• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Who's racist?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was growing up nobody thought about race,nobody brought up race.because everyone was the same race.my primary School and secondary school was 99.9 percent Chinese.if there was any non chinese,i never noticed.now we are constantly reminded about race and nationality everywhere.were we born racist?or did the world make us racist?or perhaps it was the capitalist,globalist,corporatists and slave traders fault?

Ignorance is bliss.whats wrong with living in ignorance?

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's reckless importing has created this imbalance of nationality and race issue. We will have another 1965 soon.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the old days, china was a backward shit hole.
Then they opened up and became developed and chinamen all over the world suddenly became proud and arrogant.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was growing up nobody thought about race,nobody brought up race.because everyone was the same race.my primary School and secondary school was 99.9 percent Chinese.if there was any non chinese,i never noticed.now we are constantly reminded about race and nationality everywhere.were we born racist?or did the world make us racist?or perhaps it was the capitalist,globalist,corporatists and slave traders fault?

U must be a Indian m&d turd.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thoseadays all you encountered was the smell of coconut oil and thosais, but nowsadays it's the smell of bo and the fuck-upped characteristics of the pundek ft kind that's overpowering and outnumbering our locally-bred muthus and krishnans - you can't ignore that, and neither is it bliss :(

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several reasons I can think of as why Singaporean are more race conscious than before.

Recent events like the race requirements in presidential election serve to highlight the inequality between races.

Activists like Sangeetha bringing in Western liberal concepts like Chinese privilege together with recent events like Shrey's fiasco with his audition in Ah Boys 2 Men serve to constantly highlight the Chinese hegemony in Singapore.

The rapid increase in migrants has hardened the tribalism between locals and foreigners.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It started with a slow but series of events over the last 30 years
- Speak Mandarin campaign - not to allow another Lim Chin Siong to emerge, proven right when Low emerged, politically good for PAP but bad for the country
- Ascendancy of Chinese Language Teacher as a political faction within PAP - again Old Man and PAP hold
- Introduction of HDB racial quotas - again Old Man and PAP hold
- Introduction of GRC - Again Old man and PAP hold
- Introduction of SAP schools - Chinese Language Teachers lobbying and Old Man
- AMP rebelling and winning the right to choose PAP MPs - Mistake by the Malays
- Further entrenchment of race based broadcasting channels - Again Old Man and PAP Hold
- Emergence of fundamentalism within Islam - tudung, moving away from other races when it comes to meals, social events, and what was common interaction points
- Introduction of self-help group along racial lines - Mendaki, Sinda, and CDAC - blames lies with leaders of all communities
- Marginalisation of non-Chinese from key positions in pubic service - not intentional but negligence and poor planing.
- Allowing PRC, Indian Indians and their poor habits into Singapore.

Several reasons I can think of as why Singaporean are more race conscious than before.

Recent events like the race requirements in presidential election serve to highlight the inequality between races.

Activists like Sangeetha bringing in Western liberal concepts like Chinese privilege together with recent events like Shrey's fiasco with his audition in Ah Boys 2 Men serve to constantly highlight the Chinese hegemony in Singapore.

The rapid increase in migrants has hardened the tribalism between locals and foreigners.

Last edited: