• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Millie Small stayed in Spore during 1971 to 1973

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was browsing songs in Youtube & was listening to "My Boy Lollipop". Started googling to find out more about the history of Millie Small & came across the fact that she stayed in Spore during 1971 to 1973 :eek:

Back in the old days Spore truely had foreign talents:smile:

https://retrorambling.wordpress.com/articles/from-liverpool-to-wembley/millie-small/

Personal life
She had a brief relationship with Peter Asher of the 1960s duo Peter & Gordon

She lived in Singapore from 1971 to 1973 before returning to the UK which is now her home. She has an adult daughter, who is studying art and the music industry.

[video=youtube;Zri1IsOwdfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zri1IsOwdfg[/video]

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
She had another hit called "see you later Alligator" or something like that.

I think Millie Small had to leave Singapore because Immigration did not extend her Visa. Funny lah. Why did they not want an International Star to reside in Singapore?

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;ASMzrjBxY_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASMzrjBxY_I[/video]

"See you later Alligator...."

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She had another hit called "see you later Alligator" or something like that.

I think Millie Small had to leave Singapore because Immigration did not extend her Visa. Funny lah. Why did they not want an International Star to reside in Singapore?

It's a pity that I wasn't aware of Millie Small living & performing in Spore. Otherwise I would have gone to see her perform.

In those days they were very strict. Knew a local who was married to an angmo wife & when she was expecting the authorities would only allow her to stay in Spore if she signed a legal document agreeing NOT to take up Sporean citizenship for the baby she was expecting :eek:

Fortunately he & his wife eventually emigrated to Canada where he had a very large family :smile:

Even back then the immigration policies of LKY was contributing to the extinction of Sporeans. Just imagine dissuading locals from procreating & making it hard for foreign spouses from living & working in Spore. :rolleyes:

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY's govt went to the extent of banning Cliff Richard from performing in Singapore because of his "long hair" in those days.

R-2453214-1284899582.jpeg.jpg

How silly could you get?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There were many real home grown music talents that left zikapore for one reason or another, don't worry about FT talents not wanting to stay. One of them was Teresa Khoo, sister of Victor Khoo. She was a real music talent, having gotten her LRSM in Piano at the age of 15. SHe formed Singapore's first all female band, the Blue Belles, and performed regularly with several hits. Married an angmo, bassist Winston Filmer and moved to Australia. Sadly, she passed away some years back in Melbourne.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
My fav Vietnamese slut actress and TV "personality", Tila Tequila Nguyen was also born in Singapore, and then family migrated to Houston, Texas.

521_1000.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Imagine if Gwendoline Yeo See Hian and her family to not migrate to SFO. She would have easily won Miss SIngapore back then, and handily beat out the dogs they have running. And not only that, represented Singapore in Miss Universe with some pride. Instead, she won Miss Asian America, went on the cast of Desperate Housewives, another talented sinkie lost to another country.

MV5BMTU4MTY0NDI4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDkyNDk4NDE@._V1_.jpg

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think Winston Filmer is ang moh.

There were many real home grown music talents that left zikapore for one reason or another, don't worry about FT talents not wanting to stay. One of them was Teresa Khoo, sister of Victor Khoo. She was a real music talent, having gotten her LRSM in Piano at the age of 15. SHe formed Singapore's first all female band, the Blue Belles, and performed regularly with several hits. Married an angmo, bassist Winston Filmer and moved to Australia. Sadly, she passed away some years back in Melbourne.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We retitled this song ....'' My balls nearly drop ''

I was browsing songs in Youtube & was listening to "My Boy Lollipop". Started googling to find out more about the history of Millie Small & came across the fact that she stayed in Spore during 1971 to 1973 :eek:

Back in the old days Spore truely had foreign talents:smile:

https://retrorambling.wordpress.com/articles/from-liverpool-to-wembley/millie-small/

Personal life
She had a brief relationship with Peter Asher of the 1960s duo Peter & Gordon

She lived in Singapore from 1971 to 1973 before returning to the UK which is now her home. She has an adult daughter, who is studying art and the music industry.

[video=youtube;Zri1IsOwdfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zri1IsOwdfg[/video]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a pity that I wasn't aware of Millie Small living & performing in Spore. Otherwise I would have gone to see her perform.

In those days they were very strict. Knew a local who was married to an angmo wife & when she was expecting the authorities would only allow her to stay in Spore if she signed a legal document agreeing NOT to take up Sporean citizenship for the baby she was expecting :eek:

Fortunately he & his wife eventually emigrated to Canada where he had a very large family :smile:

Even back then the immigration policies of LKY was contributing to the extinction of Sporeans. Just imagine dissuading locals from procreating & making it hard for foreign spouses from living & working in Spore. :rolleyes:

So much for LKY the visionary

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
At one stage, LKY said that the next PM of Singapore should be an Economist.

So it was that Singapore became an economics centred society.

However, LKY could not care less for Sociology. Look at the societal mess we are in today because of his neglect and lack of sociological forsight - a genocidal birthrate, uncontrolled immigration, and an aging population timebomb.....

LKY a visionary? Hah!!! This guy could not look beyond one generation.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shows LKY is only human and not far sighted

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
At one stage, LKY said that the next PM of Singapore should be an Economist.

So it was that Singapore became an economics centred society.

However, LKY could not care less for Sociology. Look at the societal mess we are in today because of his neglect and lack of sociological forsight - a genocidal birthrate, uncontrolled immigration, and an aging population timebomb.....

LKY a visionary? Hah!!! This guy could not look beyond one generation.

Yes, very well said, only wish 70% gong cheebye can understand this.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY's govt went to the extent of banning Cliff Richard from performing in Singapore because of his "long hair" in those days.

R-2453214-1284899582.jpeg.jpg

How silly could you get?

I was in school when they implemented the stupid ban on "long hair" & I remember how dumb it was.
I remember that some students were sent home to the barber because of long hair. The definition of long hair at my school was if your hair touched your eyebrows, didn't have a slope, ... etc.

I had the typical asian hair which was strong & stuck out. I wasn't trying to emulate the western anti-authoritarian ideas of the hippies. I didn't even know what a hippie was:biggrin:

Many schools went overboard. You had school principals of girls schools going around giving haircuts to girls because they had long hair:eek: The girls were also not allowed shoes with heels taller than half an inch. Teacher & prefects would go around with rulers to check:smile:

Even the movie "Hair" was banned in Spore because LKY was frightened it would corrupt the youth of Spore. Years latter I took a look at Hair & enjoyed many songs from this musical.

[video=youtube;aCs1rkAXZ9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCs1rkAXZ9o&list=PL509E8ABB6CC25F29[/video]

It was Spore's "Cultural Revolution".

Then we had the anti-snobbery campaign where students were banned from wearing branded jeans, runners, and bringing branded pens like Parker, Cross,...etc to school.

When we look back we can laugh at the silliness of LKY. However we cannot ignore the more serious eugenics policies, NS policies, political suppression, .. etc which drove Sporeans to emigrate.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It was Spore's "Cultural Revolution".

Then we had the anti-snobbery campaign where students were banned from wearing branded jeans, runners, and bringing branded pens like Parker, Cross,...etc to school.

When we look back we can laugh at the silliness of LKY. However we cannot ignore the more serious eugenics policies, NS policies, political suppression, .. etc which drove Sporeans to emigrate.

Since u refer to the cultural revolution, you will recall Madam Jiang Qing, Mao's wife. This stupid bitch also had a big influence on the cultural revolution. Zikapore's equivalent is Gecko, who influenced the population policies with her stop at 2 and mass sterilization plans. Today, the PAP are complaining not enough people, must import many FTs.