• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Over 1000 Property agents to form union against Propertyguru, wah so garang?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Shows that sinkies can still motivate themselves to move their lethargic backsides into action if they are affected directly by money. there is yet hope for the voting general population. PAP is on the way to fucking up their rise bowl. Arise u sleeping morons and move into action.

Agents plan to boycott PropertyGuru

NP_20170905_RAYAGEN05_1618910.jpg
The PropertyGuru app. PHOTO:THE STRAITS TIMES

They also want to form union to fight online portal's price hike for new packages

More than 1,000 property agents upset about a recent price hike by Singapore's largest property portal have banded together to lobby their interests, that includes planning a boycott of PropertyGuru.
The group, Agents United, is also looking into forming a union.
The move comes amid a wave of uncertainty in the industry, as brokers grapple with a growing do-it-yourself culture among homebuyers and consolidation among property agencies.
The number of buyers and sellers who carried out DIY resale transactions has been on the rise, though this proportion in relation to the total number of resale buyers and sellers has remained stable at around 24 per cent.
Last year, about 9,900 buyers and sellers opted for the DIY path, compared to 9,200 in 2015 and 8,500 in 2014.
Seeing the writing on the wall, agencies have also merged to pool resources. PropNex Realty and Dennis Wee Group merged in June, while OrangeTee and Edmund Tie & Company joined forces last month, sparking talk of further consolidation down the road.

Business
More signs of life in property

Sep 04, 2017

"Consolidation is usually the first sign that a company is not generating enough revenue to justify its overhead costs," said real estate academic Sing Tien Foo.
"The next step is to improve agents' productivity, where you will see underperformers slowly exiting the market."
Already, the number of agents has been on a steady decline. There were 28,397 agents as of Jan 1 this year, compared to 31,783 in 2014.
But it is PropertyGuru's price hike, which kicked in last Friday, that agents said will hurt them most.
The portal, which came on the scene in 2007, is synonymous with the property hunt here, appearing on the top of web searches and boasting the largest number of listings, with about 15,000 agents using its platform.
But last week, it introduced higher fees for new packages, ranging from $880 to $9,880. Previous packages cost between $630 and $2,240.
A spokesman said the last major price revision was two years ago and that it also had a premium package at $11,200.
The number of credits agents need to re-post a listing has also doubled, which agents complain is a way to make them buy more expensive packages more frequently.
To that end, about 1,300 agents formed Agents United to figure out ways to survive the business. Key among their objectives is to prop up 99.co, another property portal, with enough listings to rival PropertyGuru.
99.co charges $388 to $588 for features such as listings, floor plans and research tools.
The group's founder, Ms Glynis Ng, said: "PropertyGuru is a monopoly, which is why it can boldly increase its fees.
"Our hope is that agents band together to create an alternative, so that an open market will peg the costs of doing agent work to a fair market price."
She added that the group is also exploring the idea of forming a union, whether on its own or with other associations.
But Associate Professor Sing pointed out that technological disruption will be the main game changer, noting that the Government is looking to automate more administrative processes and use technology to improve agents' productivity.
"In the long run, we probably need only about 20,000 agents," he said.
"Technological disruptions may pose a challenge for agents, and they may have to consider new roles in the industry."

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many lameass property agents around. Handing out brochures in the middle of the street to sell property. Why i need these clowns?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cham lah. Property agents no more. Insurance agents no more. Uber driver also under threat due to auto cars. Next to hit ? Car agents ?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too many lameass property agents around. Handing out brochures in the middle of the street to sell property. Why i need these clowns?

Property sales should be a dignified transaction...n to think it's sold on the Street like Street peddlars..wat a joke...even cars are sold with more dignity than that. N if I got money to buy what they are selling...I will go directly to the property to ask...or launch or whatever.. n my question is..all these time n resources doing flyers n selling on roadside...have any sales etc been concluded by this method? Wat is the hit rate? One in 100? Or 1 in 1000? I think the whole pile or flyers gone also not 1 transaction. Is that productive n cost effective? If it's a marketing tool....than can hire ah soh n kids to distribute...no need agent stand in roadside n lelong lelong

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
one way to kill a paid property website is to offer free listing of properties.........

Revenue can be obtained through advertising targeted at property buyers, who are cash rich to begin with......

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property sales should be a dignified transaction...n to think it's sold on the Street like Street peddlars..wat a joke...even cars are sold with more dignity than that. N if I got money to buy what they are selling...I will go directly to the property to ask...or launch or whatever.. n my question is..all these time n resources doing flyers n selling on roadside...have any sales etc been concluded by this method? Wat is the hit rate? One in 100? Or 1 in 1000? I think the whole pile or flyers gone also not 1 transaction. Is that productive n cost effective? If it's a marketing tool....than can hire ah soh n kids to distribute...no need agent stand in roadside n lelong lelong

We need fools and stupid people in every society. They keep the balance. If everyone are smart, who can we con and exploit? haha

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Who's the PAP member leading this union? This union may be illegal. I hope Kee Chiu and the NTUC is investigating this matter.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cham lah. Property agents no more. Insurance agents no more. Uber driver also under threat due to auto cars. Next to hit ? Car agents ?

why not? if you can buy gadgets online, you should be able to buy cars online. all other car necessities like loans, insurance, taxes can be easily obtained and paid online.

and why waste time forming unions? if they are savvy, they can always start up their own property search website funded by their own listing fees.

Last edited: