• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Slow Coach Quah Gets Eliminated From Semis! Time To Dump His Sorry Ass?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
quahzhengwen.jpg

BUDAPEST - National swimmer Quah Zheng Wen narrowly missed out on a semi-final spot at the swimming World Championships for the second straight day after he finished 18th overall in the 200m butterfly heats on Tuesday (July 25).

The 20-year-old clocked 1min 56.76sec in heat three at Budapest's Danube Arena and was 0.05sec outside the top 16 times required to advance to the semi-finals later the same day.

Brazil's Leonardo De Deus was the final qualifier with a time of 1:56.71.

Quah, whose personal best is 1:56.01, set at last year's Rio Olympics, when he came within 0.08sec of making the 200m fly final, said after his race: "I am disappointed especially to miss out on the semis. I was expecting to do well and my target was to make top 16 from the heats.

"There is nothing more I can do but to forget about what has happened. I still have three events and I am sure I will learn from this and will get better in the next few days."

Over the final lap, he had taken a quick glance to see where his rivals were and felt confident that he was on track to finish third in his heats. He finished fifth.

"I don't think it did cost me the race. In terms of execution of the race, it was how I wanted it to be. My splits were good but I just didn't get it right at the end.

"I felt quite strong the whole way through. I feel like I could have gone harder.

"Was surprised I finished fifth in my heats. I looked underwater and had a pretty good idea of where I was in the race.

"I was gunning to be among the top three.

"I wasn't saving myself, definitely feeling strong the whole race. But I still have a little bit more left. It wasn't a conscious effort to slow down or anything."

Quah had finished 18th in the 100m backstroke event on Monday.

He competed at the 2015 edition in Kazan, Russia but did not progress from the heats in any of his events. Then, he swam in the 50m back (20th overall), 100m back (21st), 100m freestyle (39th) and 200m butterfly (21st).

In Hungary, the two-time Olympian has a packed schedule. Besides the 100m back and 200m fly, he will compete in the 50m and 200m back and 100m fly.

Team-mate Joseph Schooling, who finished fifth in the 50m fly final on Monday, will next compete in the 100m freestyle (Wednesday) and 100m fly (Friday), his pet event in which he won Olympic gold last year. The 22-year-old has withdrawn from the 200m fly to focus on his remaining events.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/s...-wen-who-misses-out-on-semis-spot-in-200m-fly

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Quah did not have the benefit of rich parents who send him to the US to be trained by the best swimming coaches in the world and to compete with elite competition, and also to avoid NS. Quah had to train here with a 4th rate spanish coach and asshole MINDEF wanting him to do NS. How to win? Its a miracle he is as good as he is. If he had the same benefits as Schooling he would be also an Olympic medallist.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
His asian genes in this kind of race is already a drawback, plus studying medicine at the same time. Need to put in more time but from where? Has to sacrifice something. Don't think i've heard of a world ranked swimmer doing both. They're no supermen.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quah did not have the benefit of rich parents who send him to the US to be trained by the best swimming coaches in the world and to compete with elite competition, and also to avoid NS. Quah had to train here with a 4th rate spanish coach and asshole MINDEF wanting him to do NS. How to win? Its a miracle he is as good as he is. If he had the same benefits as Schooling he would be also an Olympic medallist.

If it was any other human being in any other part of the world,no matter how rich or poor,if they have the talent and the determination and will power to get to the top.like the African children that get up every morning and run twenty miles in the dirt track because they know sports is the only way out or the college kids in america that run in their hoodies in the rain cause they are training to be the next Jason Bourne or project blackwater assassin..only sinkies will come up with a million excuses and blame everyone and everything for their coolie genes and cmi.and then finally settle for a career as a hawker.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it was any other human being in any other part of the world,no matter how rich or poor,if they have the talent and the determination and will power to get to the top.like the African children that get up every morning and run twenty miles in the dirt track because they know sports is the only way out or the college kids in america that run in their hoodies in the rain cause they are training to be the next Jason Bourne or project blackwater assassin..only sinkies will come up with a million excuses and blame everyone and everything for their coolie genes and cmi.and then finally settle for a career as a hawker.

maybe 1 in those 10000 African children will get to the top, win an Olympic medal and gains fame and money. the rest of the 9999 will continue to rot in their shit lives or take up arms to fight their civil wars. the 1 is the exception, rather than the normal. Schooling is the exception for Singapore, with talent and benefits of money for elite training to make it to the top.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe 1 in those 10000 African children will get to the top, win an Olympic medal and gains fame and money. the rest of the 9999 will continue to rot in their shit lives or take up arms to fight their civil wars. the 1 is the exception, rather than the normal. Schooling is the exception for Singapore, with talent and benefits of money for elite training to make it to the top.

Odds are still way better than any whites or chinks.in fact the only sports where whites stand a chance are the sissy sports that blacks don't touch.like baseball and bowling.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Odds are still way better than any whites or chinks.in fact the only sports where whites stand a chance are the sissy sports that blacks don't touch.like baseball and bowling.
niggers don't engage in baseball and bowling as they know they possess a bat to swing and have balls-deep to slamdunk :wink: