pm.

Annie said she began suspecting her husband was having an affair about two years ago.

Her 15-year-old daughter, Sarah, had logged on to social networking website Facebook and found that an unfamiliar woman was sending messages to her father.

She told her mother but she brushed it off at first, thinking that it could be a friend from work. His managerial-level job requires him to 'entertain clients'.

But around that time, Annie notice that Tom had started 'changing'.

'He would put on more cologne, dress better and he was more vain with his looks,' she said.

Suspecting that he was seeing someone else, she confronted him but he angrily denied it.

'I didn't want to anger him further, so I left it at that,' Annie said.

Although the incident happened some time ago, Annie and her children suspect Tom is still seeing the woman, and they are afraid she will return to harass them.

Lawyer Amolat Singh said that if the woman returns and refuses to leave, the police should be called immediately.'

Did the woman commit an offence in the September incident?

Mr Singh said that while her initial entry into the home was unlawful, the fact that the family allowed her to stay could negate that.

A police spokesman confirmed that police received two calls at around 2am and 6.30pm that day. The parties involved were advised to keep the peace.

Annie also claimed that the woman sent a private Facebook message to Sarah about a month after she went to their house.

Sarah showed The New Paper the messages, in which the woman repeatedly said how much she loved Tom.

At one point she wrote: 'Your dad belongs to me.'

Sarah said: 'We were so angry. We told her to get out of our lives.'

The woman has since deleted her Facebook account.

Does sending such messages amount to harassment?

Mr Singh said that it is unlikely to be harassment because the children replied to the woman, which possibly invited further replies from the woman.

Very hurt

When The New Paper asked to speak to Tom, Annie said he was on an overseas business trip.

So why doesn't Annie ask for a divorce?

She said: 'I want him here for the children. Their welfare is more important.

'(But) we're all so hurt by his actions.'

Sarah appears to be the most affected by her father's actions.

She said: 'I'm the closest to my dad. When I faced problems in school, talking to him made me feel better instantly.

'He used to be my role model, but now, I'm simply so disappointed.'

All names have been changed at the family's request.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,202701,00.html?

SPURNED LOVER 2
He sends 'SMS threats' to her new boyfriend
May 22, 2009

SHE thought that breaking up with her boyfriend would end their abusive relationship.

Instead, Mary (not her real name), 23, an undergraduate, started getting nuisance calls, SMSes and online smears.

She had broken up with her boyfriend of five years, John (not his real name), on 31 Jan because she felt he had become too controlling and even slapped her.

A week later, Mary and her family started receiving the nuisance calls and up to 12 SMSes a day.

Her new boyfriend and his family also started getting SMS threats.

'There will be nothing to recover when you are a vegetable in bed,' read one SMS to the new boyfriend.

Mary said John even hijacked her Facebook account and allegedly got his friends and family to post insults of her.

More than 50 comments were posted.

Using her Facebook account, he also got details of her friends and family and flooded them with SMSes.

Mary found out about this when a friend e-mailed her the comments. She had to e-mail Facebook to get her account back.

John also made her address visible on her profile.

He sent SMSes to her family on 12 Feb: 'Go to facebook and read the postings and pictures... Your home address is up and referred to as a whorehouse.'

John also e-mailed Mary a few photoshopped nude pics with her face and threatened to spread them.

She and her new boyfriend made separate police reports over the threats.

Police confirmed that reports have been made. Mary's uncle also made a report.

'Criminal'

The New Paper has also obtained a copy of a magistrate's complaint made by Mary's father on 16 Mar.

Lawyer Kertar Singh said of Mary's situation: 'This is criminal intimidation.

'Where threats are involved, whether it's a threat of death or simply causes her to feel alarmed, it's criminal intimidation, though the seriousness varies.

'Of course, it's more serious when the intimidation is face-to-face.'

Lawyer Amolat Singh said that such victims should first report to their telco to confirm that the calls and messages are from the offender.

Next, they should file a police report or make a magistrate's complaint.

Mr Amolat said: 'There is defamation because he referred to their home as a 'whorehouse'.

'The frequency and persistency of the calls and messages also lends support to it being a case of harassment.'

All names have been changed at the family's request.

Han Yongming, newsroom intern, with additional reporting by Vivien Chan