• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Who's boycotting the Presidential Election?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a classic sign of fatalism - unable to comprehend, grasp or even attempt to understand what the issue is. Completely resigned to the fact that they are powerless even when it is not the case.

It does show a new worrying trend. In the past the fear element was thought to be the fundamental issue behind voting in the PAP. The fear in the early years was state monitors who you vote for and in later years the fear that the country will completely fold without the PAP. The BEE strategy that led to 1991 episode does indicate about the latter.

With clear cut examples shown plus the math and yet unable to shake it off.

Sinkie easy give up. Surrender. Never think optimistic. Keep going. Keep trying. If enough vote other candidate same thinking then PAP will lose.

Instead say boycott better? Wah lau eh. Give you chance say dowan.

It is like those joker say no point buying TOTO cos will never win. Yeah lah dun buy sure won't win.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, nobody is stopping you to vote. Let's see the result at the end of the day.

I just make a decision not to vote and present the mathematical fact on why I did so.

You and halsey02 are two chee-bye kias PAP running dogs!

Fuck your mothers' smelly chee-byes you running dogs!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why boycott when you are given a chance to do what you want?
The way it is given is to frustrate and drive you to do what they want...boycott.
Why be such a cock?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest round going 2nd chance ah neh is pappy backup candidate.
Apparently he sits on one of Temasek's boards. Any verification?

Everybody knows this pre erection is a joke.
So no need to take this event seriously let's vote jokingly without any justification.
Vote anybody except the one living in yishun who confidently vacate her comfortable seat in parlumpar house.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How nice if there is a way for all netizens to pretend and voice that we are all for boycotting but only to turn out in full force on actual day to vote. Otherwise, if too much negativity is shown now, most likely a walkover.

ThePimp

Alfrescian
Loyal
How nice if there is a way for all netizens to pretend and voice that we are all for boycotting but only to turn out in full force on actual day to vote. Otherwise, if too much negativity is shown now, most likely a walkover.

You can always send an e-mail to your friendly grassroots leader. :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, these guys will watch and do what suits them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me try another attempt to convince those who are keen to boycott or spoil the vote not to as it plays into PAP's hands.

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 20.06.38.png

118,384 people did not vote (boycott, sick, away overseas, forgot)
37,849 people spoilt the vote
= 156, 233 total number of people who are therefore excluded from the count and who have effectively lost their voice and say in the elections.

Tony Tan's winning majority was only 7,382. If only 10% (or 15, 623 people) of those who did not vote or spoil their votes voted for TCB , Tony Tan the establishment choice would not have won the Presidency.

What is even more interesting is that 59.89% ( 34.84% + 25.05%) voted for 2 candidates that was not endorsed by the PAP. Which means majority of Singaporeans had no faith in PAP's Tony Tan, for DPM, Cabinet Minister and 7 term PAP MP.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
And they it is mathematically concluded already.

Machiam like EPL mathematically out of the title race?

Sinkies so stupid

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese Sinkies are descendant of opim addicts from the British Empire who are stupid idiots now.

Opium smoking shd be legalize by Pap to continue make Sinkies stupids for many moons to come.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why not pass the voting privilege to me? i intend to vote for madam president-erect if given the privilege. why sinkies so wasteful of such privileges?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Chinese Sinkies are descendant of opim addicts from the British Empire who are stupid idiots now.

Opium smoking shd be legalize by Pap to continue make Sinkies stupids for many moons to come.

Are you Chinese sinkie? You so smart leh.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
哈你老母? 我叼你老母. Take millions frm us to pay for a president...to make sure we will neber get to noe the truth? Papies...may chiu...chiu familee and cronies...hum ga chan:smile:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread is started to tell others my decision of boycotting the election and I had presented the reason on why I did so.
(https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread...e-Presidential-Election&p=2639662#post2639662)

This thread is not to convince others to boycott the election. I am looking for others who have the same mindset as me and have a decent discussion about it.
I am not convincing others to do what i do, i believe people can make their own decision.
I don't suffer from any forms of inferiority complex and need others to follow my ideas in order to feel better of myself.

Unless there is only one candidate vs the PAP endorsed female, I will boycott it.

Your opposed vote will be spilt 3 ways against the female. Are opposition that united? We will see it soon.

People have the power not the play the game of the govt and remove the power of the govt.
Or you can play the game against the govt in their own game and win it by being unified and united. Which one are you?

If you are divided and still complain and hated the govt so much.. What is the point. This is what PAP made you to be. To be divided.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is your reasons are flawed and there is no logic behind it. You also cannot explain in simple maths how your decision will hurt the PAP. In fact many of us having pointed clearly that your action is actually helping the PAP.

Once you make such a decision to help the PAP by this mistake of reason you then lose the right about complaining about the PAP. Your credibility is shot.

This thread is started to tell others my decision of boycotting the election and I had presented the reason on why I did so.
(https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread...e-Presidential-Election&p=2639662#post2639662)

This thread is not to convince others to boycott the election. I am looking for others who have the same mindset as me and have a decent discussion about it.
I am not convincing others to do what i do, i believe people can make their own decision.
I don't suffer from any forms of inferiority complex and need others to follow my ideas in order to feel better of myself.

Unless there is only one candidate vs the PAP endorsed female, I will boycott it.

Your opposed vote will be spilt 3 ways against the female. Are opposition that united? We will see it soon.

People have the power not the play the game of the govt and remove the power of the govt.
Or you can play the game against the govt in their own game and win it by being unified and united. Which one are you?

If you are divided and still complain and hated the govt so much.. What is the point. This is what PAP made you to be. To be divided.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'll explain to you why your reasoning is flawed, something which the all guys here missed:

Your arguments are predicated on the fact that Halimah will win, no matter what, especially in a 3-way fight. So no point voting; just boycott.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT.

The point is:
Even if Halimah wins (I actually believe she is very likely to, given that 70% of Sinkies are numbskulls), we should aim to minimize her % vote as a stinging rebuttal to the govt and a strong message to the international community about our wayang EP.

And the way to minimize her vote is to vote for the non-PAP endorsed candidate(s). Any spoilt or absentee vote will increase her % vote, not decrease it.

Tony Tan squeaked home with 35% in 2011 in a 4-way fight, making him a 'lame-duck' president. It was a disgrace for the PAP, and it showed the world that 65% of the people did not support the elected prez. It made a mockery of the whole system. Why do you think the PAP jumped through all kinds of inane hoops to rig TCB out of this election by coming out with this silly concept of a 'reserved' presidency and miscounting the number of elected prez terms?

As I said in another post, the only time when I'd consider spoiling my vote is when two PAP-endorsed candidates are contesting each other.

As it stands, it looks like a walkover this time around.

Message: Win or lose, minimize Halimah's vote by voting the other guy.