• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Ownself sue ownself. AHTC sues WP! Is WP finished?

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The names for the panel was submitted by WP. Philip lost his Justiceship after his ruling on by elections.

It was created because Sylvia cannot initiate litigation against herself. It was the only way out of a sticky situation. The issues need to be ventilated at a minimum in a court of law or in front of a arbitration panel. The target is obviously FMSS.

It is novel to us because PAP does not apply the same standard to itself. Eg, HC representing PMO. And the we used to the PAP and took it as the norm.
I have long suggested AHTC filed a police report against themselves or get someone to do so from onset of this saga. Let the CAD and CPIB investigate and deny PAP the ammo if the authority didn't find any wrongdoing.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's really a good suggestion. It would have taken the sting out of all these things as the burden of proof is higher. And it would have taken wind out of Shanmugam's constant insinuation sail long time ago.

I have long suggested AHTC filed a police report against themselves or get someone to do so from onset of this saga. Let the CAD and CPIB investigate and deny PAP the ammo if the authority didn't find any wrongdoing.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everything also report police. From family disputes to noisy neighbors, parking offence to sex offence, Silver Lim should know not to abuse the call police option like you suggest. Say sorry and ownself clear ownself is the Singapore way.

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal

You think cpib n cad really independent?? The bosses there will be doing watever they can to help to make sure they can find something to charge wp

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there an iota of a case, the PAP would have called in CPIB, IRAS, etc real quick.

You think cpib n cad really independent?? The bosses there will be doing watever they can to help to make sure they can find something to charge wp

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

My understanding is that if anyone files a police report against somebody else and publicises it, he can be sued for defamation under the grounds of insinuating the the other party is guilty of criminal conduct. There is a legal precedence for this.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, no wonder i read his reply until i mong cha cha. He was referring to Pillai.

it requires the community to spot errors and call out the shit. so many gongcheebyes here have been duped by his fake news that they can't tell whether it's half-baked, baked, or fake. just be wary of those who gather a lot of fake news and dish out the same unfiltered shit.

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am one of the gongkias mentioned. After so many rounds still no ending and I still unable to grasp the real nature of the issue! I believe most of the 70% are like me. Who is right?

I don't think they even grasped the nature of this thread. Not sure if they are worldly in the first instance to see what goes on elsewhere.

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.wp.sg/wp-town-councillor...-interests-of-residents-will-contest-lawsuit/

1. We confirm that we have received the Statement of Claim filed by the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council against us individually.

2. We have engaged M/s Tan Rajah and Cheah to defend the claim for the 1st to 5th Defendants.

3. In the suit against us, amongst other things, it is alleged that:

(a) We have acted in breach of our fiduciary duties and duties of care and skill owed to AHTC.

(b) We set up a faulty system which allowed the appointment of FMSS and made it possible for FMSS and/or their officers to benefit themselves.

(c) We entered into contracts with architects in breach of duties owed to AHTC.

4. Our reply to all these allegations is NO.

5. We are taking legal advice and will contest the lawsuit and lay out our case vigorously in court.

6. We wish to make the following points:

(a) Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim have been asked to give an account of profits made from the appointment of FMSS or pay damages not less than $1.25 million. We have not benefitted a single cent.

(b) Sylvia Lim and Pritam Singh have been asked to pay damages of $2.8 million for the wrongful appointment of architects.

(c) The WP MPs have acted in good faith and in the best interests of the Town Council and our residents.

(d) In the course of these proceedings, we will be furnishing more information so that all concerned will be clearer on the issues and why we made the decisions and acted as we did.

Low Thia Khiang
Sylvia Lim
Pritam Singh

26 July 2017

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap accusation of WP are based on very hollow logic and would just keep barking just to create sensational headlines in the press to perhaps fool the gullible.

Recent audit report that suggest possible criminal liability on the part of AHTC is one such example. It been months and where is the police action? Fact is PAP won't dare to file a police report against WP because their plot will fall apart if police didn't uncovered any wrongdoing. If WP is confident why not bring the game to pap by filing a report against themselves?

If this lawsuit is filed by WP as some suggested, then it a good move. Else it could just be another move by pap to keep WP occupy all the way till next GE.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that WP challenged the Govt to lodge a Police report.

Pap accusation of WP are based on very hollow logic and would just keep barking just to create sensational headlines in the press to perhaps fool the gullible.

Recent audit report that suggest possible criminal liability on the part of AHTC is one such example. It been months and where is the police action? Fact is PAP won't dare to file a police report against WP because their plot will fall apart if police didn't uncovered any wrongdoing. If WP is confident why not bring the game to pap by filing a report against themselves?

If this lawsuit is filed by WP as some suggested, then it a good move. Else it could just be another move by pap to keep WP occupy all the way till next GE.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that WP challenged the Govt to lodge a Police report.

That will be the end of the game for pap if they took the bait.

As of now no pap minister or ministry says anything on the latest development. What we get are all the statements from WP. Hence it very likely the lawsuit was initiated by wp themselves.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The WP fools are trying to claim moral higher ground by using the term "WP MPs have acted in good faith". Unfortunately, good faith is open to interpretation. Looks like these duds are trying to find some mitigating factors.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
The WP fools are trying to claim moral higher ground by using the term "WP MPs have acted in good faith". Unfortunately, good faith is open to interpretation. Looks like these duds are trying to find some mitigating factors.

as if papigs made not mistake n no cover ups''
dun give me the holier than thou shit

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coffeeshop talk is that this is PAP's way of replying to LTK's mocking of LHL in Parliament for not suing LHY. With so much of negative feedback against PAP eg LHY's family feud, Loyang flyover tragedy involving a grassroots leader, MRT breakdowns, the PAP needed a diversion and the AHTC is perfect.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Statement of Claim:

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...im-against-its-town-councillors-full-document

and right on cue....

ScreenShot2017-07-28at11.03.15PM.png

Last edited: