• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Do sinkies have to fill up Thai immigration card?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that we can use our Biometric passport to enter Bangkok swampy airport via automated gates, is embarkation card still necessary?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The TM6 arrival/departure card's still on, and with obligatory passport stamp. This was still mandatory of Thais (even with auto clearance) until recently, so what more for foreigners?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30326711

Also clear, there's no auto clearance on departure. Unsure if DM airport has caught up with Suva.

Some hiccups expected, as a visiting crony had to re-Q at another 'manual' counter 2 weeks back. The rubber stamp on passport with arrival card also helps not only for required hotel check-ins, but also any mata spot checks. TiT (this is Thailand):p

zujkhg.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, Bro.

So if TM6 is still in force, how are you going to hand over the arrival half to the immigration or have your passport stamped if you are using automated clearance ?

Cancerian

Yes, there is a make shift desk with an immigration officer sitting just after you exit the auto gate to check and stamp your passport. You still need to fill in the white form.

Cancerian

Yes, the white card is still required. There will be an immigration officer with a make shift table just after you exit the auto gate. He/she will check and stamp your passport and collect the portion of the white card.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So if TM6 is still in force, how are you going to hand over the arrival half to the immigration or have your passport stamped if you are using automated clearance ?
There's always 'help' at hand, immigration staff to guide you just before hitting the auto clearance machine with and obligatory stamp after. Double take, but the bottom line is you beat the crowds and long Qs (peak arrivals) -with special sinkies lane. The irony on my last do, there was hardly any long Q in regular lanes and I chanced on a new lane opened by a immigration officer -beating the crony at the sinkie lane:p

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's always 'help' at hand, immigration staff to guide you just before hitting the auto clearance machine with and obligatory stamp after. Double take, but the bottom line is you beat the crowds and long Qs (peak arrivals) -with special sinkies lane. The irony on my last do, there was hardly any long Q in regular lanes and I chanced on a new lane opened by a immigration officer -beating the crony at the sinkie lane:p

Thanks Bro.

Hopefully the automated clearance can be extended to departure.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Experienced the automated clearance for the first time. It's only available in ONE immigration gate, not all gates. I can't remember the number, but when I arrived at the nearest gate (where SGP auto clearance was available) they cordoned the area and redirected incoming visitors to the next gate. When I flashed my SGP passport, I was asked to return to the previous gate. I managed to pass through the auto clearance with relative ease but the 2 visitors behind me couldn't pass through due to some technical errors. So it's hit and miss at this moment.

When departing BKK for SGP I went through the usual routine. No auto clearance available, but the queue was surprisingly short.