• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Babu Singh Towkay Biting The Hand That Fed Him?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
78f02c340805d3374182c94bf6f0396c

Former Member of Parliament Inderjit Singh said that some Singaporeans have expressed concerns on the prospects of a current MP resigning to run in the upcoming presidential election (PE).

While Inderjit said that the Constitution allows for a sitting government politician to stand in a PE, the “spirit of the Elected President is independence of office as intended by Mr Lee Kuan Yew when the idea was mooted”.

Inderjit did not mention any MP’s name in his post on his Facebook page on Friday (28 July). His comments come after Yahoo News Singapore reported on Thursday that sources said Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob, who is also MP for Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC, is planning to run in the upcoming presidential election in September, which is reserved for Malay candidates. Two other potential presidential candidates, Salleh Marican and Farid Khan, are not sitting MPs.

Inderjit, who was formerly MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, said public perception on the issue is important. “While Mr Ong Teng Cheong also did the same in (the) 1993 (presidential election), I sense people are increasingly uncomfortable with this,” said Inderjit, who is an entrepreneur.

On the debate as to who Singapore’s first elected president was, Inderjit said the policy makers could have avoided the question if they had paid more attention on the issue. The Constitution could have specified that the number of consecutive presidential terms during which there is no president from a particular community is five instead of six before a reserved election is triggered, he said.

Former presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock had filed a constitutional challenge against the timing of the upcoming election, which was dismissed by the High Court on 7 July. Tan had filed an appeal against the ruling and will know the outcome on Monday.

Tan had questioned the advice given by the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) to the government that the first term of the elected presidency began with President Wee Kim Wee. Tan said the AGC should have counted the five most recent presidential terms produced by open elections, starting with President Ong Teng Cheong.

Inderjit also highlighted the concept of “Malayness” as a debatable issue. He said, “It is critical that the leaders of the Malay community and the government come out and make this position clear and hopefully this position will apply to all aspects of life in Singapore.”

The former MP also said that it is important that Singapore has enough qualified Malays who meet the “very stringent requirements” set in the Constitution to run in the PE. He added that it would be a pity if there are not enough qualified Malay candidates to choose from for the first ever reserved PE.

Inderjit hopes the issues that he has highlighted will be addressed before the PE’s formal process begins.

He said, “As the Head of State, the President of Singapore holds the highest office and he or she must get the full respect of all Singaporeans…And once our President has been elected, let’s all show respect for the President of Singapore and stand united as Singaporeans.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-mp-ind...ing-mp-resigning-run-president-101512137.html

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
He wants to be next Indian President. Hmmm is Singh considered Indian? Thought they are different? Maybe have to evaluate Indian-ness. Like Shan might say he is more Indian than Inderjit.

$2.6 million a year lottery for 4 years not bad leh. Just go around shake hands smile smile wave wave. Absolutely NO responsibilities or serious decisions to make either.

No need any brain power.

Seriously the only way I would take on Singapore citizenship again is if they offer me the President post. I will go back for 4 years, smile smile wave wave, shake shake collect my money then renounce again.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He wants to be next Indian President. Hmmm is Singh considered Indian? Thought they are different? Maybe have to evaluate Indian-ness. Like Shan might say he is more Indian than Inderjit.

$2.6 million a year lottery for 4 years not bad leh. Just go around shake hands smile smile wave wave. Absolutely NO responsibilities or serious decisions to make either.

No need any brain power.

I prefer this sort of keling. He's "Sino-ized" and doesn't stink of that coconut oil.

5f05f680-4327-11e5-bcf0-676db2ac9f44_AMK-David.png

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I prefer this sort of keling. He's "Sino-ized" and doesn't stink of that coconut oil.

5f05f680-4327-11e5-bcf0-676db2ac9f44_AMK-David.png

He is not Indian lah. He is mixed. When it comes to the Singapore President post you have to scrutinize using your MOST RACIST views as possible.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is not Indian lah. He is mixed. When it comes to the Singapore President post you have to scrutinize using your MOST RACIST views as possible.

He is keling. He stood for elections in AMK GRC as the keling candidate, not the mongrel.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need any brain power.

Seriously the only way I would take on Singapore citizenship again is if they offer me the President post. I will go back for 4 years, smile smile wave wave, shake shake collect my money then renounce again.

Babu step-down and want to become another TCB.

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy really puzzles me. He is a dyed in the wool typical PAP member for most of his life. He has benefited generously from his association with the PM, being in his constituency. Yes, he does take jabs at policies now and than from the sidelines but gets away with it, almost like its been staged to create some drama, a sort of all sound and fury but no impact. I suspect he was hoping for some minister position which never came along and his gentle jabbing against some policies is perhaps a mini tantrum, a reaction to this "oversight". I think the PM prefers the black south Indian Ah Neh dogs as they are easier to keep on a tight leach, so he has been left out. His speeches and postings are the sort that get some attention but essentially not rocking the boat too much. If you look his long association with the PAP and how he used to "angkat" the boss in the better days, his words all seem so out of character. As some said , maybe he is positioning himself to be a President candidate some day? Indian turn coming next round if I'm not wrong. You know...., create the aura and show the public that he is his own man, so when time comes along, he can pull up these comments he has made to show that he is not another Tont Tan orHalimah, more a OTC but being careful to not make the mistake that TCB has made. Devious.

78f02c340805d3374182c94bf6f0396c

Former Member of Parliament Inderjit Singh said that some Singaporeans have expressed concerns on the prospects of a current MP resigning to run in the upcoming presidential election (PE).

While Inderjit said that the Constitution allows for a sitting government politician to stand in a PE, the “spirit of the Elected President is independence of office as intended by Mr Lee Kuan Yew when the idea was mooted”.

Inderjit did not mention any MP’s name in his post on his Facebook page on Friday (28 July). His comments come after Yahoo News Singapore reported on Thursday that sources said Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob, who is also MP for Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC, is planning to run in the upcoming presidential election in September, which is reserved for Malay candidates. Two other potential presidential candidates, Salleh Marican and Farid Khan, are not sitting MPs.

Inderjit, who was formerly MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, said public perception on the issue is important. “While Mr Ong Teng Cheong also did the same in (the) 1993 (presidential election), I sense people are increasingly uncomfortable with this,” said Inderjit, who is an entrepreneur.

On the debate as to who Singapore’s first elected president was, Inderjit said the policy makers could have avoided the question if they had paid more attention on the issue. The Constitution could have specified that the number of consecutive presidential terms during which there is no president from a particular community is five instead of six before a reserved election is triggered, he said.

Former presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock had filed a constitutional challenge against the timing of the upcoming election, which was dismissed by the High Court on 7 July. Tan had filed an appeal against the ruling and will know the outcome on Monday.

Tan had questioned the advice given by the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) to the government that the first term of the elected presidency began with President Wee Kim Wee. Tan said the AGC should have counted the five most recent presidential terms produced by open elections, starting with President Ong Teng Cheong.

Inderjit also highlighted the concept of “Malayness” as a debatable issue. He said, “It is critical that the leaders of the Malay community and the government come out and make this position clear and hopefully this position will apply to all aspects of life in Singapore.”

The former MP also said that it is important that Singapore has enough qualified Malays who meet the “very stringent requirements” set in the Constitution to run in the PE. He added that it would be a pity if there are not enough qualified Malay candidates to choose from for the first ever reserved PE.

Inderjit hopes the issues that he has highlighted will be addressed before the PE’s formal process begins.

He said, “As the Head of State, the President of Singapore holds the highest office and he or she must get the full respect of all Singaporeans…And once our President has been elected, let’s all show respect for the President of Singapore and stand united as Singaporeans.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-mp-ind...ing-mp-resigning-run-president-101512137.html

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is different. He is a protege of former PAP MP Yeo Choo Kok who was the former Director of Student Affairs at NTU. When NTU was first setup, Yeo began recruiting potential PAP and at the time engineering was top of mind. The first few intakes of NTU were Engineering students. It also used to hope the Asean scholars. Yeo recruited Sinnakaruppan, NTU's first Students Union President, Inderjit, first chairman of the Student council and also Lee Bee Wah. Yeo outlook was to avoid the elites and he went for those who were born outside but became Singaporeans. Inderjit was born in India but a Singapore citizen.

These guys tend to fight for the less capable but people like Lee Bee was forgot her roots. Yeo by the way died a poor man in 3 rm HDB flat.

This guy really puzzles me. He is a dyed in the wool typical PAP member for most of his life. He has benefited generously from his association with the PM, being in his constituency. Yes, he does take jabs at policies now and than from the sidelines but gets away with it, almost like its been staged to create some drama, a sort of all sound and fury but no impact. I suspect he was hoping for some minister position which never came along and his gentle jabbing against some policies is perhaps a mini tantrum, a reaction to this "oversight". I think the PM prefers the black south Indian Ah Neh dogs as they are easier to keep on a tight leach, so he has been left out. His speeches and postings are the sort that get some attention but essentially not rocking the boat too much. If you look his long association with the PAP and how he used to "angkat" the boss in the better days, his words all seem so out of character. As some said , maybe he is positioning himself to be a President candidate some day? Indian turn coming next round if I'm not wrong. You know...., create the aura and show the public that he is his own man, so when time comes along, he can pull up these comments he has made to show that he is not another Tont Tan orHalimah, more a OTC but being careful to not make the mistake that TCB has made. Devious.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He was a guy still struggling with conscience between being righteousness and serving his corrupted boss. I find his criticism didn't punch beyond WP's or SDP's level and his serving as PM's lawyer to bankrupt his boss opposition is pissing by many. He is just being neutral but I hope to see him doing more (now that he is out of his party) for the people before his passing. At least people now still remember Ong Teng Cheong for his positive legacy in during the later stage of his life.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although he has been paid not to understand, he insists on understanding. This is the type of people the country needs.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
who will
respect a tudung wearing pundek who now claims to be a melayu n neverr had bothered abt all sgians nor did any charity given the indecent pay n bonuses she has been getting all these years, a lousy 3 rd rate lawyer who started lowlife as CASE lawyer who wrote lousy letters for a living wannabee Prez,,,,,,,,,,,,, must hv ISIS support

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I agree, but the point I was making is that is it genuine? If so, well and good, However it's difficult to know for sure unless one knows him personally. Probably no one here does sufficiently to vouch for him. Imagine if people like VB and Chang heng Chee et al had not been elevated to where they are today, they would probably still be government critics. Today, they sing from the same song sheet and this bayi probably would have done the same if he was at least made some Minister of Sate or something at least. He is smart guy, a lot better and smarter than the lot of the rubbish we have today, and a minority to boot. So why was he not inducted into the fold?

Although he has been paid not to understand, he insists on understanding. This is the type of people the country needs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you recall the white paper discussion and after his scathing speech he walked out when it was time to vote. It was common knowledge tat he lost faith with the party.

Yes I agree, but the point I was making is that is it genuine? If so, well and good, However it's difficult to know for sure unless one knows him personally. Probably no one here does sufficiently to vouch for him. Imagine if people like VB and Chang heng Chee et al had not been elevated to where they are today, they would probably still be government critics. Today, they sing from the same song sheet and this bayi probably would have done the same if he was at least made some Minister of Sate or something at least. He is smart guy, a lot better and smarter than the lot of the rubbish we have today, and a minority to boot. So why was he not inducted into the fold?