• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SQ parks its first Airbus 380, big mistake on their part

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]​SIA quietly parks its first A380[/h]

• 23 August, 2017
  • SOURCE: Flight Dashboard
  • BY: Greg Waldron
  • Singapore
Singapore Airlines (SIA) has parked the first Airbus A380 aircraft to enter commercial service.
Flight Fleets Analyzer shows that 9V-SKA has been parked since 10 June 2017. SIA confirms that the aircraft is "undergoing de-lease work before returning to the lessor."
The aircraft's last commercial service was SQ317, a London Heathrow-Singapore flight on 10 June. It is in a hangar at Singapore Changi Airport.
Fleets Analyzer shows that the lease expiry is on 12 October, at which point it will return to German aircraft investor Dr. Peters Group.
9V-SKA (MSN 3 - pictured below prior to delivery in 2007) became a part of aviation history on 25 October 2007, when it operated the world's first commercial A380 service on the Singapore-Sydney sector.
getasset.aspx

Airbus
A charity auction was held for seats on the highly-anticipated first flight, with 6,000 aviation enthusiasts bidding for 650 seats – half on the Singapore-Sydney leg, half on the flight back. A total of S$1.9 million ($1.3 million in October 2007 rates) was raised for charity, and the flight was widely covered in international media.
9V-SKA is equipped with 12 first class suites, a revolutionary innovation in 2007. It also seats 60 in business class, 36 in premium economy, and 333 in economy.
Fleets Analyzer indicates that SIA will return MSNs 3, 5, 8 and 10 to Dr. Peters by the end of next year. After the return of MSN 3, MSN 5 will follow in January 2018.
FlightGlobal understands that Dr. Peters has been considering parting out the first two A380s due to return from SIA, although it has not made a final decision.
A fifth early SIA A380, MSN 51, is owned by Hannover Leasing. Its lease is due to expire on 31 August 2020.
Of its remaining 15 A380s, SIA will submit 14 to retrofit work involving new seats. The number of suites will be halved to six from 12, and be relocated from the lower deck to the upper.
SIA also has orders for five additional examples. These will arrive between October 2017 and May 2018.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I wonder if Dr. Peters and Hannover leasing companies are in anyway like need to any Singaporeans or Singapore companies.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I wonder if Dr. Peters and Hannover leasing companies are in anyway like need to any Singaporeans or Singapore companies.

These 2 leasing companies are in big shit trouble, having invested in so many A380s. SIA is stuck now as the later batches of A380 were purchased and not leased, if I recall.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These 2 leasing companies are in big shit trouble, having invested in so many A380s. SIA is stuck now as the later batches of A380 were purchased and not leased, if I recall.

I flew in one...to HK, two years back on a holiday by SIA, sat in Upper Deck, is impressed with the A380.....

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the first one they ran off the taxiway? 400t ram pweight sank into the soft grass.

BTW don't need x 4 engines anymore.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this the first one they ran off the taxiway? 400t ram pweight sank into the soft grass.

BTW don't need x 4 engines anymore.
from
Actually I am quite impress with the Airbus A380...have flew in Boeing's before....one "shook, rattled & hum" flying through turbulence from Phuket to Singapore in Thai Airways a long time back...have flown in Airbus's through air turbulence...doesn't do the Boeing's "shake, rattle & hum"..

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A380 were bought to impress Kwa Geok Choo and Lee Kuan Yew during their twilight years.
It was a very bad business decision.
After enjoying A380, Kwa Geok Choo got second stroke and bed ridden for many years before she finally met her maker.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A380 were bought to impress Kwa Geok Choo and Lee Kuan Yew during their twilight years.
It was a very bad business decision.
After enjoying A380, Kwa Geok Choo got second stroke and bed ridden for many years before she finally met her maker.
wow, was that a great way to fly or what :confused:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A380 was launched in late 2007
KWA GEOK CHOO bed ridden in 2008 after suffering from second stroke

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
from
Actually I am quite impress with the Airbus A380...have flew in Boeing's before....one "shook, rattled & hum" flying through turbulence from Phuket to Singapore in Thai Airways a long time back...have flown in Airbus's through air turbulence...doesn't do the Boeing's "shake, rattle & hum"..

All Airbuses have a build in fatal flaw that Boeing does not have. I always prefer to fly a plane where the flight controls are in a yoke versus a joystick.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Airbuses have a build in fatal flaw that Boeing does not have. I always prefer to fly a plane where the flight controls are in a yoke versus a joystick.

sat in one airbus once and the feeling is not good……
boarding time is extra long because of hugh number of passengers,
when hit air pocket the plane really drop like a stone, scary
also when landing the tires really hits the ground HARD and LOUD because of the size and tremendous weight, a bit dangerous

just my 2 cents

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doesn't SIA typically sell off its aeroplanes after about 5 years so as to keep the age of their fleet young? If so, keeping the A380s for 10 years is already quite a long time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doesn't SIA typically sell off its aeroplanes after about 5 years so as to keep the age of their fleet young? If so, keeping the A380s for 10 years is already quite a long time.

sia doesn't own that fleet of early a380's. it's a 10-year lease.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey papsmear, how about parking your jumbo a369 in this angmo milf's hangar? she's a sugar mommy in santa clara.

IMG_0118.JPG

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Panggea [now closed down] owner once said his elite client had a A380 with a full sized swimming pool and basketball court inside.The Sinkie media proudly printed this garbage.

This is the sort of crap we have to read!.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Surely can be used for singapore to KL and jakarta?
that's what I thought too. and even for SIN-KUL leg. Just take out all the first class seats, leave a few business class seats and pack in the economy seats. Sure can fill the plane at $99 one way.