• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious I dislike refined sugar

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought sugar is the source for energy?

it is until u eat too much of it.

sugar is also the most easiest to convert to fat,insulin turns sugar in ur bloodstream directly into stored fat cells,any excess sugar that u dont burn off in ur blood stream or stored in ur muscles as glycogen is converted directly into fat,ur body also detects a increased level of sugar in ur blood after eating a high sugar diet(carbs are also sugar) and automatically produces more insulin to handle the high blood sugar(diabetics is when this system breaks down and ur body is no longer able to produce insulin naturally or the insulin produced is no longer effective).on the other hand protein is much harder to convert to fat,it requires two complex reaction thru ur digestive system before it can be converted into glucose.the energy that ur body expands during this process can result in almost 1/3rd of the calories consumed being burnt off.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't know why everything must have sugar in it. Milo must have sugar. Hot chocolate must have sugar. Chrysanthemum tea also must have sugar.

Today I was at my gf place, she let me drink one can of sugarless green tea. I was amazed! OMG! In the past all I could taste was sugar water. I never knew what tea tasted like!

Sugar is the leading cause of obesity, diabetes and heart disease in the world today. The correlation is unmistakable and proven beyond reasonable doubt. I hope doctors unite to petition that world govts schedule refined sugar as a toxin.

Reducing sugar intake and a more vigorous gym routine allowed me to lose some weight in the past 12 months. There are also certain kind of carbs like white rice (especially chicken rice) where you get hungry easily compared to sweet potatoes which are more effective in providing energy for several hours at a stretch. I have a feeling the faster a carb is digested, the more easily it is stored as fat.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You need to exercise more, eat less snacks in between meals and control your portions. Cutting away sugar or carboy is just crap. You are just beating yourself up. Life can be quite crappy eating spartan meals. No need to lie on the internet to talk about how much better your life has been.

Do light to mid-intensity exercise 2-3 times a week, eat less snacks, control your meal portions. That should be more than enough for vast majority of people to slim down and improve their overall health.