• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What happened to Independent.Sg ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nearly all social media depend on events and the 38 Oxley was such an event. Totally unresponsive, poor or weak coverage, lack of timely update. They always have press conferences on changing the world but the focus seems to be around Suresh Nair, his friends and Indians. If one of his friends died, you are bound to get an article.

Mothership which has pro government roots and linkages have been very active, pretty much neutral and constant update of developments. Yahoo has had the best coverage. There was also the occasional deviation for SPH with one the notorious Chua sisters writing something sensible and for the first time she actually claimed that Cherian was her ex-colleagues and sided with his views.

fuckwarezone is always first to run with something but you can see they have no idea what is going on but that it is something important.

At the end it was Facebook that carried the day as it provided links and messages on foreign media reports besides providing the platform for the revelations and exchanges. I wonder if any of this would have made the day if there was no FB and WhatsApp?

And then we have SBF. Seriously I get more inside stuff here than anywhere else plus some good views and insights. So what gives?

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nearly all social media depend on events and the 38 Oxley was such an event. Totally unresponsive, poor or weak coverage, lack of timely update. They always have press conferences on changing the world but the focus seems to be around Suresh Nair, his friends and Indians. If one of his friends died, you are bound to get an article.

Mothership which has pro government roots and linkages have been very active, pretty much neutral and constant update of developments. Yahoo has had the best coverage. There was also the occasional deviation for SPH with one the notorious Chua sisters writing something sensible and for the first time she actually claimed that Cherian was her ex-colleagues and sided with his views.

fuckwarezone is always first to run with something but you can see they have no idea what is going on but that it is something important.

At the end it was Facebook that carried the day as it provided links and messages on foreign media reports besides providing the platform for the revelations and exchanges. I wonder if any of this would have made the day if there was no FB and WhatsApp?

And then we have SBF. Seriously I get more inside stuff here than anywhere else plus some good views and insights. So what gives?

Agreed. SBF is good.....:smile:

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened with Independent.Sg was what happened with SingaporeDaily. All channels eventually fall under the court of the establishment if the operators are within the country. Despite the much vaunted connectiveness of our physical technology infrastructure to the outside world, Singapore remains a walled bonsai garden. Anyone who really wants to read between the lines still has to watch the news on TV, or read the mainstream papers in order to discern what is NOT printed or said. Now that has become the de rigueur, otherwise you'll have to search far and deep for bloggers such as Leong Sze Hian et al to provide the insight.

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually look at these sites:

EDMW : Very fast updates by forumers on Facebook, blog posts. The fastest among all social media platforms. Lots of IBs. Mostly nonsensical comments.

Yahoo : Very insightful commentaries.

TR EMERITUS : Good summary on who has already made their views known. TCB, GMS, KJ, WP's facebook postings can all be found there.

Sammyboy : Very insightful views by a few posters (you know who you are)

Catherine Lim : used to be my favourite. Seems like after Lao Lee's passing, she has lost a sparring partner. Cannot access her blog liao.

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually look at these sites:

EDMW : Very fast updates by forumers on Facebook, blog posts. The fastest among all social media platforms. Lots of IBs. Mostly nonsensical comments.

Yahoo : Very insightful commentaries.

TR EMERITUS : Good summary on who has already made their views known. TCB, GMS, KJ, WP's facebook postings can all be found there.

Sammyboy : Very insightful views by a few posters (you know who you are)

Catherine Lim : used to be my favourite. Seems like after Lao Lee's passing, she has lost a sparring partner. Cannot access her blog liao.

Catherine Lim already said she will no longer talk about politics after ah gong's passing, because her beef was with him.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I missed Yawning bread. If Alex Aw were to pen his view about this familee saga, it will be quite an interesting article to read. He has all along believed that Singapore has no hope under LHL premiership and the only breakup of status quo is thru PAP internal dispute. Never did he know that it was the siblings that started the change. However, Alex has been extremely quiet in his blog for months.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"feed me to the fish" blogger, an avid WP supporter, died while grieving over PAP's unfair treatment towards many CPF holders.