• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why Chinese is "uncle", AMDK is "Sir !" ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have noticed this pattern. A 40-year old Chinese will be called "uncle" while a 50-year old AMDK will always be Sir.

WTF is wrong with our local culture ?

This is especially common in lower middle class eating places where the stalls or outlets are staffed by China Chinese, India kelings and Pina Pinoys.

Why Chinese like to whack own people and carry the balls of AMDK ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That's because Ang Mohs are superior compared to the Chinese.

However sinkies can take heart from the fact that their maids will call them "Sir" too.

At the end of the day we can't deny the fact that there is always a pecking order in any society.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speak for yourself. A 50 year old Chinese paying with his lowly centurion card will be called sir.

I have noticed this pattern. A 40-year old Chinese will be called "uncle" while a 50-year old AMDK will always be Sir.

This is especially common in lower middle class eating places where the stalls or outlets are staffed by China Chinese, India kelings and Pina Pinoys.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who calls Ang Mo sir? I only hear service staff call their customers "sir" which is common place all around the World. Even on Airlines local Ah Peks are addressed as Sir.

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to be contradicting yourself.