• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't kill yourself, for yourself.

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey there. :smile:

In light of recent events*, I guess I just wanted to share this. I am a "J3" but not a senior because I am still studying in Raffles.

I repeated, mainly due to medical reasons. What reasons exactly, you may ask? Well, I was from the o-level track and the transition to Raffles wasn't an easy road. I felt out of place, extremely inferior and nothing I did was good enough. All these, in addition to the already-present conflicted thoughts that I had in my head, contributed to my constant absences from school (in the end I only turned up for less than a quarter of the school year).

Inevitably, staying back was the best option I had. I was apprehensive and worried — will my new class be accepting? and they are. They have played a huge role in my recovery and I am proud to say that I am 98% recovered now. Not once have I regretted the decision to repeat nor am I ashamed of my conditions (mainly depression) because they are the things that mould me into the person I am today.

Recovery is not a linear process and sometimes we will regress, but that doesn't mean that we are unworthy. i have attempted suicide numerous times and yet whenever i was close to my demise, the one thing that I wanted the most was to live. and as I am sitting here typing this, i am glad to be alive.

I am not here to preach or tell you that suicide should not be an option, because for those who contemplate it, suicide seems like the best way out, and it will always be an "attractive" alternative to suffering miserably in life. But if you feel like killing yourself, please, talk to someone first. Wait. Don't do it immediately. And the chances are are that the intention will subside. Remember the times when you happiness seeped into your core and recall the moments when you felt infinite.

More at http://www.domainofexperts.com/2016/09/dont-kill-yourself-for-yourself.html

AncientPieceofPaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could care less about you Syonanto rubbish. The foreign workers can join you all of course.

Syonanto/Shingapore/Singapore/Singapura like you garbage was a big mistake from the very beginning.