• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Has JB City Square started selling moon cakes already ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can some of our regular JB members confirm ?

I am not referring to Seasons or Lavender, but those stalls in the main atrium.

10Q.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can some of our regular JB members confirm ?

I am not referring to Seasons or Lavender, but those stalls in the main atrium.

10Q.

From my experience....usually half way through the 7th month...have not been up there for a while....I used to buy mine from Aeon City...& later mostly from JB City Square...

From my diary record this is a few years back...Season 4 Egg Yolks Moon cake - RM75 ...wonder how much is it these days..anyone can fill me in?

I love to eat those "little piggy" in the plastic cage....was passing a shop here recently saw some & checked the price...it is more than $1 these..I will give it a miss completely...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM75 how the local jiuhu kia afforded. Must go cheong work in Singapore everyday can afford.

No nsf jiuhukia males free to roam work in Singapore PAP favourite workers.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experience....usually half way through the 7th month...have not been up there for a while....I used to buy mine from Aeon City...& later mostly from JB City Square...

From my diary record this is a few years back...Season 4 Egg Yolks Moon cake - RM75 ...wonder how much is it these days..anyone can fill me in?

I love to eat those "little piggy" in the plastic cage....was passing a shop here recently saw some & checked the price...it is more than $1 these..I will give it a miss completely...

RM75 is on the high side, if you don't get the buy 4 get 1 free promotion.

I would always use SEASON as yardstick:

SE-Mooncake%202016%20LeafletB-FA-01.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RM75 is on the high side, if you don't get the buy 4 get 1 free promotion.

I would always use SEASON as yardstick:

The moon cake I used to buy is something like, you have to ask if they have it in stock, the brown skin type with lean yong, with 4 egg yolks. RM75 is reasonable if you compare that with Singapore...in which, it will cost you an 'arm & a leg'. That box is a special order purchase I do for someone..I only eat moon cake, with the brown skin & lean yong fillings, no egg yolk, no snow skin, no....just plain & the little piggy. You can give me in the plain brown wrapper ( in the past they packed that), that will do for me..no need fanciful box.

I do not know if they still make the 4 egg yolks type...looking at the catalogue above...it is not there. I have not been up to JB for quite a while...may go & do a recee...

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM75 how the local jiuhu kia afforded. Must go cheong work in Singapore everyday can afford.

No nsf jiuhukia males free to roam work in Singapore PAP favourite workers.

yesterday I just tipped a jiuhukia sdg$30 at Emperor spa. That is about $93 RM.

He can buy 1 and a half box.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The moon cake I used to buy is something like, you have to ask if they have it in stock, the brown skin type with lean yong, with 4 egg yolks. RM75 is reasonable if you compare that with Singapore...in which, it will cost you an 'arm & a leg'. That box is a special order purchase I do for someone..I only eat moon cake, with the brown skin & lean yong fillings, no egg yolk, no snow skin, no....just plain & the little piggy. You can give me in the plain brown wrapper ( in the past they packed that), that will do for me..no need fanciful box.

I do not know if they still make the 4 egg yolks type...looking at the catalogue above...it is not there. I have not been up to JB for quite a while...may go & do a recee...

I don't like the one's with the yolks. I prefer those with only the green bean or is it black bean:confused:

If I have time I'll go down to JB & pick some up. In Spore I would never buy it because it is just too expensive. This sentiment is shared shared by others in Spore because the buses going to JB are so crowded:(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't like the one's with the yolks. I prefer those with only the green bean or is it black bean:confused:

If I have time I'll go down to JB & pick some up. In Spore I would never buy it because it is just too expensive. This sentiment is shared shared by others in Spore because the buses going to JB are so crowded:(

I have not bought any Moon Cakes in Singapore for years...but if you gift me a box from here...I will gladly eat for free...to each his own, I never liked the green or black beans ones...but free..." beggars cannot be chooser"!!.. I prefer the plain ones with the brown skin...nothing else. There is one I really cannot stand..but there are people who like..the brown skin one with the watermelon seeds, sugared water melon, lard in lean yong....I usually read the Chinese Characters on the moon cake before cutting it open to eat...I don't want to end up with a "gotcha"!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, please visit JB soon and update us. Just curious if the stalls have started to fill up the atrium of City Square.

Season and Lavender are expensive compared to brands from other parts of Malaysia.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
What so nice eating moon cake.

Why not buy after the moon date is over.

I can get it for $10 a box and pretend it is moon cake day.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For me it's just something different. I don't usually see it being sold outside the moon cake festival.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Mooncakes should be eaten during mooncake season to commemorate the chink serfs turning on their mongol masters. It's payback after 150 years or so of being mongol bitches.

Too bad the same shit of starting a revolution through passing messages in mooncakes didn't work with the good white folk. It ended with the sacking of peking and the torching of that silly imperial garden.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
BS lah. Moon cake was for kids to warm tgem up in cool Autumn seasons and celebrate of making this type of cakes to eat throughout winters.

Wah lan eh. Tua sian tau lah you.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, please visit JB soon and update us. Just curious if the stalls have started to fill up the atrium of City Square.

Season and Lavender are expensive compared to brands from other parts of Malaysia.

As a matter of fact, I went to JB City Square this afternoon. The Mooncake festive mood is still not that apparent in the air. Save for some token displays of mooncakes at some upstairs shops selling cakes and swiss rolls, the atrium at ground floor is occupied by stalls and booths promoting some kiddie stuff.:biggrin:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a matter of fact, I went to JB City Square this afternoon. The Mooncake festive mood is still not that apparent in the air. Save for some token displays of mooncakes at some upstairs shops selling cakes and swiss rolls, the atrium at ground floor is occupied by stalls and booths promoting some kiddie stuff.:biggrin:

Thanks, bro. for the update.

Yeah, those upstairs are Season and Lavender. They have permanent shop spaces in the building, unlike those guerrillas at the atrium.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not so long ago, I did a cultural 'discovery' on different types of moon cakes by different dialects, back then, we have certain areas where certain dialect groups lived. I have tried, Teochew, Hokkien, Hainanese moon cakes...

The brown thick skin ones...are they only from the Cantonese...that I have not found out. The Teochew moon cakes, there is a Teo Chew confectionery shop, in which I had rediscovered recently, when I thought they had closed down near Telok Ayer MRT Station..

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hokkien no moon cakes no hokkien history culture eat mooncake.

Hokkien fly lanterns and eat ba chor mee in autumn.

Not so long ago, I did a cultural 'discovery' on different types of moon cakes by different dialects, back then, we have certain areas where certain dialect groups lived. I have tried, Teochew, Hokkien, Hainanese moon cakes...

The brown thick skin ones...are they only from the Cantonese...that I have not found out. The Teochew moon cakes, there is a Teo Chew confectionery shop, in which I had rediscovered recently, when I thought they had closed down near Telok Ayer MRT Station..

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only hong kong cantonese got mooncake. Their mooncake culture come from the cakes are shits from angmoh poo poo and dog poo poo.

They hated pommies can cum up w mooncake eat dog shits.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hokkien no moon cakes no hookien history eat mooncake.

Hokkien fly lanterns and eat ba chor mee in autumn.

Is it?....I have seen the Hokkien's buying those moon cakes, wrapped in paper from the shops during the moon cake festival. I go ask, the Hokkien Ah Sor near me...