• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singapore voids marriage after sex change.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore voids marriage after husband's sex change: Report

image: http://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/o...hash=FEC9048FBFBA59FE2EC73F20D525A05975A22790

Singapore's leaders say the city-state is not ready for same-sex marriage. - AFP/file
Singapore's leaders say the city-state is not ready for same-sex marriage. - AFP/file

Singapore (AFP) - Singapore has voided the marriage of a couple after the husband underwent a sex change, making their partnership a same-sex union that contravened the city-state's laws, a report said Tuesday.

The couple married as man and woman in 2015 but the husband underwent a sex change operation and updated his national identity card to read "female", the Straits Times newspaper reported.

But when the unidentified couple tried to buy a government-built apartment, they had to inform the authorities. Married couples receive state grants for first-time purchases of government apartments.

The marriage was voided several months later, making them ineligible to buy the apartment they wanted, the paper said.

Singapore's Registry of Marriage said it would not give details on individual cases but cited the country's laws which state marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

"At the point of marriage, a couple must be man and woman, and must want to be and want to remain as man and woman in the marriage," it said in a statement.

Despite calls for change, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has said the country is not yet ready for same-sex marriage since society is still conservative.

Singapore maintains legislation dating back to British colonial rule making sex between men a criminal act although it does not actively enforce the law.

Jean Chong, who co-founded Sayoni, a Singapore-based lesbian advocacy group, told AFP that "policies need to catch up with the realities of society".

"Families come in all shapes and sizes and of course while people get married as man and woman, there are those who transition along the way, so does this mean their marriage is no longer valid?"

Taiwan's top court ruled in favour of gay marriage in May, paving the way for the island to become the first place in Asia to legalise same-sex unions.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/regi...sbands-sex-change-report/#4XjcqeyrwlzjtdVf.99

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The "cancellation" of the so called marriage is purely for the HDB application purposes only....

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dare say over 95% of Singaporeans aged 50 and above are opposed to any form of same sex marriage or even the slightest notion of a civil union.

For Christians and Muslims, its virtually 100%.

You think the govt will allow their marriage to continue after gender reassignment was done? Not in the next 50 years.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dare say over 95% of Singaporeans aged 50 and above are opposed to any form of same sex marriage or even the slightest notion of a civil union.

For Christians and Muslims, its virtually 100%.

You think the govt will allow their marriage to continue after gender reassignment was done? Not in the next 50 years.

I tot sg government is supposed to be super impartial and logical and non susceptible to populist pressure and secular and whatnot.or is it on this subject matter they are homophobic too?

Remember one thing,the opinions of sinkies do not matter.they can go fuck themselves with a big black dildo for all PAP cares.u take what we give u.if the 2 million fts especially Pinoys and banglas here demand that they be allowed to blow each other

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Makes me wonder- Does Women's Charter still apply if this pair of couple divorce? Hmm...

If the marriage is declared invalid, there is no woman's charter to talk about. The WC only applies to a valid marriage that was terminated by a legally initiated divorce procedure.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I tot sg government is supposed to be super impartial and logical and non susceptible to populist pressure and secular and whatnot.or is it on this subject matter they are homophobic too?

Remember one thing,the opinions of sinkies do not matter.they can go fuck themselves with a big black dildo for all PAP cares.u take what we give u.if the 2 million fts especially Pinoys and banglas here demand that they be allowed to blow each other

What do you mean impartial and logical? Are you even talking about the Singapore govt?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean impartial and logical? Are you even talking about the Singapore govt?

Don't worry...the gahmen will find a theme and reason for doing so.

Racial Harmony....EP reserved for Melayu (or half Ah Neh)
Heritage Listing...form secret committee to decide on Oxley Rise
Low Birth Rate ...ban same sex marriage