• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat It's Official! Madam Speaker Is No Longer of Indian Descent!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20108622_2484153108392070_432783666229312866_n.jpg

Ohhh, someone removed the part on "Indian descent" from Halimah Yacob's Wikipedia page. Ownself edit ownself?

Credit: Dennis Leong

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah bock should follow my advise n take 4 wives including harimau yakult n affirm himself the 古早人son of lkygel. Cfm 69% will bolt for him. Harimau can grab his mike and when remain speaker, it will b a beautiful voice jay chou will praise

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i noticed something is that shit skins have been trying their darn best to claim anyone even those that don't look like shit skins to be shit skins whenever they can. That shit skin who looks Chinese/m&d who got killed by his father in law tuppani was nominated by a shit skin society.

I don't see Chinese doing this.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
i noticed something is that shit skins have been trying their darn best to claim anyone even those that don't look like shit skins to be shit skins whenever they can. That shit skin who looks Chinese/m&d who got killed by his father in law tuppani was nominated by a shit skin society.

Oh yeah, I hear they are claiming Leonardo Di Caprio, George Clooney and JLo. Is nobody safe ? Who next ? Gwyneth Paltrow ?

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should thank god, Tuppani was not nominated for enterpreneurship award by a chinese society.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did Halimah Yacob delete info about Indian descent from Wikipedia page?
July 19, 2017

Her page may have been spruced up in anticipation of the upcoming Presidential election which Mdm Halimah is considering contesting.

The presidential election this year has been reserved for Malay candidates.

There has been wide speculation about whether Mdm Halimah qualifies since she is an Indian Muslim, whose father is of Indian origin.

This was disclosed in an ST article in 2013 when Halimah was selected to be the new Speaker of Parliament after her predecessor, Michael Palmer, resigned from politics due to his marital affair with a PA woman.

In the article, it mentioned: “Her (Halimah’s) Indian-Muslim father was a watchman who died when she was eight years old.”

In fact, news of Halimah becoming Singapore’s first woman speaker also made its way to India. The Hindu described her as an “Indian-origin politician.”

It has been revealed that despite her ancestry, Mdm Halimah has been certified as a Malay by the Malay Community Committee at least three times in 2001, 2006 and 2015 when she was fielded as a Malay minority candidate during the general elections.

It is a requirement for minority candidates contesting general elections to to be certified as a member of his or her respective ethnic community.

If she chooses to contest the presidential election set for September, Mdm Halimah will be required to certified as a Malay candidate once again, by a five-member panel that will assess whether prospective presidential candidates belong to the Malay race.

Perhaps Mdm Halimah’s Wikipedia page was edited to avoid claims and speculation that she is unfit to run in the presidential race, even though she is a certified Malay. The deletion of her ancestry, however, may have backfired as netizens circulating the photo have taken the edits as evidence that Mdm Halimah is trying to bury her origins.

http://www.theindependent.sg/did-halimah-yacob-delete-info-about-indian-descent-from-wikipedia-page/

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
with all this controversy I bet Halimah will not run. She would rather keep her integrity and stay as Speaker of the House (which is frankly a super easy job in the Singapore parliament).

She can also give the excuse to LHL that she is not a Malay and with the public fully aware of this it would be a betrayal to the original intent of this Racist Presidential Election and an insult to the Malay community and hence running would be wrong.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as i've told papsmear many moons ago, sg has a cyber army which spends countless hours cleaning up and updating wikipedia content related to sg. now you believe.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
By sheer coincidence earlier today:

Najib: Govt to study Indian Muslims’ request to be recognised as Bumiputera

SERDANG, July 19 ― The government will study in depth the request from the Indian Muslim community to be recognised as Bumiputera, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said last night.

He said, however, the matter of how it would be implemented required further research in terms of administration or gazettement.

“I heard the demand made by the Federation of Malaysian Indian Muslim Associations (PERMIM) president Dhajudeen Shahul Hameed, and I accept that Indian Muslims are like Bumiputeras,” he said at the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (KPDNKK) Aidilfitri do with Malaysian Indian Muslim non-governmental organisations here, last night.

Najib, who is also Finance Minister, accepted Dhajudeen's suggestion to set up an Indian Muslim community centre for members to reach out and discuss matters with the Prime Minister.

At the event, Dhajudeen made three demands, namely to gazette the community as Bumiputera, set up a Muslim Indian landmark in Kuala Lumpur or Putrajaya, and appoint a special officer in the Prime Minister's Department to manage the affairs of about one million Indian Muslims in the country.

In the meantime, Najib also announced that about 10,000 Malaysian Muslim Restaurant Owners Association (Presma) members had agreed to give up to 20 per cent discount at all their business premises with immediate effect in response to the government's call to help reduce the cost of living.

He said members of the disabled community would receive a 20 per cent discount card, while for students it would be 10 per cent, and five per cent for Friends of the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism.

The event, attended by more than 15,000 Indian Muslim NGO leaders and their families, caught the attention of the Prime Minister, and he expressed his awe appreciation over the community's support for his leadership and the Barisan Nasional government.

“I can conclude, that the Indian Muslim community in our country are strong supporters of, and loyal to BN,” he said.

Najib also acknowledged the great contribution of the Indian Muslim community to the country, especially in terms of serving restaurant food, where he understood there were about 10,000 Malabari Indian Muslim and Pakistani restaurants nationwide.

He said although the new generation of Indian Muslims chose professions such as accounting, law, and engineering over more ‘traditional’ fields such as money changers and newspaper sellers, the community's support and commitment to the government remained unchanged.

“I want to bring Malaysia in line with the top 20 countries in the world in the future, so we must be ready to go past the 14th General Election. Today, we will celebrate Aidilfitri. Not too long from now, we will celebrate another ‘hari raya’ which requires the support of Indian Muslims to make a new vision for Malaysia.

“We can do it, and we can bring change and transformation to the country. If you want the government to transform the country, a government which is inclusive, assisting all large and small communities, including Indian Muslims, will continue to be built by the BN government,” he said.

The Prime Minister also acknowledged his fondness for Indian Muslim food, including biryani, capati, tosai, and “nasi vanggey” in Ipoh, so much so, every time he visited the city, he would call up the restaurant manager to send him the dish in Ipoh or to Kuala Lumpur.

“My personal relationship with Indian Muslims is very good, and hopefully, all here will give support to the government led by myself. There is someone on the other side, a certain person who is also Indian Muslim, but I believe the Indian Muslim community is more supportive of me and hope this relationship will continue forever,” he said. ― Bernama

More Trending Videos

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is hilarious.

Najib also acknowledged the great contribution of the Indian Muslim community to the country, especially in terms of serving restaurant food, where he understood there were about 10,000 Malabari Indian Muslim and Pakistani restaurants nationwide.

The Prime Minister also acknowledged his fondness for Indian Muslim food, including biryani, capati, tosai, and “nasi vanggey” in Ipoh, so much so, every time he visited the city, he would call up the restaurant manager to send him the dish in Ipoh or to Kuala Lumpur.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he said he's clean, den he's clean lor! ...

he said she's not yindian, den she's not yindian lor! ...

69% daft sinkies empower him 2 wok like a crab ... wat u peasants wanna do? ...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is solid proof. Oppos should be ashamed of themselves for questioning madam president's heritage.