• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat A sad day for the Malays, a day that will be forever be etched in our history

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think anyone especially the Malays thought it will come to this. By the end of September this year, Singapore will have the 3rd President who is ethically tied to the Indian subcontinent.

Are the Malays so incapable that they can't even do dignity to a post that is largely ceremonial and a post that is supposed bring the various communities together. And the Malays as a race are famous for sharing their food and culture.

Who are those in the Malay community that betrayed their community and allowed this tragedy.

Even if the Malays are so magnanimous in openly allowing non Malays to be considered a member of a Malay community surely that are more capable and better recognised members of the Malay community of mixed heritage that can do the role proud.

Halimah Yaacob despite her over 30 years in NTUC whose symbiotic relations with the PAP is well known has not shown an iota of leadership or displayed a modicum of charisma even to be an emcee at a Children's party. And we are going to put out this person as the show piece of this nation.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
While sinkies may laugh and jeer, this is certainly not a joke for our good m&d community. Anyone who is a muslim, speaks melayu, eat melayu and dress melayu, is a m&d. Even a nigger or a chink can be a m&d. Our first lady is a good example. She is biologically chink by birth but changed her ethnicity to m&d. So why can't Halimah do the same?

Besides, there's no benefit being a keling in this part of the world. Hinduism is not the predominant religion around here.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think anyone especially the Malays thought it will come to this. By the end of September this year, Singapore will have the 3rd President who is ethically tied to the Indian subcontinent.

Are the Malays so incapable that they can't even do dignity to a post that is largely ceremonial and a post that is supposed bring the various communities together. And the Malays as a race are famous for sharing their food and culture.

Who are those in the Malay community that betrayed their community and allowed this tragedy.

Even if the Malays are so magnanimous in openly allowing non Malays to be considered a member of a Malay community surely that are more capable and better recognised members of the Malay community of mixed heritage that can do the role proud.

Halimah Yaacob despite her over 30 years in NTUC whose symbiotic relations with the PAP is well known has not shown an iota of leadership or displayed a modicum of charisma even to be an emcee at a Children's party. And we are going to put out this person as the show piece of this nation.

Seriously, Nathan is starting to look good.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Bro,
Please illuminate us, what the fuck was Pukimah doing as the Union's golden maid?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is really difficult for a Chinese to believe that among my Malay brothers and sisters there is no one good enough to stand as a candidate and must have an Indian to represent the Malays.

A terrible insult to all true blue Malays.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
While sinkies may laugh and jeer, this is certainly not a joke for our good m&d community. Anyone who is a muslim, speaks melayu, eat melayu and dress melayu, is a m&d. Even a nigger or a chink can be a m&d. Our first lady is a good example. She is biologically chink by birth but changed her ethnicity to m&d. So why can't Halimah do the same?

Besides, there's no benefit being a keling in this part of the world. Hinduism is not the predominant religion around here.

Good for your wife who will face Sharia Law.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch the prostitute press who are just as guilty as the people behind this. They will as the Americans would say - they will go the full hog to pretty the pig.

If this country ever recovers and are in good hands the everyone in the state controlled press will face treason charges.

Bro u got try writing to the straits times forum?

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will trust her if she can have the ability to remove Ho Jinx.

Otherwise she remains merely a kampong Machik in my sight.....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the Malays do not realise is that the Singapore Chinese many of whom do not believe in a race based EP certainly do not want to see what has been reserved for the Malays taken over by a mixed heritage Indian, mindful that we already had 2 terms of a full-blown Indian who had walk-overs twice. I am sure our Indian brothers feel the same as we are giving away meritocracy for this sideshow.

The Malay community and Malay community leaders might have accepted the lose definition of a Malay within their own community but that is a separate issue altogether. The Malay community leaders have to take a deep breath, speak among themselves and decide how they are going to square this away with the Chinese, Indian and Eurasian Singaporeans who have been a part of their lives for nearly 2 centuries.

And to you your point, there are far more capable people within the lose definition of a Malay that would bring pride to their community and to the rest of Singaporeans rather than this person given the EP opportunity. Now we have a short arsed mixed heritage Indian accompanied by her odd sized Arab husband plus the reviewing of the guard of honour and the state controlled press photographers and cameramen ordered to go low to get the angle right for presentation. Even 5 star hotels to look majestic (note the term majestic as in head of state) has a tall Sikh at the front doors to welcome its guest. If she was top of her vocation, made her mark in a field that is universally recognised, that would cover any physical shortcomings but she does not even have single accomplishment to her name except winning Her World's Woman of the Year in 2011.

Why must all pubic institutions need to be filed by ex-PAP sycophants who depended on the largesse of their PAP leadership. I am sure if Yaacob resigning and standing as EP would be more palatable especially now that we have Masagoes who is now a full minister.

It is really difficult for a Chinese to believe that among my Malay brothers and sisters there is no one good enough to stand as a candidate and must have an Indian to represent the Malays.

A terrible insult to all true blue Malays.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we have a short arsed mixed heritage Indian accompanied by her odd sized Arab husband

this buggers name is al-habshee…..means nigger, loosely speaking in urdu…..name given to african and abyssinian slaves.

awesome. the chigger will have a field day with this.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U know what if I am optimistic I will think of it this way - no true blood Malay will lower himself to be appointed a puppet.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There are many questions asked. Why not a true blue Malay for EP? Can they not find a true blue Malay for the post?

Well as usual sinkies love to kpkb. Criticize. But no suggestions. Nobody has given any viable alternatives that fit their agenda of a true blue Malay for EP. Who?

Perhaps the reality is there are NO true blue Malays who qualify! I can think of none frankly. Even for Chinese candidate also hard to think of suitable one besides maybe and a big maybe TCB.

Otherwise please put in some suggested names. And we can critique.

As I have written before they basically approached Halimah and said give you this $2.6 million a year job want or not? Do nothing just keep quiet shake hand. We say yes you say yes. We say you say no. Same like what you have been doing. Shake hands smile smile wave wave more. Higher profile a lot more money.

Which of you sinkies won't take it? I would if I was in the same shoes. Bear in mind it is not like if she say no it would benefit her or anyone more ok?

Take the money lah!

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U call our EP Halimah a m&d?