• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Dual Citizenship, and the Global Trend

Another misguided myth. Firstly he is not suggesting anything illegal. How did you come to that?

Secondly no one can force you to renounce your citizenship. People renounce it to withdraw their CPF. Those who renounce it in the past did sao because it was then a condition of acquiring new citizenship by the new country. The advanced nations no longer do that. Then we have singaporeans who are ignorant who have renounced after hearing about myths.

I will be the first to admit that many Singaporeans thought that it was against the law including me until I realised that many well to do people and families connected to the PAP were having dual citizenship. These people did not need to withdraw CPF.

When the PAP wanted to remove Tan Wah Piow's citizenship, they found that they could not do it by law. So Jayakumar introduced a special law where if you are away from Singapore for more than 10 years and failed to have your passport renewed, they can take it away. Its known in the the legal fraternity as the "Tan Wah Piow law". That law has since been repealed because some people did not want their "loved one" caught in a limbo.

You need to keep up with progress. Always seek the truth. As I said before this country belongs to the people of Singapore and not to the PAP. They need to prove that you are a threat to Singapore national security because they can do anything. No one in the world can force me to renounce my citizenship from a country where I was born in, schooled in, raised in, with family and relatives still in it and where I have paid my dues including NS and taxes.

this is where you are wrong. you can deal with multiple banks in several countries legally by not breaking the laws there, but once you get caught dealing illegally with one bank in one country, you're a wanted criminal. dual citizenship after 21 is against the law in sg. and i have quoted directly from part x of the sg constitution. law is law, stupid or not. just like the law in saudi arabia where you can't be intimate in public, visitors have to abide by it or otherwise face jail terms. you just cannot advise folks to go to somebody else's country and ignore the laws there.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, the constitution is in the link that I provided you. Do click on the "Consitutional Documents"

Secondly,Obviously you haven't read it. Where does it state that its illegal to have more than one citizenship. Please do read it.

Thirdly it covers the provisions on when to renounce, and when the government can act to take away your citizenship. Note the operative word "may". In essence, there is no mandatory requirement for the government to take your citizenship away.

Like I said there is no law or a provision to punish any singaporean for having dual or mutiple citizenship. People can read what you have posted but they will never find anything that you are claiming.

Thats what I am being trying tell you - you are propogating myths that are untrue. You are already having difficulty navigating a link that has been coveniently provided, so I am not that suprised that you have assumed the wrong things.

The age 21 refers to citizens below that age that by law cannot renouce the citizenship. And nothing else.

Half knowledge is dangerous.

oh yeah? this is where you are totally exposed as lacking in legal knowledge. just throwing me an incomplete set of statutes without the sg constitution doesn't tell anyone the facts. do you think you can fool folks here simply by showing a link?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly, the constitution is in the link that I provided you. Do click on the "Consitutional Documents"

Secondly,Obviously you haven't read it. Where does it state that its illegal to have more than one citizenship. Please do read it.

Thirdly it covers the provisions on when to renounce, and when the government can act to take away your citizenship. Note the operative word "may". In essence, there is no requirement for the government to take your citizenship away.

Like I said there is no law or a provision to punish any singaporean for having dual or mutiple citizenship. People can read what you have posted but they will never find anything that you are claiming.

Thats what I am being trying tell you - you are propogating myths that are untrue. You are already having difficulty navigating a link that has been coveniently provided, so I am not that suprised that you have assumed the wrong things.

The age 21 refers to citizens below that age that by law cannot renouce the citizenship. And nothing else.

Half knowledge is dangerous.

i'm sorry that i have exposed you. but now you're becoming worse. you're discrediting yourself by the rubbish you write above. go read up part x of the constitution first. then come back to debate. the articles are very clear. you should know that in the sg court, "may" is as good as "shall" depending on the discretion of the sg authorities.

i have lost all respect for you, and i'm afraid many others here will to.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do read Part X. There is nothing there that states that holding dual or multiple passports is an offence. All you have to do is to point out your claim. In fact sec 129 requires the govt to satisfy some condition that has nothing to be dual or multiple citizenship.

Don't worry about my credibility. People can read and judge for themselves. You should not use the ploy of credibility and respect to shift the focus.

Frankly I don't blame you for making the wrong assumption. We are all grew up assuming the wrong thing and the local press has made sure that certain things are never clarified. Singaporeans still think that Old man lives at Oxley Road and not at the Istana.

i'm sorry that i have exposed you. but now you're becoming worse. you're discrediting yourself by the rubbish you write above. go read up part x of the constitution first. then come back to debate. the articles are very clear. you should know that in the sg court, "may" is as good as "shall" depending on the discretion of the sg authorities.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do read Part X. There is nothing there that states that holding dual or multiple passports is an offence. All you have to do is to point out your claim. In fact sec 129 requires the govt to satisfy some condition that has nothing to be dual or multiple citizenship.

Don't worry about my credibility. People can read and judge for themselves. You should not use the ploy of credibility and respect to shift the focus.

Frankly I don't blame you for making the wrong assumption. We are all grew up assuming the wrong thing and the local press has made sure that certain things are never clarified. Singaporeans still think that Old man lives at Oxley Road and not at the Istana.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do read Part X. There is nothing there that states that holding dual or multiple passports is an offence. All you have to do is to point out your claim. In fact sec 129 requires the govt to satisfy some condition that has nothing to do with dual or multiple citizenship.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is where you blew it big time. i have been watching you, and i thought your diatribes are harmless, tidbits for the clueless. sometimes helpful, sometimes passable. nothing really to call you out on. you started throwing out links. i looked at them, but they don't tell the whole picture. they don't point specifically to the crux of the matter. i started comparing the statutes you pointed to with the entire consitution, and bingo, you are the one who is telling half truths. you could have pointed the bros here to the sg constitution, but you didn't. i held back thinking that you either missed it or are not aware that it can be researched online. well, since you ask for it, here it is to make your search easier. i know, i know, the next thing you'll tell me is that you already know about the constitution, but it doesn't spell out anything you wish to hear. bs is what bs does. now that i call you out on it, the real debate is on.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_vers...pl?&actno=Reved-CONST&date=latest&method=part

go to part x. it's all there. read and weep.

btw, i don't need you to come back for another face-saving self-rescue. i'm totally disappointed with you for not pointing the exact articles to the bros here. they can read for themselves. they don't need another cheap justice to interpret it for them.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please do read Part X. There is nothing there that states that holding dual or multiple passports is an offence. All you have to do is to point out your claim. In fact sec 129 requires the govt to satisfy some condition that has nothing to do with dual or multiple citizenship.

part x is not just article 129. if you haven't read article 134, i can't help you. i rest my case.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
part x is not just article 129. if you haven't read article 134, i can't help you. i rest my case.

I just read article 134 and my interpretation of what is says, in plain English, is that if you obtain citizenship of another country, the sinkie govt has the right to take away your sinkie citizenship if it so chooses.

Nowhere in article 134 does it say it is an OFFENCE to hold two or more citizenships.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Respect"???:confused:.. for a moniker in cyberspace? What planet are you from. :rolleyes:

well, as an admin, you have to understand that any moniker, avatar or persona in your site who dishes out legal advice which may result in real people getting into trouble with the law is liable for damages. cyberspace is no longer an excuse or refuge for false, fraudulent or misleading claims that may lead to the breaking of law. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just read article 134 and my interpretation of what is says, in plain English, is that if you obtain citizenship of another country, the sinkie govt has the right to take away your sinkie citizenship if it so chooses.

Nowhere in article 134 does it say it is an OFFENCE to hold two or more citizenships.

the sg gov requires to charge you with an order from the law to remove your sg citizenship. that equates to an offense for them to be able to charge you. it's just that you don't go to jail or pay fines for it. get it?

"(b)(2) Where the Government has made an order under this Article depriving a citizen of Singapore of his citizenship, he shall cease to be a citizen with effect from the date of the order."

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
cyberspace is no longer an excuse or refuge for false, fraudulent or misleading claims that may lead to the breaking of law. :biggrin:

I have been dishing out absolute hogwash in cyberspace since 1996. The internet was invented for that very purpose... so that people can take on a persona diametrically opposite of what they actually are in real life. :wink:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
the sg gov requires to charge you with an order from the law to remove your sg citizenship. that equates to an offense for them to be able to charge you. it's just that you don't go to jail or pay fines for it. get it?

You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "offence".

Obtaining citizenship of another country isn't an offence. It's simply grounds to strip you of your sg citizenship.

It's like adultery. It's not an offence to commit adultery. However, it is grounds for a divorce.

Name me one "offence" in Singapore that does not carry a hefty fine, demerit points or jail sentence. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been dishing out absolute hogwash in cyberspace since 1996. The internet was invented for that very purpose... so that people can take on a persona diametrically opposite of what they actually are in real life. :wink:

oh man. how times have changed since 1996. there were no cyberlaws in 1996. there are now tons of legal mumbo jumbo dealing with cyber cases in 2009. you just haven't been slapped with a court order yet. in the us here, it's the worse place to commit cyber mischief. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "offence".

Obtaining citizenship of another country isn't an offence. It's simply grounds to strip you of your sg citizenship.

It's like adultery. It's not an offence to commit adultery. However, it is grounds for a divorce.

Name me one "offence" in Singapore that does not carry a hefty fine, demerit points or jail sentence. :p

"offense" in sg is like opening up your stinky armpit in a crowded bus. it is offensive, but it doesn't carry a fine or jail term.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

btw, the debate is not about whether it is an OFFENCE or not. it's whether the law is specifically written to address the right of the sg gov to deprive one of his/her citizenship if found with a foreign citizenship after a certain age. it's still a legal matter. there's no punishment other than stripping one of his/her citizenship, and usually done by an oath, signing of a document and the confiscation of one's passport.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
"offense" in sg is like opening up your stinky armpit in a crowded bus. it is offensive, but it doesn't carry a fine or jail term.
You've started to quibble. :wink: That's not a good sign in any debate.:p

As far as the statutes go, it would seem that the SG govt wants to reserve the right to remove sinkie citizenship should they find out that a sinkie has obtained citizenship somewhere else.

It appears to be all rather benign given the sinkie govt's record of harsh punishment whenever a crime is committed.

I can only conclude that holding two or more citizenships is not illegal and the statutes have been written in such a manner that the govt has the right to allow it or disallow it depending on who's involved. EG : Lee Hsien Yang would be allowed to hold two passports. Chee Soon Juan would not.:biggrin:

livingstone

Alfrescian
Loyal
EG : Lee Hsien Yang would be allowed to hold two passports. Chee Soon Juan would not.:biggrin:

Very well said. The Singapore government always has this mentality of keeping the rights to terminate, jail etc. to themselves. They like the define the rules, and even overwrite international rules (if possible) in order to protect the few. We saw this many times, including the authority from a few Queens' Counsels. In the few defamation suits, they've clearly told the world that Singapore government has the authority to change the laws of the world and modify it to suit not the local situations, but the situations of the few elites. If they consider you an elite, you should be able to keep your citizenship. But if you're not, better hide away somewhere. I'm not sure if they treat me like an elite or not, but I'm keeping both of my passports right now.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well said. The Singapore government always has this mentality of keeping the rights to terminate, jail etc. to themselves. They like the define the rules, and even overwrite international rules (if possible) in order to protect the few. We saw this many times, including the authority from a few Queens' Counsels. In the few defamation suits, they've clearly told the world that Singapore government has the authority to change the laws of the world and modify it to suit not the local situations, but the situations of the few elites. If they consider you an elite, you should be able to keep your citizenship. But if you're not, better hide away somewhere. I'm not sure if they treat me like an elite or not, but I'm keeping both of my passports right now.

No one is interested in what you have to say you moron

Especially since you are a Saudi Arabian person who cant tell the difference between Bush Sr and Bush Jr, really no one cares or values anything you post here.

You are just plain stupid.