• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat She STOLE My Lunch....

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
not fair
Screenshot_2017-09-18-23-22-52_com.android.chrome_1505748223851.jpg

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ang Moh better still!

Stolen A HOUSE and moved it 1250km away from Canberra to Queensland!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...-canberra-appears-in-rural-queensland/8939072

Tiny house stolen from Canberra 'spotted in rural Queensland less than a day later'

By Jordan Hayne and Elise Pianegonda

Updated September 14, 2017 09:48:15
CCTV shows the tiny house being driven away
Video: CCTV shows the tiny house being driven away (ABC News)
Related Story: How a young family with a baby live in an 18-square-metre house
Map: Canberra 2600

A tiny house prototype stolen from a Canberra business appears to have made its way to a Queensland town 1,250 kilometres away in a matter of hours, according to the home's owner.

The house, which is mounted on a trailer and valued at about $20,000, was stolen from Julie Bray's Mitchell business late on Sunday.

"It was stolen from outside our office ... at 8:15 Sunday night," she said.

"Somebody who was in the vicinity heard angle grinding, came out and saw what was happening and called the police."
A small house-like structure on wheels.
Photo: The house was taken on Sunday evening. (Supplied: Julie Bray)

But another surprise came when, less than a day later, Ms Bray received reports of the house appearing more than 1,000 kilometres away in rural Queensland.

"It was first spotted in Kingaroy at 5:30 on Monday night, then it was seen the next morning at Kilkivan, which is just north of Kingaroy, an hour north or something," Ms Bray said.

"I was astounded.

"I don't think I'll need an engineering certificate for it now, it's proven it can go very far, very fast.

Ms Bray said she posted pictures of the house on social media calling for help, and was confident the sighting in Queensland was legitimate.

"The guy that spotted it in Kingaroy was able to describe to me aspects of it that aren't even in the photo," she said.

"He was even able to describe a faded spot on the timber wall on the back ... I remembered that we actually had a sign there, a business sign was on it, and they would have removed that."

As of late Wednesday afternoon there were reports the house had been spotted as far north as Hervey Bay.
Reports of brown Falcon towing tiny house: police
A small house-like structure mounted on a trailer.
Photo: The house, when finished, is valued at about $30,000. (Supplied: Julie Bray)

ACT police confirmed they were investigating after attending the business following reports of a man tampering with the house, however it was gone by the time they arrived.

On Wednesday afternoon Queensland Police said they had issued an alert to all officers in the area to keep an eye out for the tiny house.

Gympie Police Senior Sergeant Gregg Davey said the tiny house was at one point parked at Kilkivan, but by the time police arrived the car and the house were gone.

"It was actually observed parked on the Wide Bay Highway in a park area," he said.

"Some of the locals noticed the tiny house and because it was so peculiar they went over and had a look at it.

"It was observed to be attached to what appeared to be an old-model brown Falcon, bordering on being maroon, and that vehicle possible had either ACT or Victorian plates attached."

Senior Sergeant Davey said it was an unusual case.

"In my 30 years experience I can certainly say I've never encountered this, [but] I've certainly watched a fair bit about these tiny houses on television," he said.

"It's important anyone with information gets onto the Queensland Police and we'll make sure we get a car out there."
Business 'to lose thousands'

The tiny house, which is designed to be affordable yet large enough to live in, was an unfinished promotional model for the business, and Ms Bray said without it she would be thousands of dollars out of pocket.

Once plumbing is installed and final additions are made, the house would be worth $30,000.

"It needs to come back in perfect nick, I need it for a show in five and a half weeks, and I suppose otherwise send me 20 grand," she said.

"They're not cheap to replace and I haven't really got time to build another one before the show."
External Link: The house apparently travelled from Canberra to Queensland in less than a day.

Topics: crime, law-crime-and-justice, sustainable-living, lifestyle, canberra-2600, act, kingaroy-4610, qld, kilkivan-4600, australia

First posted September 13, 2017 09:20:14

More stories from Australian Capital Territory

8939878-3x2-340x227.jpg

8939478-3x2-700x467.jpg

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-14/stolen-tiny-house-found-in-qld/8943178

Man charged over tiny house allegedly stolen from Canberra, driven to Queensland
By Clare Sibthorpe and Diana Hayward

Updated September 14, 2017 13:40:50
CCTV shows the tiny house being driven away
Video: CCTV shows the tiny house being driven away (ABC News)
Related Story: Tiny house stolen from Canberra 'spotted in rural Queensland less than a day later'
Map: Canberra 2600

A 24-year-old man has been charged over the alleged theft of a tiny house taken from Canberra on Sunday and sighted in Queensland about 24 hours later.

Queensland police seized the prototype display model in Hervey Bay - 1,416 kilometres north of the capital.
A small house-like structure on wheels.
Photo: The house was taken on Sunday evening. (Supplied: Julie Bray)

The man, believed to be from Canberra, was charged with bringing stolen goods into the state.

The house is mounted on a trailer and valued at about $20,000.

It was taken from Julie Bray's Mitchell business about 8:15pm Sunday.

Within a matter of hours Ms Bray was notified of sightings more than 1,000 kilometres away in rural Queensland.

Ms Bray said she received reports on social media late Wednesday that it was spotted in Hervey Bay.

"I'm certainly very happy it has been found, as on Monday afternoon I was in despair because I thought I'd never get it back," she said.

"I was astounded".
External Link: The house apparently travelled from Canberra to Queensland in less than a day.

'I'm just really relieved'

Queensland police said they discovered the house in a backyard in the suburb of Dundowran about 3:00pm Wednesday and took it to a police storage facility.

Ms Bray relied heavily on Facebook to help track down her missing house, posting images that led to report of multiple sightings.
Timeline of a travelling house
8:15pm Sunday

Neighbours hear angle grinding in Ms Bray's backyard and call police.

8:30am Monday

Ms Bray discovers the tiny house is missing and posts photos on her Facebook page, which was shared hundreds of times.

6:30pm Tuesday

Ms Bray checks her Facebook to receive a number of reports on the prototype's apparent whereabouts, which she passes on to police.
She is told it was sighted late Monday afternoon at Kingaroy in Queensland, about 1,199 kilometres from Canberra.
By Tuesday morning it appeared to have made its way to Kilkivan, another 87 kilometres north of Kingaroy.

4:00pm Wednesday

Members of the internet's "tiny house patrol" tell Ms Bray they may have seen the house in Hervey Bay - yet another 200 kilometres from its last sighting.

8:00am Thursday

Queensland police confirm a 24-year-old male was charged over the alleged theft.

Her initial post on her personal Facebook account was shared more than 400 times - a reaction that shocked her.

"Whenever I post something about a major crisis in the world I get no response, and then something that is a bit of a crisis for me that is not nearly as bad, goes crazy," she said.

"When I think about how much it's blown up, I think people probably thought we did this as some kind of publicity stunt."

Ms Bray said the house was not registered but the culprits had put registered plates on.

She was not sure when she would get the house back, but hoped it would be soon.

"I'll be speaking to police later today about where it is, what they can do and how long they need it," she said.

"I'm just really relieved."

The tiny house was intended for Ms Bray's new business through which she will be manufacturing many more of the portable dwellings.

An ACT policing spokesman said this was the first report of a stolen tiny house they had ever received.

More charges could still be made in relation to stealing in the ACT.

The man is due to appear in Hervey Bay Magistrates Court on October 5.
A small house-like structure mounted on a trailer.
Photo: The house, when finished, is valued at about $30,000. (Supplied: Julie Bray)

Topics: crime, law-crime-and-justice, sustainable-living, lifestyle, canberra-2600, act, australia, kingaroy-4610, qld, kilkivan-4600

Video:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-13/cctv-shows-theft-of-tiny-house/8940994