• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Civil Serpent Earning 60K Per Annum Turn Jobless PMET at 26!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
26-year-old local PMET struggling with unemployment after attending 5 interviews out of 100 applications

Post Published: 21 June 2017
Author: admin
Found in section: Latest Articles

Dear Gilbert,

I’m a 26-year-old local university arts degree holder with 3.5 years of working experience. I resigned from the public service about 2 months ago as I felt that there were not much learning opportunities and was too stagnant and bureaucratic. I was earning a comfortable salary of about $60k per annum but decided to quit without securing another job as I was confident of my abilities and experience.

Since my resignation, I have applied to close to 100 jobs in the private sector that are related to my degree and were invited to only 4-5 job interviews. Is this normal? Also, I have had no job offers so far even though my asking pay is about 50k per annum, which is more than 10% pay cut.

I have many graduate friends in similar scenarios where they are either working temporary/contract jobs, underpaid, or unsuccessful in seeking alternative employment despite having both relevant education and experience.

Many have resorted to becoming property/insurance agents or just signing on with the various uniformed groups where jobs are easier to get. Do we have too many graduates as a result of the blind paper chase and education system?

Are our jobs being taken by foreign talents? The future seems bleak for young Singaporeans.

Regards,
Jane

Number of View: 230

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Fake news, Jane is spreading fear among young Singaporeans as a matter of fact Jane does not even exist this is a fiction of oppo imagination

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should consider freelancing, wat is $60 k when she can meet n socialize with rich n wealthy n make 30 times more with otj training n no resume needed

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should consider freelancing, wat is $60 k when she can meet n socialize with rich n wealthy n make 30 times more with otj training n no resume needed

Yes I read recently, freelancer from Ukraine says she makes $5K on a bad week in our 1st world Sinkapore.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
stupidity to quit your job before you have any replacement job already lined up. Nobody taught her that? She couldn't figure that out herself?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
stupidity to quit your job before you have any replacement job already lined up. Nobody taught her that? She couldn't figure that out herself?

Thats why I say this is fake news from oppo

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this for real? Which dumb fuck will spend time to write to botak Gilbert Goh for advice when botak himself is jobless and living off people's donations?

IMG_4289.JPG

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fake news, Jane is spreading fear among young Singaporeans as a matter of fact Jane does not even exist this is a fiction of oppo imagination

Typical Civil servant. They have higher then average salary, good Perks, bonuses. Till they step out of the real world. They find that all the news on the papers are bull shit.

To me is that they REALLY do believe their own shit.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Typical Civil servant. They have higher then average salary, good Perks, bonuses. Till they step out of the real world. They find that all the news on the papers are bull shit.

To me is that they REALLY do believe their own shit.

she's lucky to be accepted into pubic service with local arts degree. and then she abandons it as though she's a hot shot. even in sillycon valley with too many jobs chasing too few grads, arts degree holders get dropped in the résumé rubbish bin without a 2nd look. she should craft her background, training, and experience as "data anal-ytics from an artistic perspective".

example: the monthly pattern of client visits to a geylang brothel. red denotes sinkie uncles and black denotes ah neh clientele.

IMG_0224.JPG

Last edited: