• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Beautiful Monster - All New Camry

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Toyota Camry has always been boring in design and drive so far, but this all new 2018 model seems beg to differ.

"Beautiful Monster" is Toyota's marketing theme for this new car.

[video=youtube;hz8e66Dxcvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8e66Dxcvk[/video]

[video=youtube;qDTfrOI_kpo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDTfrOI_kpo[/video]​

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;CwtZYIcxCHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwtZYIcxCHI[/video]

[video=youtube;MgGMT5_J5jc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGMT5_J5jc[/video]​

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Googles these photos

2018-toyota-camry.jpg

wheels-Camry-1-72-1024x683.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Toyota Camry has always been boring in design and drive so far, but this all new 2018 model seems beg to differ.]

"Beautiful Monster" is Toyota's marketing theme for this new car.

Froggy if you're interested in a Toyota Sedan forget the FWD Camry get a RWD 3.5L V6 Toyota Mark X instead. It is a far superior car in all aspects.

I should know because I now own one.

I bought it for less than NZD18,000 with 77,000 kms on the clock but it drives like a new car.

The difference between front wheel drive and rear wheel drive is like night and day. There is also an ALL wheel drive version.

Avoid the 4 cylinder models. They don't have sufficient power to give you a motoring high. Get a V6 3.5 L the engine is as smooth as silk and the responsiveness is joy to behold. You'll want to drive around even if you have nowhere to go because it feels so good!

Love the car... best Toyota I have ever owned!

Attachments

• markx.jpg
    markx.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 1,116

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Froggy if you're interested in a Toyota Sedan forget the FWD Camry get a RWD 3.5L V6 Toyota Mark X instead. It is a far superior car in all aspects.

I bought it for less than NZD18,000 with 77,000 kms on the clock but it drives like a new car.

The difference between front wheel drive and rear wheel drive is like night and day. There is also an ALL wheel drive version.

Avoid the 4 cylinder models. They don't have sufficient power to give you a motoring high. Get a V6 3.5 L the engine is as smooth as silk and the responsiveness is joy to behold. You'll want to drive around even if you have nowhere to go because it feels so good!

The new Toyota Camry Sedan is crap. I drove one last month went I was in the US on business. I rented it at the airport and i always request for mid size, so they gave me a a new Camry, I believe it was the 4 cylinder version. Something is wrong with this car, its on eco mode all the time, and the acceleration is crap. Very very poor, for such a large car, and I have to say dangerously so on the highways. I think the Corolla in the same model year is a much better car. I suppose they are shooting for fuel economy in the new Camry.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The new Toyota Camry Sedan is crap. I drove one last month went I was in the US on business. I rented it at the airport and i always request for mid size, so they gave me a a new Camry, I believe it was the 4 cylinder version. Something is wrong with this car, its on eco mode all the time, and the acceleration is crap. Very very poor, for such a large car, and I have to say dangerously so on the highways. I think the Corolla in the same model year is a much better car. I suppose they are shooting for fuel economy in the new Camry.

You could have been in the wrong mode. There's normally a button somewhere to switch from normal to eco to power.

In general all large cars with normally aspirated 4 cylinder engines feel sluggish. V6 engines are so much better.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You could have been in the wrong mode. There's normally a button somewhere to switch from normal to eco to power.

In general all large cars with normally aspirated 4 cylinder engines feel sluggish. V6 engines are so much better.

U know, that is not entirely accurate. If you drove the 2 generation ago Toyota Camry, it also had a 4 banger and a V6 version. The 4 cylinder was a very nice drive. Lots of torque, nimble, did not feel sluggish at all. Only difference was on the highway where the V6 had a much smoother power curve and much more power.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thank you for sharing this information. Being a Lexus fan for a long time I'm not really looking forward to the Camry, posting this thread for general interest that Toyota is coming up with a new sedan. Also of interest is its bold design as Camry is known to be boring in design and drive.

In addition to your note on FWD and RWD, like you I am all for RWD after driving a few GSs for past 12 years, don't think I will give up GS for the foreseeable future. About a year and a half ago replaced the RX to the new F-Sport with AWD again its really fun and you actually feel safe at high speed in wet condition.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

How fast were you going on the highway? On the average how fast does it show on the speedometer in km/h?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah pek car... look so ah pek, boring, predictably farked up like the driver

[video=youtube;-QdXqtK2oP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdXqtK2oP0[/video]

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

the reason why the previous owner sold it off after driving only 77,000 kms is because this model under perform.
Or either that, the orginal milage was 177000km but got illegible tuned down.

I personally clocked about 10k km every 3mths.
77000km is about 1 year plus old car

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will only drive a toyota corolla AE86 Levin when i go drifting and delivery tofu in the mountains of Akina with my Eurobeat Collection on at full blast.

[video=youtube;6Orx5JvksOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Orx5JvksOk&t=206s[/video]

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I see very few CAMRYs on the road in Calgary.

Put it this way. You have the Corolla which is ubiquitous. Then you have the RAV4 an AWD SUV. Then you have the Camry. Camry is a sedan. But bigger than the Corolla. But it is not AWD.

I figure it is the POOR MAN's idea of a "premium car".

For heaven's sake, if you want a premium car, buy an Audi, BMW, Lexus, Acura, Lincoln, Mercedes etc.

I would argue that those who buy the above cars are also "poor" as they cannot afford the lambos, porsches, etc.

Otherwise just buy something functional lah.