• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Beautiful Monster - All New Camry

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guess once one drives a RWD theres no turning back

one of my early cars, acura integra, was fwd and after driving into tahoe with chains on for skiing swore never to drive another fwd again. much better with a rwd with chains in snow, but best for snow is 4wd and not even awd.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have not driven with chains before. Frankly don't see anyone driving with chains in Alberta so far.

it's a hassle, especially going to yosemite in winter. it's because of the snowline creeping down just above valleys. before reaching mariposa, must put on chains unless you have 4wd and snow tires. after mariposa, it's a dip into a valley, thus no snow. take out chains otherwise wheels koyak. before el portal going uphill must put on chains again. same 2-time put-on-remove chains procedure going to reno in a blizzard. you don't have this problem in alberta. it's mostly snow on the ground and you have to have 4wd or awd.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
it's a hassle, especially going to yosemite in winter. it's because of the snowline creeping down just above valleys. before reaching mariposa, must put on chains unless you have 4wd and snow tires. after mariposa, it's a dip into a valley, thus no snow. take out chains otherwise wheels koyak. before el portal going uphill must put on chains again. same 2-time put-on-remove chains procedure going to reno in a blizzard. you don't have this problem in alberta. it's mostly snow on the ground and you have to have 4wd or awd.

Oh and now that you mention it, most of us change to winter tires after Canadian Thanksgiving. I change to winter tires every season. No price on safety. But really have not seen chains in Alberta. I did see some semi-trailers put them on when they went on the Coquihalla highway. That one really slippery man even with winter tires and AWD.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh and now that you mention it, most of us change to winter tires after Canadian Thanksgiving. I change to winter tires every season. No price on safety. But really have not seen chains in Alberta. I did see some semi-trailers put them on when they went on the Coquihalla highway. That one really slippery man even with winter tires and AWD.

for some road closures or what they call "chain control", must have chains even though vehicle is 4wd with snow tires. i always bring 2 sets even though vehicle is suv just in case chiobu driver of another vehicle needs chains. and chains must be of the right size for the tires. otherwise can whack wheel wells and undercarriage.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
No 3.5 mark x in sinkie land only 2.5 and 3L.
However the car is bullet proof due to lack of electronics, robust 6 speed gear box and V6 engine.

I tried the 2.5 and the 3.0 litre Xs and then when I test drove the 3.5 I was sold immediately.

Any RWD without traction control will fishtail if you floor the accelerator round a corner especially in slick conditions. The more powerful the engine the easier it is to lose control.

It boils down to experience. In NZ there are loads of racing circuits which have track days. This gives ordinary mortals a chance to test the limits and gain valuable skills regarding how a car behaves in the wet, in gravel and in dry conditions.