• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Intend to convert this forum to Xenforo if database import works out

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No IB has survived in this forum in the last 19 years. They usually go down in flames quickly or get massaged until they start to think properly. There will always be allegations of IB and thats quite natural. Some get stuck in an argument and make wild allegations. In fact the forum has veered towards the other extreme but for those who are wise enough bring it it back to sanity by playing the foil, the devils advocate and what have you etc.

The Govt media and their press whore houses have been specifically told in no uncertain terms not to mention SBF unless it relates to OKT cases to stop driving traffic towards this forum and more joining the cause. This was around circa 2006 post GE.

There have always been smear campaigns in the past particularly against Sam keeping and tracking IPs and this has rightfully has no truck and no carriage in this World of ours.

Many are also not aware of what goes on in the inner sanctum and the steps that are taken to protect the anonymity of this forum. Some of us can guess by putting two and two together. There is already a hint of it in this thread. Sam is also anal about privacy and I remember he lost his bundle when it outed one nutjob.

Like the PAP, the game is one of brinkmanship. Some of us have held back - no state secret is an unwritten rule as OSA is one powerful tool. There are also friendlies in the establishment.

In essence NZ and Sam is a powerful combination. If you know anything about NZ you know what I am talking about.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup I'm talking about 3rd party apps that can support xenforo. Honestly I don't like surfing the forum on my internet browser and prefer using an app instead. But that's just my own preference

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was an interesting episode when the F4 paid to get into the pants of admin and getting bans imposed. Then we had Robot using Hinduism, LGBT rights to bring it down on racism charges.

Moving from Delphi to vBulletin was a different kettle of fish altogether. I had to abandon the delphi database because there was no way I could it import it to this forum. I didn't even have access to the database because I didn't own it and neither did I own the Delphi domain. I was merely a subscriber.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hello Leongsam

1. Saw someone mentioned photo drag and drop feature and no need photo hosting this feature apply to only desktop/notebook? What about mobile devices?

2. When is this Xenforo thing expected to go live?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hello Leongsam

1. Saw someone mentioned photo drag and drop feature and no need photo hosting this feature apply to only desktop/notebook? What about mobile devices?

2. When is this Xenforo thing expected to go live?

On a mobile device it will say "upload file" and then give you an option to either take a photo or upload from your camera roll.

I'm now trying to get all the old vbcode translated to xenforocode which is slightly different.

The hardest part of the migration is the actual switch over. It will probably take at least 12 hours or more.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it early next week.

Once it is done there's still a ton of fine tuning to be done because the reputation system cannot be ported over. I'll have to give that up and come up with something different.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
On a mobile device it will say "upload file" and then give you an option to either take a photo or upload from your camera roll.

I'm now trying to get all the old vbcode translated to xenforocode which is slightly different.

The hardest part of the migration is the actual switch over. It will probably take at least 12 hours or more.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it early next week.

Once it is done there's still a ton of fine tuning to be done because the reputation system cannot be ported over. I'll have to give that up and come up with something different.

Thank you. I'm looking forward. Go Go Go!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Why not let's all start at zero?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Attachments

• sammyzen.png
    sammyzen.png
    237.6 KB · Views: 241

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Leongsam Boss I just curious what about the other more famous Sammyboy forum will it get the Xenforo too?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Did the sex forum get ported over to vbulletin first or this forum?

Sex forum on Delphi was shut down by Delphi Admin so it moved to vBulletin in Dec 2001.

The coffee shop moved over in 2008 after when Delphi Admin repeatedly interfered with the way I ran it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Leongsam Boss I just curious what about the other more famous Sammyboy forum will it get the Xenforo too?

I would like to go in that direction but it would be too complicated as there is so much customisation that it would cost a king's ransom to port over and retain all the features that have been added over the years.

In addition the database is so large that we are talking at least a week of downtime if I decided to switch. None of the sponsors would tolerate such an extended break.