• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How much grab/uber driver earn per month?

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see so many uber/grab Drivers now
And I am using the service to work also

And the grab company always give us promotion/ discount

Wonder how much the Drivers earn per month
And Grab can earn money?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've got a Friend in this industry. Insider Not as Drivers as depending on which driver you meet their earnings can range from $2k - 10k.
But for hardworking ones ...by hardworking i mean 12hrs per day 6 days a week. Nett pay minus everything all in can make $5-$7k. Average is $20-$25 per hr. that why you see so many joining the trade.
Need to highlight this is because the company offers a lot of incentives. I wonder what will happen when they stop paying their Drivers these incentives.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also got a lot discount from them
Like I use the promotion code then sometime I get free ride.
Wonder how Grab able to earn.
Heard from Drivers that they are taking 20% commission.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also got a lot discount from them
Like I use the promotion code then sometime I get free ride.
Wonder how Grab able to earn.
Heard from Drivers that they are taking 20% commission.

Grab takes 20% of Driver's gross earnings
But they also have alot of monetary incentives and they give customers discounts /promotions as well.
Uber is well known making losses and grab is not making money. They just have a lot of VCs investments. I think the business model is unsustainable in the long run....they probably just want to get majority market share now.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hear from some of the grab/uber drivers that they treat this as a second job to fund for their second car. that means they are already earning a good amount in the first place.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last month Masayoshi Son the CEO of Softbank invested US$250m with Grab.

DiDi of China and Alibaba are also coming on board.

Anthony Tan founder of Grab is making plans to raise $1.5b and I believe he wants to kill UBER & Comfort Delgro.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hear from some of the grab/uber drivers that they treat this as a second job to fund for their second car. that means they are already earning a good amount in the first place.

All BS.
Many are mats or chow ah beings who can't afford cars but still wants to have a car to show off.
So they drive just enough to cover rental so they get 'free' use of a car they otherwise can't afford.
But with the new road tax decal thingy....one look at the windscreen can expose their game.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you follow Uber in the US, the drivers' income began to deteriorate over the last 5 years. It's nearly half from the peak. As Narong pointed out, VCs are funding it the company and their promotions but not the drivers income.

In the U.K, many prefer to drive to mini cabs (private vehicles) no different to Uber without the app but long established and very reliable. It is also safer as you can't hail it but must call despatch so there is record and audit trail of who picked you up. Btw the new decal was copied from the UK minicab model.

There is now the growing problem of uber drivers crashing, molest, rape ect despite the tracking.

Until the one or two players win the turf war, the income will continue to fall. Once they win the turf war, price will shoot up and it will back to decent income for drivers, company makes money but consumers have to pay higher fare.

Conclusion, wrong time to be driver unless you own your vehicle and work really hard.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just now spoke to one grab driver
He told me he only drive few hour and able earn 100+

And he said many go to drive as part time to earn extra money.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
My secondary school friend tells me so far he can earn close to 5k on average after netting off all expenses. But then his work hours are really long - 12 hours during weekdays and even longer during weekends at 16 hours a day, i.e. on the roads except for going home to sleep. I suppose this is good money for the unemployed or those who are not at the PME level, but I don't think it's sustainable in the long run.

A normal do nothing sit + patrol security guard clocking such monstrous hours can make 3k+ with all the OT, not to mention they still have CPF, bonuses, leave and various medical benefits.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok
Like today I grab share with one rider.
My pay is 6 dollar. Only from Sembawang to Admiralty,
Think another rider most probably also go Woodlands or somewhere nearby my drop off point
So from Sembawang to Admiralty can earn 12-13 dollr
Not bad right

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time I went to hospital
Then use the promotion code and only pay 6 dollar
Some more it is a BMW car and think the guy got professional job
As he wears smart attire

I am using HItch service.
Now people also can use lunch hour to drive passengers.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab takes 20% of Driver's gross earnings
But they also have alot of monetary incentives and they give customers discounts /promotions as well.
Uber is well known making losses and grab is not making money. They just have a lot of VCs investments. I think the business model is unsustainable in the long run....they probably just want to get majority market share now.

Seems uber and grab strategy quite clear.
Make money from ipo, when music stops whoever still holding the package die.

Otherwise we're seeing unsustainable tariffs. Might double once someone who actually needs to make profit run it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok
Like today I grab share with one rider.
My pay is 6 dollar. Only from Sembawang to Admiralty,
Think another rider most probably also go Woodlands or somewhere nearby my drop off point
So from Sembawang to Admiralty can earn 12-13 dollr
Not bad right

20% to the company.
Car rental
Petrol.
Overheads in sg is high whatever business you're in.
How much of it goes the the little guy at the end of the day.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time I went to hospital
Then use the promotion code and only pay 6 dollar
Some more it is a BMW car and think the guy got professional job
As he wears smart attire

I am using HItch service.
Now people also can use lunch hour to drive passengers.

If Beemer owner needs to use lunch hour to earn few extra bucks. Might as well dun drive. Sia suay.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems uber and grab strategy quite clear.
Make money from ipo, when music stops whoever still holding the package die.

Otherwise we're seeing unsustainable tariffs. Might double once someone who actually needs to make profit run it.

Maybe st the other end they are hoping to change passenger mindset and get people used to taking private hire.... people who otherwise might be talking the bus or mrt

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Beemer owner needs to use lunch hour to earn few extra bucks. Might as well dun drive. Sia suay.

Not sure too lonely or what.
Maybe too Sianz at home so might as well come out drink.
Sometime i met some grab driver, they like to talk a lot.