• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2017-2018

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man Utd 2-0 Man City:
Jose Mourinho hails 'good training session'

Good win over arab cheque book team :p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40678811
_97027057_rexfd.jpg

Romelu Lukaku has now scored in his first two Manchester United appearancesManchester United's pre-season win over Manchester City in Houston was "a very good training session", says United manager Jose Mourinho.

Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford scored as 67,401 at NRG Stadium watched United win 2-0 in the first Manchester derby outside England.

New signing Lukaku beat City keeper Ederson Moraes to Paul Pogba's pass on 37 minutes. Then Rashford drove in Jesse Lingard's pass two minutes later.

"I'm really pleased," said Mourinho.
"I'm sure Pep [Guardiola] is the same. The most important thing was to give the players high quality training."

City came close to reducing the deficit when Fernandinho's long-range shot was tipped over by Sergio Romero. And City boss Guardiola was delighted with the performance of 17-year-old midfielder Phil Foden, who was making his first-team debut.

"I don't have words to describe what I saw," Guardiola said. "His performance was at another level. He loves the club. He is a City fan. He is a gift.

"Maybe this season he will stay with us because he is special. Creating chances, always in the best position."
It was the first derby since the bombing at Manchester Arena on 22 May and both teams wore shirts with the distinctive 'worker bee' logo, which will be auctioned off to raise money for the victims.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun read too much into friendlies. It's City's first 'competitive' encounter for the new season.There were many misfit players but I thot City may have found a jewel among the lot. Foden was truly impressive and I reckon he'll play a big part for City next season.

The game itself was a prelude to how Mou will approach difficult games against the big teams-choke and strike. The bigger test for United will be teams who choose to park the proverbial bus. That is where we lost alot of points last season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me thinks Ed Woodward farked up the Morata deal with REAL. It's probably true that REAL bears a grudge against United for the well documented De Gea transfer debacle. My guess is they made the deal so complicated with staggered payments,preconditions, caveats and the lot that it makes more sense to sell to someone who is willing to splash the cash upfront. REAL needs cash to buy players or they run foul of the rules.

Great job Ed!! I'd much prefer Morata or Bellotti to that big lump of clay. Perisic is overvalued and so is Matic.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me thinks Ed Woodward farked up the Morata deal with REAL. It's probably true that REAL bears a grudge against United for the well documented De Gea transfer debacle. My guess is they made the deal so complicated with staggered payments,preconditions, caveats and the lot that it makes more sense to sell to someone who is willing to splash the cash upfront. REAL needs cash to buy players or they run foul of the rules.

Great job Ed!! I'd much prefer Morata or Bellotti to that big lump of clay. Perisic is overvalued and so is Matic.

Ed has minola's dick in his mouth as we speak. He will suck up any clay semen come his way.

Keita is unlikely if Liverpool cannot get it for 70million. Cannot imagine man u will go to 75m when they don't even want to bridge the few million for Morata.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kns, missed the boat for Morata. And the inflated transfer market is a new normal.[FONT=&amp]

Manchester United confident of signing Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic

[/FONT]
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/22/manchester-united-transfer-nemanja-matic-chelsea-tottenham-eric-dier[FONT=&amp]

[FONT=&amp][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]José Mourinho frustrated in pursuit of Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier
• United confident of closing a deal for Matic, with a fee of £50m mooted
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

Manchester United are confident of signing Nemanja Matic for a fee likely to be in the region of £50m.

Manchester United are confident of closing a deal for Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic after hitting a wall in their efforts to take Eric Dier from Tottenham Hotspur. José Mourinho identified Dier as his No1 defensive midfield target at the start of the close season and he has seen three bids for him turned down by Tottenham. The third bid was understood to be close to £40m.[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
Tottenham’s position on Dier has been resolute all summer. When Ed Woodward, the United executive vice-chairman, made his first approach to Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman – and made a preliminary offer of £25m – he was told in no uncertain terms that Dier was not for sale.

United have continued to chip away, bidding £30m and then almost £40m but, in the context of an inflated market, the offers have served only to irritate Levy. Dier lost his place as Tottenham’s first-choice defensive midfielder to Victor Wanyama last season and he has been open to the prospect of the move to Old Trafford, where Mourinho would play him in his preferred position.

But Dier has not allowed the situation to affect him and Mauricio Pochettino, who values him enormously, not least because of his tactical flexibility, has been happy to see him put in the hard yards during pre-season. Dier played mostly in defence last season. Mourinho has signed the centre-half Victor Lindelof and the striker Romelu Lukaku but he has been targeting a defensive midfielder and he is now convinced that he will sign Matic.

United have had a £35m offer for him rejected but Matic wants to go to Old Trafford and the Chelseaowner, Roman Abramovich, is willing to grant him his wish as a goodwill gesture in view of the player’s service to the club.

Abramovich, though, will make United pay – with a fee of £50m having been mooted. Chelsea would be prepared to sell for less to a foreign club, with Juventus among the interested parties, but they continue to smart over how United hijacked their move for Lukaku.

Antonio Conte has signed Tiemoué Bakayoko from Monaco for £39.7m and he will play him instead of Matic this season. Conte left Matic out of the squad that he took on the club’s tour to east Asia. Matic previously played under Mourinho at Stamford Bridge and he is keen to renew his working relationship with him.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ed has minola's dick in his mouth as we speak. He will suck up any clay semen come his way.

Keita is unlikely if Liverpool cannot get it for 70million. Cannot imagine man u will go to 75m when they don't even want to bridge the few million for Morata.

It's a pity we let Morata slip through. The player wants to leave REAL regardless of who comes up with the dough. It was reported that REAL sold him for 60 million pounds, that is way off the 80 million they demanded from MU. The difference can be attributed to politics and what have you but I best guess it's the cash component that derailed the negotiation with many other add ons.

Well, MU has to move on and hopefully get their A list players. They need a DM and a striker before the season starts. Keita is definitely not on their list. If Pool, pulls it off without selling Coutinho, they must surely be contenders for the Premier league.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should just make a move for Dier iMHO. Leave the Perisic deal aside and concentrate on the DM. Either Matic or Dier and move on from there.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a pity we let Morata slip through. The player wants to leave REAL regardless of who comes up with the dough. It was reported that REAL sold him for 60 million pounds, that is way off the 80 million they demanded from MU. The difference can be attributed to politics and what have you but I best guess it's the cash component that derailed the negotiation with many other add ons.

Well, MU has to move on and hopefully get their A list players. They need a DM and a striker before the season starts. Keita is definitely not on their list. If Pool, pulls it off without selling Coutinho, they must surely be contenders for the Premier league.

I would not be surprised if they end up paying 60 m upwards for Matic. Chelsea know they are desperate hence the Lukaku tax.

News that Mourinho being unhappy is adding pressure for Woodward. I doubt there will be a striker. Mourinho will sign Ibrahimovic to half a season and that is that. For a good deal go re sign hernandez from under west ham nose.

I will prioritise the DM over anything. From playing pereira in the DM position I think he is trying plan B.

Liverpool would have pushed both Chelsea and Tottenham to the brink if not for injury to mane after the afican cup. The team to watch will be Tottenham. I think they can mount a serious challenge. They are full of fast players. Mourinho is trying to speed the team up but still takes time and shifting of players.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bayern Munich boss Carlo Ancelotti admits 'a possibility'
Renato Sanches will join Manchester United this summer

[FONT=&amp]The Red Devils wanted to sign him last summer before he joined the Bundesliga champions

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...yern-munich-carlo-ancelotti-43m-a7857086.html
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Carlo Ancelotti has revealed there is “a possibility” that Manchester United will sign Renato Sanches from Bayern Munichthis summer – but there is “no way” Arturo Vidal will leave.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Jose Mourinho spoke highly of Sanches when he back United boss last summer and insisted that if he was in charge at the time, the club would not have missed out on signing him to the Bundesliga champions.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The teenager went on to be the one of the stars of the summer, being named the young player of the tournament as Portugal won the European Championships in France.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]However, Sanches has failed to hold down a spot in Bayern’s first team this season, leading to interest from AC Milan and CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge declaring that the player was available for £43m.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“He won't get enough minutes at Bayern, so we're willing to negotiate a loan deal and maybe beyond that,” Rummenigge told Tuttomercatoweb via FourFourTwo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
United starlet Pereira reveals where he will play next season
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“If a club are interested in a Bayern player, they must be ready to deal with significant economic figures. We'll say that it wouldn't be bad if a £43m offer came in for him.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]While Milan were considered the favourites, Mourinho is looking to bring in a new midfielder and with Sanches available, Ancelotti admitted a move could materialise. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Asked about the Old Trafford’s side reported interest in Sanches, he said: “At this time, he’s training with us. We have to make a decision. A move could be a possibility but there is also a chance he could stay with us for the season.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“For Vidal, there is no way [he will move to United]. He’s our player and I have a lot of confidence in him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“I know there are rumours and we’re used to rumours. He’ll stay with us 100 per cent – I’m confident about that.”[/FONT]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will prioritise the DM over anything. From playing pereira in the DM position I think he is trying plan B.

Far fetched this lineup, no?

[FONT=&quot]Manchester United summer transfer targets[/FONT]

3/8 Fabinho - Monaco

[FONT=&amp]An extremely versatile player Mourinho sees him more as a defensive midfielder and could be used to give Paul Pogba, last summer's big addition, more freedom. Monaco aren't in any rush to lose any more first team stars this summer though and are likely to demand a hefty fee. Likelihood: 7/10[/FONT]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nemanja Matic: Man Utd close to signing Chelsea midfielder

_97130033_nemanja_matic_getty_04.jpg

Nemanja Matic was left out of Chelsea's pre-season tour of the Far East by manager Antonio Conte

Manchester United are close to signing Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic from Chelsea for £40m.

Matic, 28, would be United's third summer buy, following £31m defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica and £75m striker Romelu Lukaku from Everton.

Speaking after Sunday's 3-0 pre-season win over Valerenga, United manager Jose Mourinho said: "We are waiting for news. He wants it very much.
"I think we have a chance. Number 31 is a free number."
It will be the second time Mourinho has bought Matic, having signed him for Chelsea.

Mourinho spent £21m in January 2014 to buy the player from Benfica for a second spell at Stamford Bridge.

Matic had been valued at less than £5m in January 2011 when he left Chelsea as a makeweight in the deal for defender David Luiz.
The midfielder scored once in 35 Premier League appearances during Chelsea's title-winning 2016-17 season, but also struck spectacularly in their FA Cup semi-final victory over Tottenham in April. His exit had been expected after the Blues signed France international Tiemoue Bakayoko, 22, from French champions Monaco in a reported £40m deal earlier this month.
Italian champions Juventus were also understood to be keen on Matic.

A new challenge needed for Matic?

Matic rejoined Chelsea midway through the 2013-14 season, when they finished third in the Premier League behind Manchester City and Liverpool. The following season, he was named in the PFA's Premier League team of the year, along with five other Chelsea players.
According to Opta, he averaged nearly four tackles, made more than two interceptions and won eight duels - a 50-50 contest - per 90 minutes in the 2014-15 campaign. However, last season Matic won only 278 duels at an average of 4.77.

While Chelsea team-mate N'Golo Kante made an average of 3.64 tackles per 90 minutes - the fourth-highest in the Premier League behind Liverpool's Jordan Henderson, Leicester's Wilfred Ndidi and Idrissa Gueye of Everton - Matic managed only 1.7.

Analysis
BBC Sport's Simon Stone

Jose Mourinho knew long before he was officially installed as Manchester United manager that the rebuilding work required at Old Trafford was extensive. In his view, the squad had got progressively worse.

When I spoke to him for BBC Sport in Washington last week, Mourinho said he wanted his legacy as United manager to be "leaving a squad in a much, much, much better state than the one I was left". The immediate work included the world record £89m signing of Paul Pogba from Juventus. Too often though, Mourinho had to pick the Frenchman in a much deeper midfield role that was ideal for someone of such attacking intent.

Matic's arrival addresses that problem. A move for Tottenham's Eric Dier was discussed at Old Trafford. The younger England man is an effective player and a United fan. But Spurs have made it their priority this summer to keep their best players.
Matic's position at Chelsea has been weakened by Tiemoue Bakayoko's arrival at Stamford Bridge from Monaco and he wanted a fresh challenge.

Mourinho has signed him once before, and the pair get on. They were keen to work together again, although it was anticipated a deal would have been done before now after Matic was left out of the Chelsea squad for their pre-season tour of the Far East.

It is an obvious move that works for all parties even if the fee, like many in this mad summer, is steep.
To measure the value of it, Matic's performances alone should not be considered.

For, if the Serb's arrival gets the best from Pogba, Mourinho will regard the fee as pretty good value.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Matic is a very good player but I think Mou needs good shooters from outside the perimeter which is one of the keys to breaking down the bus. This will also create the space and allow Lukaku to shine.

Dendonker gives better value but the only problem is he will need time to adapt. After Matic, we'll need two more b4 we can arrive at a setup that is capable of winning trophies and I dun mean the mickey mouse cup or Europa.
There's alot to be excited about where team building is concerned. Adding another striker and aright wing man should complete the job.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Matic is a very good player but I think Mou needs good shooters from outside the perimeter which is one of the keys to breaking down the bus. This will also create the space and allow Lukaku to shine.

Dendonker gives better value but the only problem is he will need time to adapt. After Matic, we'll need two more b4 we can arrive at a setup that is capable of winning trophies and I dun mean the mickey mouse cup or Europa.
There's alot to be excited about where team building is concerned. Adding another striker and aright wing man should complete the job.:biggrin:

After the tantrums by Mourinho I am afraid matic is the last. At least some sales before perisic will arrive which is a shame.

Obviously it's Chelsea deciding that an injured bakayoko is a better player than matic. Rather than matic wanting to leave. Again we are buying a discard.

Again I hope Mourinho blood Fosu. You have a good specimen on hand don't ruin it.

Looks like Fellaini is here to stay haha.

They should sign perisic whatever the price. The way he destroyed Chelsea is impressive.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most United fans are either lukewarm to Matic's arrival or do not want him from the outset. To buy someone who will turned 29 this year and probably way past his best for 40 million pounds is a bit too rich. Granted he is a good player but over the years the player's influence has waned over the years.

There is little to be excited about the players we're getting. This window is one of the worst ever.

I dun think he'll play Fosu as DM anytime soon. I reckon he's a defensive cover at the back. If Mou keeps Fellaini, it maybe for reasons outside the playing field. Perhaps he plays the clown who keeps the morale and team spirit up.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most United fans are either lukewarm to Matic's arrival or do not want him from the outset. To buy someone who will turned 29 this year and probably way past his best for 40 million pounds is a bit too rich. Granted he is a good player but over the years the player's influence has waned over the years.

There is little to be excited about the players we're getting. This window is one of the worst ever.

I dun think he'll play Fosu as DM anytime soon. I reckon he's a defensive cover at the back. If Mou keeps Fellaini, it maybe for reasons outside the playing field. Perhaps he plays the clown who keeps the morale and team spirit up.:biggrin:

To be frank to Fellaini he has his purpose. When he was at Everton he was always the nuisance to opposing teams. It's just how mourinho can bring his usefulness out of him and for Fellaini to accept a squad player role.

Sidelining fosu will force him out and we will probably buy him back few years down the road when he is good. Mourinho likes to play him at RB then we need not Aurier.

Which brings me to the fate of Ashley young. Seems he will have to leave if shaw and blind is ahead of him and Mitchell as well.

Talking about fast forwards whatever happened to James Wilson ? Forgot to suck mourinho' cock and froze out. ? He could be the striker post Ibrahimovic.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank to Fellaini he has his purpose. When he was at Everton he was always the nuisance to opposing teams. It's just how mourinho can bring his usefulness out of him and for Fellaini to accept a squad player role.

Sidelining fosu will force him out and we will probably buy him back few years down the road when he is good. Mourinho likes to play him at RB then we need not Aurier.

Which brings me to the fate of Ashley young. Seems he will have to leave if shaw and blind is ahead of him and Mitchell as well.

Talking about fast forwards whatever happened to James Wilson ? Forgot to suck mourinho' cock and froze out. ? He could be the striker post Ibrahimovic.

In fact, Fellaini had a string of MOM performances (4-5) with Van Gaal, sometime between March to April and thereafter it was downhill most of the time. His physique and unorthodox style of play puts opponents off but at the same time his clownish,clumsy tackles often give them the opportunity to regroup and strike back. United fans have been brutal with their remarks about the player as they're still suffering from that bad hangover when Moyes bought him for 29 million pounds.

I very much doubt if Young would leave or put in a transfer request. United is the best club to be in if you're a family man. It's down to Mou, he'll need to trim the squad before the season's opener.

As for Wilson, Warren Joyce had already said so much about talents like Wilson and Januzaj. Their unwillingness to work up to the next level is their pitfall, a total waste of talent. It's no good having the tools and if you dun put in the hours, you'll simply stagnate and let the opportunity pass. Wilson got married and he was loan out to Brighton. I can tell you for sure he has not improved. It's down to attitude and desire.

Youth academies are expensive investments fraught with uncertain returns. More often than not, you churned out rubbish than raw diamonds. Their priorities and attitudes change over time.

IMO, Fosu has stagnated under Mou. He needs to play and I hope Mou loans him out this season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
4-4-2 with Martial or Perisic on the left and Armenian playing just behind Lukaku will be the strongest. IF Aurier comes, I'd favour the Ivorian ahead of Valencia on the right back. Mitchell or Darmian is good for the left. That would be my ideal XI.