• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat OMG! Communist chinks can't watch Jap anime and Thai dramas anymore. Haram!

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are haram in the Chinese communist religious textbook.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1057287.shtml

Last week, Chinese netizens found that virtually all of the movies they saved on video-hosting site bilibili.com had vanished. Photos shared widely on social media showed that TV series and movies across all categories had either gone missing or had been replaced with gray squares.

Bilibili, a hugely popular site with Chinese millennials, was originally a place to watch Japanese anime and other such niche shows, but gradually it became home to all kinds of shows, movies and a community of pop culture enthusiasts. In recent years, official organs such as the Communist Youth League of China and China Central Television (CCTV) even started posting videos on the website in order to attract the younger generation and increase their influence.

"I'm so heartbroken I feel like I can't breathe. I won't forget all the Japanese, American, British or Thai dramas I've watched on Bilibili, they've brought me so much laughter and tears, how can they be gone in an instant?" one netizen mourned.

Some netizens joked that since losing shows on the "A-station" (AcFun) and the "B-station" (Bilibili), one has to turn to the "C-station" - CCTV - in order to keep up to date on entertainment matters.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese communist party members must give up faith in other religions or face punishment. Only the communist atheist religion is allowed!

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1056944.shtml

The head of China's top religious affairs regulator said that Party members should not seek value and faith in religion, and that those who have religious beliefs should be persuaded to give them up, with experts saying this is meant to maintain Party unity.

"Party members should not have religious beliefs, which is a red line for all members … Party members should be firm Marxist atheists, obey Party rules and stick to the Party's faith … they are not allowed to seek value and belief in religion," Wang Zuoan, director of the State Administration for Religious Affairs (SARA) wrote in an article released in the Qiushi Journal on Saturday, the flagship magazine of the CPC Central Committee.