• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why the 2 rejected candidates applied for election when they are not qualified?

ThePimp

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth hurts. Yes I do whine alot but not anymore. It is not the fault of the people in becoming like that. It is the conditioning and grooming of the master from young.

IMO we have reached a state of no return. When one has a terminal illness, don't waste time fighting it. Enjoy the remaining good time no matter how short it may be.

You don't whine anymore? Just read your earlier post again, and decide for yourself whether you are a whiner who talks big. If you have no guts or self awareness, nobody can help you. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Because they ARE stupid. Sinkies are stupid.

u are the fucking stupid one. These 2 candidates did not become as rich as they did by their stupidity. Or are u too stupid to realize that? If someone told you that u had a 1 in 3 chance of earning $4.5 million a year for the next 5 years, you are telling me that you will turn down that opportunity? U are the stupid one.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't whine anymore? Just read your earlier post again, and decide for yourself whether you are a whiner who talks big. If you have no guts or self awareness, nobody can help you. :rolleyes:
Too bad if you interprete my earlier post as whining. To me, it was only a post of self-reflection.

I am not young now. Just to explain my thoughts :

For the handful that break free, I refer to those who choose to migrate while sg was still enjoying economic boom. They give up the stability and risk losing everything. I am not one of them. I remained in the cage.

For those who return to lick the master's hand, I am not one of them but many are. I am grateful to the first generation leaders but not the current group. To me, the master has changed.

We need to change the mindset of the people first before talking of fighting. It will take more than one generation to do that provided the young are brought up in a different way. It is an impossible scenario so what fight can we offer? Only when there is widespread starvation, then yes.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walkover can vote also right ? Even Saddam Hussein the only candidate in the presidential election got 99.99% of the popular vote except for some illiterate voters who mark wrongly on the ballot papers.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm glad the elections are over before it started. Surely a landslide victory for Madam President!

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure Farid Khan and Salleh Marican are not stupid people who know they themselves are not qualified candidates base on the Financial Criterion in managing more than $500million. So why the hell did they applied for the PE?

because they want to make pap look bad.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Too bad if you interprete my earlier post as whining. To me, it was only a post of self-reflection.

I am not young now. Just to explain my thoughts :

For the handful that break free, I refer to those who choose to migrate while sg was still enjoying economic boom. They give up the stability and risk losing everything. I am not one of them. I remained in the cage.

For those who return to lick the master's hand, I am not one of them but many are. I am grateful to the first generation leaders but not the current group. To me, the master has changed.

We need to change the mindset of the people first before talking of fighting. It will take more than one generation to do that provided the young are brought up in a different way. It is an impossible scenario so what fight can we offer? Only when there is widespread starvation, then yes.

U don't have to migrate to enjoy life here. this part is obvious. Look around you. Many expats here are enjoying life. Many MIWs and PAP porlumpars are also enjoying life here. If they can enjoy life here, why can't you? If you know how to game the system and if you know what the game is, you can manipulate it and enjoy life. People who migrate have no idea. They have a vague inkling, and they see that things are better overseas and they go for it. Yes, this part is true. sometimes its better overseas but sometimes its not. But here, u can have your cake and eat it too. Ask yourself how many sinkies have a bungalow or condo in JB and a nice car there. The answer is alot. U never hear about them because the shit times never interviews these sort of people. U only hear about all the robberies and carjackings there. They can go there on the weekends and blow of steam. Shit, with today's technology, u can be living part time overseas and still do your job in singapore. I know so many sinkies that fly to Australia on the weekend, they have a nice big bungalow there and a porsche. U can work on a project for your clients and keep in very regular email contact with them and they will neevr know u arein Perth. All these properties and cars there are bought at a fraction of the price in singapore. its a much better return on your money. Look at all those malaysians, hundreds and thousands of them, streaming across the causeway every day. They know the game. The game is to treat singapore like an office. Its a place to make your money. Its just a space to work. U can live somewhere else, you can enjoy some where else.

People in my generation or younger are already inheriting landed properties, condos and HDB flats, mortgage free from their parents. Also, many are inheriting businesses, asset portfolios, etc. there is a massive wealth transfer going on right now from one generation to another. If you don't know how to benefit from this and have to move overseas, then you have a problem. Not the govt. if you inherited all these assets bought long time ago by your parents at a much lower price and then you turn around, leverage it and buy more properties and assets in singapore, then you don't now how to play the game. staying here offers many advantages too. It depends on your personal situation. If you are single confirmed bachelor like me, then food is good and cheap. Cheaper if u eat in JB. Chicken is cheap, and u can get good quality for very reasonable price. Many tropical paradise destinations are a short flight away. If you have young children, then maybe moving abroad is better for them in order to avoid the school system and NS.

I am already planning a Thailand weekend getaway this month with a MILF FWB that I fuck occasionally. Just get on a flight Friday evening and come back Sunday night with her. Her husband doesn't care. Very cheap very easy. If I were in the UK, and I had a FWB, then I suppose Mallorca for the weekend would be the equivalent. Or if I were in Vancouver, then Puerto vallarta or Vegas for the weekend would be the equivalent. the point is, these overseas countries I mentioned above are not superior to what I can do in singapore for these sort of assignations. But that is just my lifestyle.

If u have been retrenched, looking for work, have little money saved up, guess what, u cannot move overseas either. Unlike singapore, other countries requires u to have a minimum net worth and or job skills in demand. The point id that if you have enough assets and a good skill set, such that u are in demand in another country and the other country is willing to give u a citizenship, u should reconsider why u cannot make it in singapore given all these advantages.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@Papsmearer
Thanks and fully agreed with your suggestions. Unfortunately I have kids who are grown ups. I am more concern for them. Hoping they will know what to do after my constant nagging.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@Papsmearer
Thanks and fully agreed with your suggestions. Unfortunately I have kids who are grown ups. I am more concern for them. Hoping they will know what to do after my constant nagging.

I have kids who are grown-up too. I tell them to make the world their oyster, go where their skill-sets fetch the highest premium. Don't just restrict their lives or careers to this little red dot.

Having said that, I have to agree with Papsmearer. If you're financially independent and have the means to move anywhere, trust me, Singapore is as good a place to live in as any. The food, equable climate, First World infrastructure, S.E. Asian hospitality everywhere you go (if you speak the lingo), easy accessibility to some of the world's best vacation spots – whether you're into diving, boating, mountaineering, sight-seeing, shopping, makan or just bumming around at white sands resorts. You can have your second vacation home somewhere else – the choice is limitless ... Australia, Qingdao, Phuket, Lijiang, Chiangmai, Danang, Langkawi, Bali ...

On the whole our generation had it good, but our kids will not be so lucky, seeing as the current leadership is running the country aground. Also, there's a significant segment of the population who's slipped through the cracks – those from our parents' generation and some from ours as well. The cardboard ladies, cleaners, security guards, odd-job workers, retrenched PMETs driving taxis/private hire cars ... These are the people who don't have the means to emigrate, and that's where the focus of our struggle should be.

Trouble is, the very people who need help most are also those who tend to vote for the PAP, who can't see beyond their HDB upgrading and their pitiful savings emptied into a leased box in the air. How do we change mindsets is the key to liberating Singapore.

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have kids who are grown-up too. I tell them to make the world their oyster, go where their skill-sets fetch the highest premium. Don't just restrict their lives or careers to this little red dot.

Having said that, I have to agree with Papsmearer. If you're financially independent and have the means to move anywhere, trust me, Singapore is as good a place to live in as any. The food, equable climate, First World infrastructure, S.E. Asian hospitality everywhere you go (if you speak the lingo), easy accessibility to some of the world's best vacation spots – whether you're into diving, boating, mountaineering, sight-seeing, shopping, makan or just bumming around at white sands resorts. You can have your second vacation home somewhere else – the choice is limitless ... Australia, Qingdao, Phuket, Lijiang, Chiangmai, Danang, Langkawi, Bali ...

On the whole our generation had it good, but our kids will not be so lucky, seeing as the current leadership is running the country aground. Also, there's a significant segment of the population who's slipped through the cracks – those from our parents' generation and some from ours as well. The cardboard ladies, cleaners, security guards, odd-job workers, retrenched PMETs driving taxis/private hire cars ... These are the people who don't have the means to emigrate, and that's where the focus of our struggle should be.

Trouble is, the very people who need help most are also those who tend to vote for the PAP, who can't see beyond their HDB upgrading and their pitiful savings dumped into a leased box in the air. How do we change mindsets is the key to liberating Singapore.

I share your view. We are indeed the lucky group. Friends who migrated give frank opinion that sg is best in term of safety and security but they will still chose to stay overseas for the vastness and freedom. So staying here and going out of the country for holiday is the best option.

Problem is how long more can this last? Looking at the state of competency of our public service like smrt, lift maintenance... we will be doomed in no time. Luckily our power supply system is still intact. If it becomes like smrt, it will be a crash to the economy. For the Public to be ignorant of the importance of such services is ok but not the govt. This group seems to take many things for granted because they have been functioning well all along. If they put another of this critical service in the hands of those general who thinks that works can be done by talking, the end will be hastened. Sadly not a single of them in the current group seems to show that kind of concern but only always trying to sound intelligent.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
finally every detractor admits sg is a great place to live and work in if one knows how to game the system. yes, with technology and modern transport, one can sip a cup of philtered soul with young millionaires in sillycon valley on tuesday morning and slurp laksa with lau ah pek millionaires in siglap on friday morning in the same week. and collect cardboard in bedok south if one feels like exercising. all thanks to the pap.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need to be specific when giving credit. Credit must be given to the first generation leaders of PAP but not to subsequent ones.

aiyah. some old pap cohorts are fuckwits, like the moron who came up with fringe parking lots. can still see one out of kallang mrt station. it's hit and miss. lucky for sinkies idiotic ideas that were implemented decades ago were not crippling to the economy and are now being corrected. same thing with policies now. hits and misses. results can only be measured in decades and appreciated then. on the whole if you consider everything not bad lah.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It was bad enough in the previous GE that Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian were allowed to run even though both did not make the cut. If candidates that do not make the cut are allowed to run simply for the sake of having a contest, then what is the point of having a criteria for the presidential candidates?

You are just upset that you didn't get your chance to either cast a protest vote against Madam President or to spoil your vote.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;nHv2lsaA4v0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHv2lsaA4v0[/video]

1. SDP is crying over spilled milk

2. The deed is done, it is too late to be undone

3. "Support the SDP and help us hold the PAP accountable"? Support you after the deed is done? You must be kidding.

4. SDP we don't see you doing nothing to stop this so now support you for fuck?

5. SDP can go give dog fuck!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Things will change when the SGD$ collapses and becomes worthless.

All those yaya papaya sinkies who thought they had millions end up with pittance. This will happen when sinkies finally vote out PAP and the truth is revealed. Temasek and GIC are shams. LHL and HC have run road with the reserves to Zimbabwe. CPF is a pyramid scheme.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things will change when the SGD$ collapses and becomes worthless.

All those yaya papaya sinkies who thought they had millions end up with pittance. This will happen when sinkies finally vote out PAP and the truth is revealed. Temasek and GIC are shams. LHL and HC have run road with the reserves to Zimbabwe. CPF is a pyramid scheme.

when the pap is in charge this won't happen. they know how to run a successful global ponzi scheme that is perpetually on the upswing, and the prc has learned from them. when one knows how to sell a british colonial leftover shithole as an everything hub of the east, one can sell anything, including endless summers of soixante neuf. the moment the oppo takes over it is over. sinkies know that.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
when the pap is in charge this won't happen. they know how to run a successful global ponzi scheme that is perpetually on the upswing, and the prc has learned from them. when one knows how to sell a british colonial leftover shithole as an everything hub of the east, one can sell anything, including endless summers of soixante neuf. the moment the oppo takes over it is over. sinkies know that.

Sinkies will vote out PAP eventually. Not because they see the light or have any wisdom in their choice but simply because the future of the city state has run its course and things have gotten worse. And then when the truth is revealed by the opposition the SGD$ will collapse.

When that day happens it will be a very sad one for Singaporeans.