• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Presidential election fiasco is “irrefutable proof” of how stupid pap think s’poreans

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Presidential election fiasco is “irrefutable proof” of how stupid pap think s’por

There is no middle ground, there is no segment that the Govt does not control.

I beg to differ on this one- throughout my kopi sessions around my kampong, a large portion come across as middle ground voters.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Presidential election fiasco is “irrefutable proof” of how stupid pap think s’por

The middle ground holds the key... time to get ready :smile::smile::smile:

The middle ground care more that their middle-class status is maintained or improved. As long as their salaries are good, property prices remain stable and their kids have access to elite schools, they couldn't care less even if my grassroots buddies and I kiwied Chee's nipples in public.

Don't count on the middle ground to cast protest votes.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Explain the fall of AJ GRC. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Close to half the AJ voters have been brainwashed. And some of the strawberry voters could not stomach Ah Gong's hard truths. Now, many of them have regretted voting for the oppies. That was why a newbie PAP team nearly unseated the veteran oppies. In the coming GE, WP will be outed for sure. I think Low, Sylvia and Pritam might be in jail before the GE.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

In the coming GE, WP will be outed for sure. I think Low, Sylvia and Pritam might be in jail before the GE.

I'll do my best to make sure AJ-GRC remains the bastion of democracy!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unhappiness on the ground doesn't necessarily translate into massive vote swing if voters are presented with a false choice between pap and 3rd rated opposition.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The middle class in nearly all countries are the ones who can save their country from disaster. In Singapore , the middle class tend to think near the end of their career. They are so focused on their careers and avoid anything that will cause a problem to their flight path. We have the World's best paid civil servants from the bottom to the top. Therein is the captive vote bank. The rest are taken cared of by grants, access and now funding start-ups.

I beg to differ on this one- throughout my kopi sessions around my kampong, a large portion come across as middle ground voters.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The researchers established that there were three pillars sustaining autocratic regimes: legitimation, repression and cooptation......
Cooptation means incorporating people.....given the opportunity to be part of the system and benefit from it...................
Repression ......cracks down openly on demonstrators and members of the opposition, but most repression there remains hidden. "Undesirable journalists get hit with a flood of libel actions, or the tax authorities go after critics of the regime," ..........
The factor that has the greatest influence on whether an authoritarian leader or an undemocratic regime is able to hold on to power is legitimation........... the ruler must create his own form of legitimation....appeal to nationalist instincts....evoke an ideology, such as Communism......Another way is to promise economic prosperity
http://www.dw.com/en/how-do-dictatorships-survive/a-17062347

They still survive as all 3 conditions are still present-but some of their actions are beginning to erode that eg large inflow of immigrants causing local unemployment, poor state of public transport, high medical cost ,constant change of rules to avoid popular political participation and favour their own kind ect2.
Being called a dishonourably son is certainly damaging to a person's legitimacy as a leader and so does not suing what they themselves deemed as a libellous speaker because he is the brother.

Last edited:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singos have remarkably resilient sphincter muscles….you can shove a white cock right up their asses inch by inch….and there will be no protest.