• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie Who Ignored Sugar Lee Leonard's Speech Face Sharia Justice! 6 Soda Cans A Day!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
kidney-170822-b1-noresize.jpg

Nothing beats the instant gratification provided by a can of chilled soft drink. However, the sheer amount of sugar in it can wreak havoc to our health over long-term consumption, and this poor man learnt it first hand. Source: Twitter According to China Press, a 58-year-old man from Singapore drank six cans of soft drinks every day without fail.

By 21, he was already diagnosed with diabetes, which ultimately led to a kidney failure. The former chef known as Lim, left school when he was only 12 and started working his way up in a restaurant to become a chef. Due to the intense temperature in the kitchen, he was always drenched in his own sweat.

To quench his thirst, he always opted for soft drinks instead of water. One can after another, he consumed a minimum six cans of soft drinks in a day. Although his mother and wife were both diabetic, their condition didn’t seem to deter him from consuming those sugary drinks. Besides, he used to stay out overnight and drink with his friends. Over the years, his unhealthy lifestyle have taken toll on his body.

During a medical check-up as part of the requirement for National Service, the doctor shockingly revealed that he has diabetes. It was hard for him to believe because he was only 21 at that time. Instead of taking the diagnostic as a wake-up call, he simply chucked away the medicine given by the doctor. “I thought diabetes was for elderly folks only, and since I was still young, I didn’t take my condition seriously,”

Lim said. After 19 years, Lim who was home alone one day, felt dizzy and vomited before passing out in the toilet. Luckily his younger brother came home and rushed him to the hospital. Shockingly, his blood sugar level was higher than the average person by three times! His kidney was also barely functioning at that time, which led to other diseases.

“Diabetes is a silent killer. It seemed like nothing at first, but it’ll slowly take away your vision and your limbs,” he said. He started going for dialysis at age 40, three times a week. At 43, his left leg was amputated because the bone was crumbling. “There’s nothing I can do after losing one leg. I had to resign and stay at home while relying on my elder sister to support me. If I knew this was going to happen, I would’ve taken good care of my health,” Lim said.

Read more at WOB: http://www.worldofbuzz.com/man-drank-6-sodas-day-diabetes-21-now-amputated-kidney-failure/

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Who Ignored Sugar Lee Leonard's Speech Face Sharia Justice! 6 Soda Cans A

If soft drinks are that bad why not ban it in schools polys and universities and SAF camps?

Or is it OK as long as you can pay eg COE,ERP ect2-so next will be sugar tax and all your cuppa coffee/tea/milo/kaya toast for breakfast will soon cost more.
Salt is bad for hypertension and salted food is the cause of some cancers -so is it going to be salt tax after that.
Is having a maid bad?-as there is already a maid tax(called levy!)
Fried food is also bad-so cooking oil tax!

End of day is it about taxes or about health?
Come on-can higher taxes make you healthy?

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Who Ignored Sugar Lee Leonard's Speech Face Sharia Justice! 6 Soda Cans A

End of day is it about taxes or about health?
Come on-can higher taxes make you healthy?

Do you want more tax on sugar or do you want more tax for your public health care? Don't be stupid! I say tax the sugar! In the old days, soft drinks is a treat reserved for Chinese new year eves.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I get diabetes..I will eat more sugar to speed up the process....and once have to get dialysis...just let it be n pass on. No point living when one does not have quality of life. Death is part life. Deal with it.

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal

He should just continue with his 6 cans of soda even now since that's his joy in life.