• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Baupok Man Who Looks m&d But Ain't m&d Harasses Chink MILF Cashier!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must be a malay who can't speak malay

Half Malay. Father Chinese (Muslim convert), mother Malay. Most are brought up learning Malay as 2nd language, but speak mainly English at home, so command of Malay not great.

That said, Ashraf does speak with a noticeable Malay accent.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Mother is Malay , and father is convert, guarantee the kids will be bilingual in Malay and English. Malay is the easiest of the 2nd languages to pick up and Malay is spoken across Malays as a matter of course.

Anyway if you listen to his accent he would be fluent in Malay. Better educated Malays have more neutral accent than this guy.

Half Malay. Father Chinese (Muslim convert), mother Malay. Most are brought up learning Malay as 2nd language, but speak mainly English at home, so command of Malay not great.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IAnyway if you listen to his accent he would be fluent in Malay.

You'd be surprised. I know many young Malays today who aren't that fluent in their mother tongue (much like the Chinese from the '80s onwards), even if they speak English with a Malay accent by virtue of their mixing among Malays at school and in the community. Globalization, Hollywood and social media are of course factors in declining Malay standards in our youth. (I speak better Malay than most, and with no accent.)

There are of course the more educated Malays who speak English with a neutral Singaporean accent, and some who even put on a fake ang moh accent, especially those who have studied abroad.

The Chinese-Malay offspring tend to be poorer – again a generalization – in spoken Malay because their parents usually converse in English at home (I have a few staff belonging to that group). If the mother is Malay, she may converse in a mix of Malay & English with the kids. With Dad, it's always English.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do have to defer to you as I know that you have a extensive background in this based on past postings. I guess I must have lost touch with the newer generations

What I did notice is that better educated Malays (both parents Malay) now seem to speak to their young in good English and not the conversational Singlish. I guess they want to put their kids on firm foundation.

You'd be surprised. I know many young Malays today who aren't that fluent in their mother tongue (much like the Chinese from the '80s) onwards even if they speak English with a Malay accent by virtue of their mixing among Malays at school and in the community. (I speak better Malay than most, and with no accent.)

There are of course the more educated Malays who speak English with a neutral Singaporean accent, and some who even put on a fake ang moh accent.

The Chinese-Malay offspring tend to be poorer – again a generalization – in spoken Malay because their parents usually converse in English at home (I have a few staff belonging to that group). If the mother is Malay, she may converse in a mix of Malay & English with the kids.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I did notice is that better educated Malays (both parents Malay) now seem to speak to their young in good English and not the conversational Singlish. I guess they want to put their kids on firm foundation.

Yes, but they also despair that their kids are no longer very conversant in their native tongue. I tell them the Chinese had the same problem almost a generation ago, and some had to migrate for the sake of their kids' education because of their difficulty with mother tongue, especially the Peranakans.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep, on the Pernakans. Badly affected when Govt mandated that they do Mandarin. Even Kwa Soon Bee bitterly complained as it affected his 2 sons.

Yes, but they also despair that their kids are no longer very conversant in their native tongue. I tell them the Chinese had the same problem almost a generation ago, and some had to migrate for the sake of their kids' education because of their difficulty with mother tongue, especially the Peranakans.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The language standard of younger sinkies have definitely gone further down the toilet. Remember even Taufik Batisah got the national anthem wrong..?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The language standard of younger sinkies have definitely gone further down the toilet. Remember even Taufik Batisah got the national anthem wrong..?

I once asked (in Malay) a friend's son how he was doing in school – the mother had to translate my question into English before her kid could understand it.

There was a time when Malays were the only ones who were guardians of their mother tongue in the true sense of the word: using it all the time in their daily interactions, the language of best command and fluency. (The Chinese and Indians had lost touch with theirs a long time ago.) Malay was also the lingua franca binding the various ethnicities in the '60s and early '70s. Even the ah peks and ah sohs knew enough pasar melayu to carry out a conversation at the coffee shop and buy groceries.

Now it seems that the Malay language is losing currency in the face of globalization and waves of immigration.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's also the command of English that has deteriorated. NUS academic started complaining in the early 80s, nothing was done. Humanities was introduced as well as native speakers were brought into SAP schools and they neglected the rest.

The excuse was to focus and build critical thinking, general paper, etc.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you see a drop in intermarriages amongst Malay and Chinese compared to the past. I seldom see it now and wonder if slowly withdrawal as a community has an effect.

Imagine if conversational Malay was thought in school for all how well we would have come together as society.

I once asked (in Malay) a friend's son how he was doing in school – the mother had to translate my question into English before her kid could understand it.

There was a time when Malays were the only ones who were guardians of their mother tongue in the true sense of the word: using it all the time in their daily interactions, the language of best command and fluency. (The Chinese and Indians had lost touch with theirs a long time ago.) Malay was also the lingua franca binding the various ethnicities in the '60s and early '70s. Even the ah peks and ah sohs knew enough pasar melayu to carry out a conversation at the coffee shop and buy groceries.

Now it seems that the Malay language is losing currency in the face of globalization and waves of immigration.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is inevitable. When languages don't adapt and adopt new words they will stop becoming relevant and die off.

In the same line of reasoning, I am going to stick my neck out and say that singlish will be a more dominant language in sinkieland because of its flexibility

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you see a drop in intermarriages amongst Malay and Chinese compared to the past. I seldom see it now and wonder if slowly withdrawal as a community has an effect.

Yes, in the past decade or so. Interestingly, there seems to be a resurgence in inter-racial relations in the 20-30 year-old segment. These are the more liberal English-speaking type and less hung up about religious conversion/formalities. I know 2 doctors, Chinese guy and Malay wife, who got married in England because the imam here refused to administer the rites because hubby didn't convert.

Imagine if conversational Malay was thought in school for all how well we would have come together as society.

Malay did bring everyone together in the old days. We even had a weekly session of National Language in school. All this was hijacked by the Speak Mandarin Campaign. Encroaching elitism in independent schools and SAP schools also led to further racial segregation. Gone are the days when the Chief Justice's son would rub shoulders with a hawker's son at RI.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, in the past decade or so. Interestingly, there seems to be a resurgence in inter-racial relations in the 20-30 year-old segment. ...

this is my observation as well. Usually both sides are very well travelled university grads and not the conservative kind. Good for them

Interstellar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sensitive Bastard Ashraf Wong Vs Cashier @ Giant Supermarket Blk 829 Tampines St

UPDATE:

Now, Ashraf Wong has hide his videos private, running away like a scared dog :rolleyes:

I knew it right from start he is the real trouble maker, not the giant cashier.

Two videos re-uploaded for future readers below, watch how this gayboy Ashraf Wong tried to break peoples' rice bowl:

1st Video:
https://mega.nz/#!pypHlLxb!qeVeDzFCevppKNNKTWCb5b1dEOCXB4bmZxKyif5rpNE

2nd Video:
https://mega.nz/#!ojZXwJgD!oc_Hx7ArL2eZxIuVoV1XrUk_7QtNMV-it4_LPGEkt90

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sensitive Bastard Ashraf Wong Vs Cashier @ Giant Supermarket Blk 829 Tampines St

Where is the photo of this nigger? Even though he has Chinese surname can bet he's as fucked a m&d as whoami

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where is the photo of this nigger? Even though he has Chinese surname can bet he's as fucked a m&d as whoami

Wat if hes a Chinese convert? Skin shld be smooth accordg to ur logic. So ok lah. Hes cat kuning or maybe mixed breed like u. Betul tak pussie Jah