• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Race Is Important in SG

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
My father is Chinese. So my race is Chinese. That's stated on my NRIC. That's clear and no ambiguity.

If I should embrace Indian values, customs, religion and enjoy the support of the Indian community, it does not make me an Indian. The "wise men" from pap or Sinda cant classify me as an Indian. My race is still Chinese.

Likewise, Halimah Yacob's father is an Indian. That is stated in her NRIC. She is an Indian. Just because she embraces Islam, wears a tudung, practises Malay culture and mixes with malay friends, it does not change her race to Malay. We cant allow some PAP "wise men" and some pap cronies from the Malay community to claim that HY is Malay.

This is a serious matter. It makes a mockery of our NRIC and Race.

If pap and its malay cronies try to claim that Halimah Yacob is a Malay and therefore eligible to stand for Presidential Election, can we bring them to Court and ask for a Judicial decision on such a ridiculous claim?

Our fight is not against Halimah. It is against PAP and its rubbish. Halimah has allowed herself to be made use of by LHL and PAP. Singaporeans must not allow a few bad PAP people to throw rubbish at us.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans must stand up against LHL's and PAP's tyranny to amend and use laws to suit their agenda.

Race is important and should not be played around by the pap

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If pap and its malay cronies try to claim that Halimah Yacob is a Malay and therefore eligible to stand for Presidential Election, can we bring them to Court and ask for a Judicial decision on such a ridiculous claim?

You want to fight them in a Singapore court?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
My father is Chinese. So my race is Chinese. That's stated on my NRIC. That's clear and no ambiguity.

If I should embrace Indian values, customs, religion and enjoy the support of the Indian community, it does not make me an Indian. The "wise men" from pap or Sinda cant classify me as an Indian. My race is still Chinese.

Likewise, Halimah Yacob's father is an Indian. That is stated in her NRIC. She is an Indian. Just because she embraces Islam, wears a tudung, practises Malay culture and mixes with malay friends, it does not change her race to Malay. We cant allow some PAP "wise men" and some pap cronies from the Malay community to claim that HY is Malay.

This is a serious matter. It makes a mockery of our NRIC and Race.

Our fight is not against Halimah. It is against PAP and its rubbish. Halimah has allowed herself to be made use of by LHL and PAP. Singaporeans must not allow a few bad PAP people to throw rubbish at us.

you're a disgrace…have you not heard that we are one regardless of colour?

[video=youtube;8YQjtFL4ii8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQjtFL4ii8[/video]

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want to fight them in a Singapore court?

The first step is to decide whether deciding that a person who was borned to an Indian father can be changed to be a malay by pap and its cronies.

So my questions is can pap arbitrarily change Halimah to be a Malay when Singapore states that she has been an indian for the past 62yrs?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
you're a disgrace…have you not heard that we are one regardless of colour?

[video=youtube;8YQjtFL4ii8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQjtFL4ii8[/video]

The disgrace is on pap, not me

If pap accepts that we are one, can pap deny TCB from standing for EP based on race?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Singaporeans are willing to challenge pap and make it look ridiculous, it will cause pap to be more circumspect in its decision.

TCB already go court...lose never mind and kena tekan by the keling DAG some more.

The world has eyes and eyes...and some non daft Singaporeans too.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB already go court...lose never mind and kena tekan by the keling DAG some more.

The world has eyes and eyes...and some non daft Singaporeans too.

Good that we are willing to speak up and challenge the pap. Let the Court of Public Opinion decide who is the tyrant.

LHL claimed that he was absolved from the abuse of power charges. But does the Court of Public Opinion absolve him? "Ownself clears ownself" not valid and convincing

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
"Chinese" is not a race it is an ethnicity. Same goes for "Malay", "Indian" etc.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good that we are willing to speak up and challenge the pap. Let the Court of Public Opinion decide who is the tyrant.

LHL claimed that he was absolved from the abuse of power charges. But does the Court of Public Opinion absolve him? "Ownself clears ownself" not valid and convincing

The only opportunity to express this is by spoilt votes or votes against Halimah....if and only if there is going to be an election.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Ethnicity_vs_Race

The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical characteristics, such as bone structure and skin, hair, or eye color. Ethnicity, however, refers to cultural factors, including nationality, regional culture, ancestry, and language.

An example of race is brown, white, or black skin (all from various parts of the world), while an example of ethnicity is German or Spanish ancestry (regardless of race) or Han Chinese. Your race is determined by how you look while your ethnicity is determined based on the social and cultural groups you belong to. You can have more than one ethnicities but you are said to have one race, even if it's "mixed race".

What is ethnicity?

Ethnicity is state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.[1] This is, by definition, a fluid concept; ethnic groups can be broadly or narrowly construed. For example, they can be as broad as "Native American" or as narrow as "Cherokee". Another example is the Indian subcontinent — Indians may be considered one ethnic group but there are actually dozens of cultural traditions and subgroups like Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, and Tamil that are also bona fide ethnic groups. Yet another example is people in Great Britain — they may be considered British, or more precisely English, Scottish or Welsh.

What is race?

A race is a group of people with a common physical feature or features. While there are hundreds — if not thousands — of ethnicities, the number of races is far fewer.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only opportunity to express this is by spoilt votes or votes against Halimah....if and only if there is going to be an election.

That will be the last but not the only opportunity. We must use all legal avenues to challenge an unjust practice before we use the last resort of protest votes.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
You raised a very good question.

Can we expect SG Courts to mete out justice and give a fair judgment? Sundaresh Menon need to do some self reflection

The Singapore courts will and can "mete out justice"....but "fair judgement" depends on you being on which side?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Ethnicity_vs_Race

The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical characteristics, such as bone structure and skin, hair, or eye color. Ethnicity, however, refers to cultural factors, including nationality, regional culture, ancestry, and language.

An example of race is brown, white, or black skin (all from various parts of the world), while an example of ethnicity is German or Spanish ancestry (regardless of race) or Han Chinese. Your race is determined by how you look while your ethnicity is determined based on the social and cultural groups you belong to. You can have more than one ethnicities but you are said to have one race, even if it's "mixed race".

What is ethnicity?

Ethnicity is state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.[1] This is, by definition, a fluid concept; ethnic groups can be broadly or narrowly construed. For example, they can be as broad as "Native American" or as narrow as "Cherokee". Another example is the Indian subcontinent — Indians may be considered one ethnic group but there are actually dozens of cultural traditions and subgroups like Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, and Tamil that are also bona fide ethnic groups. Yet another example is people in Great Britain — they may be considered British, or more precisely English, Scottish or Welsh.

What is race?

A race is a group of people with a common physical feature or features. While there are hundreds — if not thousands — of ethnicities, the number of races is far fewer.

That proves that Halimah, borned of an Indian father, is an Indian as rightly stated in her NRIC. The social circles she mixes with and the culture she embraces do not change the fact that she is an Indian

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That proves that Halimah, borned of an Indian father, is an Indian as rightly stated in her NRIC. The social circles she mixes with and the culture she embraces do not change the fact that she is an Indian

Yes she is of Indian ETHNICITY.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Chinese woman having a child with a Causacian man...the child's race is EURASIAN in our NRIC
A Malay woman having a child with an Indian Man...the child's race is ???? in our NRIC.