• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Senior Supporters from Grassroots invited to lunch

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Madam Sim Goon Hua, 79, and Madam Lim Ah Kheoh, 82, had waited under the hot sun at the People’s Association headquarters last Wednesday (Sept 13), hoping to meet Madam Halimah Yacob who was just declared President-elect and would be inaugurated as Singapore’s first woman president.

But the two elderly women left disappointed in the end as the crowd was too thick and the heat was unbearable outside the Nomination Centre for the Presidential Election.

On Wednesday (Sept 20), Madam Sim and Madam Lim, had “the experience of their lives” when they were invited to the Istana for lunch. During the lunch of steamed fish, chicken, vegetables and rice, they chatted with Madam Halimah about their lives and the activities they participate in at the King George’s Senior Activities Centre.

qs154p.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...s-who-didnt-get-to-meet-her-on-nomination-day

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think she even understands her role as President. Note they are Chinese. I bet if the 2 ladies were Indians and same age, it would be pointless scoring political points.

I guess we will spend the next 6 years reading local press carrying such articles.

I guess in time she will come to be known as the President who tried too hard to be one and failed miserably and thought of as a political pawn that was universally despised. What a legacy to leave behind.

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When is she going to start doing her own real work?

The ST reported that yesterday (Thursday) she visited the THK Indus Moral Care activities centre in Tiong Baru.

The reality is that she is really out of depth in the job - is it not time she settles down on some routine of reviewing govt papers,
familiarise herself with tutorials from GIC to see how things are managed, and coming to grips with the real issues?

Or is she truly the perfect puppet, with the govt pulling her strings, telling her when and where to go. And to leave the accounts
alone?

Pathetic.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the EP is so for the citizens, she should ask the same question as OTC, to get and assured the citizens she has what she is supposed to be safeguarding.

If she does not know what she is to safeguard, guess it just proved she is just a what most, excluding the 2 old ladies at least, knows why this EP is there for.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pathetic.

Eh thats her real work, whilst whorejinx goes to grab whatever kfc frgotten to take b4 they renovate. But after she is only needed 5 mins in the office to sign off some prisoners head once a month n accounting papers once a year. Meanwhile she cannot use the bathroom, swimming pool n golf is also off

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal

The ST reported that yesterday (Thursday) she visited the THK Indus Moral Care activities centre in Tiong Baru.

The reality is that she is really out of depth in the job - is it not time she settles down on some routine of reviewing govt papers,
familiarise herself with tutorials from GIC to see how things are managed, and coming to grips with the real issues?

Or is she truly the perfect puppet, with the govt pulling her strings, telling her when and where to go. And to leave the accounts
alone?

Pathetic.

Grassloots sent her as part of the crowd.
Both ladies "fall out" early due to hot weather.
Then our media spin a story out of it

And they got a lunch in Istana.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S&P Global Ratings cut China’s sovereign credit rating for the first time since 1999, citing the risks from soaring debt, and
revised its outlook to stable from negative.
The sovereign rating was cut by one step, to A+ from AA-, the company said in a statement late Thursday. The analysts also lowered their rating on three foreign banks that primarily operate in China, saying HSBC China, Hang Seng China and DBS Bank China Ltd. would be unlikely to avoid default should the nation default on its sovereign debt
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ina-s-rating-to-a-from-aa-says-outlook-stable

I hope she knows how much of our reserves are invested in the PRC esp our hard earned life long CPF savings. Its rumoured that OTC took 1 year to get an answer
Who knows, she was discussing things like credit ratings, sovereign risks ect2 with the 2 old ladies

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this smokescreen about needing to have indepth knowledge of financial instruments and fiscal policy for the President is hogwash. The PAP is just reducing the number of people that they can work with.

If the desire is to have someone to hold the second key than the 2 most important attributes that are expected by the people is independence and trust. I certainly failed the first part and I am pretty sure many do not trust her.

I hope she knows how much of our reserves are invested in the PRC esp our hard earned life long CPF savings. Its rumoured that OTC took 1 year to get an answer
Who knows, she was discussing things like credit ratings, sovereign risks ect2 with the 2 old ladies

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think she even understands her role as President. Note they are Chinese. I bet if the 2 ladies were Indians and same age, it would be pointless scoring political points.

I guess we will spend the next 6 years reading local press carrying such articles.

I guess in time she will come to be known as the President who tried too hard to be one and failed miserably and thought of as a political pawn that was universally despised. What a legacy to leave behind.

I am disappointed that she took up her role as a puppet president and be universally despised.

You asked.."What legacy is she going to leave behind.?"

She will be remembered as one who disgraces two races..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 options - PAP grassroots or cardboards. They did not choose the short straw. Old Man must now realise that his one -time idea of limiting voting rights to the educated and those who are too old was an bad idea.

How come these 2 old grandmas not outside exercising and collecting cardboards ?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am disappointed that she took up her role as a puppet president and be universally despised.

You asked.."What legacy is she going to leave behind.?"

She will be remembered as one who disgraces two races..

a jiak leow bee whos has nothing to do so create jobs for self like wat u r reading daily in ST n create traffic incovevenince for road users.......pui

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this smokescreen about needing to have indepth knowledge of financial instruments and fiscal policy for the President is hogwash. The PAP is just reducing the number of people that they can work with.

If the desire is to have someone to hold the second key than the 2 most important attributes that are expected by the people is independence and trust. I certainly failed the first part and I am pretty sure many do not trust her.

tu babi dan anjing........................puki mak

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh thats her real work, whilst whorejinx goes to grab whatever kfc frgotten to take b4 they renovate. But after she is only needed 5 mins in the office to sign off some prisoners head once a month n accounting papers once a year. Meanwhile she cannot use the bathroom, swimming pool n golf is also off

can harvest fruits, herbs n fishes good enuf........bring home for anak, anak, macik n datuk...pakcik... kampung sidekicks

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come these 2 old grandmas not outside exercising and collecting cardboards ?
they were busy reading up copies of business times and awsj to discuss interest rate hikes and roi's on temasik's investments for a fruitful working lunch. of course, they also had lhjb and straits times to check on one another availability to attend and were happy to note either of them did not appear in the obituary column.
collecting cardboards and empty drink cans are only their (part-time) hobby :wink:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
they were busy reading up copies of business times and awsj to discuss interest rate hikes and roi's on temasik's investments for a fruitful working lunch. of course, they also had lhjb and straits times to check on one another availability to attend and were happy to note either of them did not appear in the obituary column.
collecting cardboards and empty drink cans are only their (part-time) hobby :wink:

In return, these 2 grandmas must invite Halimah for bak kut teh @ Eminence Plaza.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am glad I brought the grannies' plight to Madam President. It earned them a rare honour to dine at the Istana with the president. Good deed done for the day by your humble grassroots leader.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

as members of the fap comfort women wings, their duties is to allow male counterparts to upskirt them and flap their clitoris as exercise in case they need to giap the mp or ministar's lang jeow