• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Intend to convert this forum to Xenforo if database import works out

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
time to celebrate and congratulate dear leader.

IMG_0155.JPG

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I only used one moniker in Delphi, using the same moniker here on Vbulletin, and registered the same moniker on Xenforo. But it seemed Boss managed to move all our monikers over, so all is good.

I don't understand. How did you register the same moniker when I already ported your account over? Something is not right.:*:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't understand. How did you register the same moniker when I already ported your account over? Something is not right.:*:

i attempted to register new account with old email address and same moniker but gave up. the moniker is there all along.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... sign in with your SingPass. That's it.
You forgot to add enhanced security with OTP:cool:

Sam, tried image drop just -great stuff, minus the pains of 3rd party host. Skin looks a refreshing change.
Err, any post edit function or I missed out?:o

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Noticed the site does not use https

Goodness gracious you guys are a demanding lot. That is not a live version of the site. It is a "show home". I simply set it up so your guys could see what it would look like and it is not the finished version either.

1. The database is an old one.

2. I have done nothing to configure the skins.

3. I have not created the xenforo usergroups yet. What you see is just what the translator did when I imported the structure from this forum.

4. I have not configured usergroup permissions.

5. Lots of vB code does not work in xenforo (eg the embedded videos) and this will require a lot of global editing to the existing database.

6. It is a work in progress and only 20% is complete. Just finished the foundations. Building is not up yet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
6. It is a work in progress and only 20% is complete. Just finished the foundations. Building is not up yet.

Seems like lots of work Leongsam do let us know if you need help we'll send our pinoy and indon maids without thinking twice.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before you migrate to Xenforo, why not consider selling this forum to the pap. After all their IB is already providing over half of all threads for sometime already.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Before you migrate to Xenforo, why not consider selling this forum to the pap. After all their IB is already providing over half of all threads for sometime already.

Unless your post is tongue-in-cheek, there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding over my intentions.

All I'm doing is migrating this forum database so that interactions by members are via xenforo instead of vbulletin.

I'm doing this because xenforo is kept up to date with the way the internet works in this day and age whereas vbulletin has not.

Nothing else changes. The domain remains the same ie www.sammyboy.com and so will everything else. The membership don't have to re-register because all their data will be imported along with all their posts they have ever made since day one of vbulletin.

I'm not selling the building and moving somewhere else. All I'm doing is re-cladding the exterior, putting in new elevators and sprucing up the corridors. However all the crap and gems in the database will not be touched.

Moving from Delphi to vBulletin was a different kettle of fish altogether. I had to abandon the delphi database because there was no way I could it import it to this forum. I didn't even have access to the database because I didn't own it and neither did I own the Delphi domain. I was merely a subscriber.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Looks good boss.. I see there are a couple of free android apps to support xenforo too

Which are those?

Xenforo is designed to be mobile responsive so there is no need for an app unless you're talking white labelled apps for specific forums.