• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Unscrupulous Dentist

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be wise. Always get a second opinion before you allow yourself to go for major surgery or major checks.

I do polishing and scaling once every six months and will go back to my regular dentist and hear what he says abt that gum and molar.

where got so eng and boliao to visit so many dentists for opinions? i only visit a pinay dentist every 6.9 months because she keeps all my dental records for the last 6.9 years. and dental insurance pays the bills, thus she will only recommend visits and procedures within the annual coverage. the only extra work done so far with her referral is a visit to a dental surgeon who specializes in extracting wisdom teeth, especially those impacting other molars. $6.9k but only 69% covered by insurance.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont bluff, u visit her brcos she refused to return ur dentures after u 69 her. Make u pay for new refurbished sets, next time dont alabone her ok

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont bluff, u visit her brcos she refused to return ur dentures after u 69 her. Make u pay for new refurbished sets, next time dont alabone her ok

i prefer one of her patients, the one who shows up every 6.9 months when i'm there for an intimate teeth cleaning.

IMG_0092.JPG

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
where got so eng and boliao to visit so many dentists for opinions? i only visit a pinay dentist every 6.9 months because she keeps all my dental records for the last 6.9 years. and dental insurance pays the bills, thus she will only recommend visits and procedures within the annual coverage. the only extra work done so far with her referral is a visit to a dental surgeon who specializes in extracting wisdom teeth, especially those impacting other molars. $6.9k but only 69% covered by insurance.

Busyness emboldens these unscrupulous doctors. SG medical care is so twisted, I will not allow myself to go for major treatment or surgery without getting a second opinion

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good oral hygiene is important. Same as good health.

But the issue here is dentist scruples not dental health

Things in Spore must be difficult even for dentists if they have to squeeze $ from their customers.
I vote with my feet & go where it is cheaper i.e. To a Dentist in Thailand

These steps have so far worked for me. Usually The polishing is all I need. However I once did need to have a filling done . It is so cheap in Thailand that I always visit a Dentist whenever I am there & thereby avoid more serious problems.

People are already going there for shopping, might as well include visiting a Dentist, an optometrist, getting haircuts, ... etc

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things in Spore must be difficult even for dentists if they have to squeeze $ from their customers.
I vote with my feet & go where it is cheaper i.e. To a Dentist in Thailand

These steps have so far worked for me. Usually The polishing is all I need. However I once did need to have a filling done . It is so cheap in Thailand that I always visit a Dentist whenever I am there & thereby avoid more serious problems.

People are already going there for shopping, might as well include visiting a Dentist, an optometrist, getting haircuts, ... etc

good for you.

I went to JB's City Square and got my specs at 30% of the SG price.

SG is dying

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good for you.

I went to JB's City Square and got my specs at 30% of the SG price.

SG is dying

If you get spectacles from Thailand you are entitled to a VAT refund from some shops if the cost is $$$. I forget the actual figure but the pair I bought was about $800+.

The cost was high because I got Hoya, multi coated, high index, .... lenses with titanium frames.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Stop arguing, complaining, whinging and whining. You can't change things so the trick is to circumvent what you don't like. I've been doing that for the last 20 years and it has made me a much happier person.

If you want dental treatment go to Dr Sunil. He'll pick you up from the airport, take you to your hotel, pick you up for your appointment, take you back to hotel and then back to the airport when treatment is over.

If you do the Maths you'll find yourself saving at least 40% for crowns, root canal work etc even if you include the price of the return ticket.

http://www.drsunildental.com/

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you get spectacles from Thailand you are entitled to a VAT refund from some shops if the cost is $$$. I forget the actual figure but the pair I bought was about $800+.

The cost was high because I got Hoya, multi coated, high index, .... lenses with titanium frames.

good point.

but i dont go all out to get the best bargain. going all out requires time and flying. so whenever i go to JB, i do the necessary

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop arguing, complaining, whinging and whining. You can't change things so the trick is to circumvent what you don't like. I've been doing that for the last 20 years and it has made me a much happier person.

If you want dental treatment go to Dr Sunil. He'll pick you up from the airport, take you to your hotel, pick you up for your appointment, take you back to hotel and then back to the airport when treatment is over.

If you do the Maths you'll find yourself saving at least 40% for crowns, root canal work etc even if you include the price of the return ticket.

not arguing, whining or complaining.

But here just to share experiences and the truths.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

is it safe to seek treatment from Dr Sunil ?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone here remembers the case of the doctor from Mariam Clinic who was accused of molesting a female patient?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just returned from a visit to a dentist for scaling and polishing. My gum and teeth are perfectly fine. He tried to alarm me by sounding distressed and told me that I am in danger of losing one of my molar. He firmly said that he needs to carry out more checks and that will cost me abt $1000.

I told him that my teeth are fine and I dont want to go for more checks. He tried to scare me by saying that if anything happens to my tooth, he will not be liable. I assured him that I just wanted my teeth scaled and polished and will not hold him liable for anything.

From a $90 apptmt, he tried to fleece $1000 from me by trying to scare me.

What has happened to honest health care practitioners?

He reminds me of Dr Ang Peng Tiam

I went for a second opinion for my dental health this afternoon. This 2nd dentist assured me that my gum and teeth are in good condition.

Shd I confront the unscrupulous dentist?

creampie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went for a second opinion for my dental health this afternoon. This 2nd dentist assured me that my gum and teeth are in good condition.

Another reason why dentists and doctors ask you to go for unneccessary invasive diagnostic procedures is to gain experience. There seems to be a lack of placing patients interests first and doctors seem to treat patients like guinea pigs to gain experience and get paid at the same time.

This is the failure of our medical system. Too many ambitious doctors trying to make a name for themselves

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your redress should be Singapore Dental Association (Society of Periodontology).....

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another reason why dentists and doctors ask you to go for unneccessary invasive diagnostic procedures is to gain experience. There seems to be a lack of placing patients interests first and doctors seem to treat patients like guinea pigs to gain experience and get paid at the same time.

This is the failure of our medical system. Too many ambitious doctors trying to make a name for themselves

Yes, the dentists need guinea pigs to let them do their practices. And we pay them to practice on our mouths