• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bloody fucking chow ah bengs and lians air pollution month again!

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the Cheena bengs out in full force to foul up the air again. As if having the haze not enough.

young bengs n lians don't really burnt joss papers.
only the older generation does that.
When they pass on, I don't think the younger generation is carrying forward these superstitions belief.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
young bengs n lians don't really burnt joss papers.
only the older generation does that.
When they pass on, I don't think the younger generation is carrying forward these superstitions belief.

On the contrary I see the burning this year as being more intense. And many young ones amongst them. The office types from those industrial estates. I just visited Ubi / Eunos area to run an errand and the entire place up in smoke.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mass burning only on the first day of Ghost Month and the last day. Between only at specific location only. Just bear with it if not move to Jakarta or KL for the time being.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see the unusually big smoke out this year as the Taoist bengs asserting their rights as why Lky ever said.
Mozzies getting too much press recently so the bengs wants to hog the limelight by smoking out everyone

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary I see the burning this year as being more intense. And many young ones amongst them. The office types from those industrial estates. I just visited Ubi / Eunos area to run an errand and the entire place up in smoke.

the young joins in only as it is organized by the company. On their own I don't think they will buy a few boxes of joss papers from Sheng Shiong and start burning at the void deck.

Talking about this, I saw my neighbor burning at the corridor just outside her flat. The smoke was quite intense. However the smoke alarm at the upgraded lift landing did not activated. funny.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the young joins in only as it is organized by the company. On their own I don't think they will buy a few boxes of joss papers from Sheng Shiong and start burning at the void deck.

Talking about this, I saw my neighbor burning at the corridor just outside her flat. The smoke was quite intense. However the smoke alarm at the upgraded lift landing did not activated. funny.

What I used to do was to call the fire bridge on them saying there was a fire.
A major push factor of moving out of the Heartlands was this paper brining pollution.

yblzh

Alfrescian
Loyal
HUAT AH!

Love 7th month!

Lots of good food and entertainment and drinking.

Lots of Koo Tai stage performance.

Lots of incense & candles and my favorite HUAT KUAY

49.jpg

1311315723517.jpg

1454227026_1454226787_1.jpg

Lots of exciting AUCTIONS:

HUAT AH!

2.jpg

U401P4T426D242264F16470DT20130904090508.jpg

yblzh

Alfrescian
Loyal
7th month makes Asia lives. Makes people feel Asia Alive. Makes Asia very different from West.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
7th month is for ghost of of lky go host of jesus, ghost buddha, Confucius ghost, mossie ghost, to come out to feed every once a year.

Even ah neh gandhi ghost and devan Nair ghost also flock here to feed.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you see these people burning at the roadside, you will realise why the 70% voted the way they did and why the attempt to be a smart nation will not work-
Claim to have world class schools, universities but still have so many young people burning papers on the roadside!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see the unusually big smoke out this year as the Taoist bengs asserting their rights as why Lky ever said.

It's just a stupid centuries-old superstitious practice that should have been eradicated a long time ago. We're already in the 21st century. All bets are off that the bulk of them belong to the 70% slaves.

This has nothing to do with true Taoism, or the way of the Dao. Never in the teachings of Laozi or Zhuangzi do you read about burning joss paper.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They have very advance smoke alarm...it can differentiate between, ordinary smoke, to the 7th Month Smoke....

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just a stupid centuries-old superstitious practice that should have been eradicated a long time ago. We're already in the 21st century. All bets are off that the bulk of them belong to the 70% slaves.

This has nothing to do with true Taoism, or the way of the Dao. Never in the teachings of Laozi or Zhuangzi do you read about burning joss paper.

I always wonder why the govt census classify paper burning practitioners as taoists. If you asked anyone of them in Chinese very very few would say they practise 道 Dao or 道教 Dao Jiao. Most would say they pray to ancestors or generally pray to 'gods'.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HUAT AH!

Love 7th month!

Lots of good food and entertainment and drinking.

Lots of Koo Tai stage performance.

Lots of incense & candles and my favorite HUAT KUAY

49.jpg

1311315723517.jpg

1454227026_1454226787_1.jpg

Lots of exciting AUCTIONS:

HUAT AH!

2.jpg

U401P4T426D242264F16470DT20130904090508.jpg

Hey where the photos of the sexy getai performers?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always wonder why the govt census classify paper burning practitioners as taoists. If you asked anyone of them in Chinese very very few would say they practise 道 Dao or 道教 Dao Jiao. Most would say they pray to ancestors or generally pray to 'gods'.

Pray to ancestors n pray to Gods is a Taoist way...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing, year after year...I try to understand...why can't the burning, be a collective thing? say for example, in a precinct..those who believe in such things....in a furnace, collectively burn in one place?. TC place metal drums burners all over the place...yet, year after year...you see people, singularly on their own....burn at the side, with their offerings littering the place....even under people's windows...with the cinder blown by the wind drifting...sometimes into people's home...that can cause a fire!.

Why can't these people....collectively contribute to a collective fund & burn at one location in a precinct? One thing I give credit to is, the TC these days, do a admirable job of cleaning up....On the 1st day of the seventh month....these people started burning whatever all over the place, scattering offerings, incense papers, candles etc...all over the place....next day, the TC cleaned them all up....that's a marvel...in normal years...weeks after the burnings....you still have to wade through scattered incense papers, joss sticks remnants sticking out of the grass, melted wax, half burnt candles...food offerings etc...recently, they all were cleaned up.

Why question is still...why can't the people, get together & BURN THEIR OFFERINGS, OFFER & PRAY, all in one PLACE, rather than in every nook & crannies, on top of I.C.'s.... all over the place??