• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious The Feud, The Brother, and Elected Presidency

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Things are starting to come more in focus for me. As we all know, the recent changes to the EP procedures, requiring a Malay to be elected for this next round of the EP was thought by many, including myself, to stymie the bid of Tan Cheng Bok for this position. TCB came close in the last election, but no dice. But TCB is really in my opinion, a PAP stooge and collaborator. he was in the PAP for many years as an MP, and even in their all important CEC. He has never revealed publicly the reasons why he seeked the Presidency. Was it because he was not happy with the PAP? Was it for the money? Was it for the public good? How will he change the way things are in singapore for the better? I expected TCB, if he was allowed to run and if he was elected, to fully comply with all PAP policies as the President, and dutifully rubber stamp whatever the PAP put before his plate.

But what if, just what if, the new law was written not to stymie him, but to stymie Lee Hsien Yang from running? After all, he would meet all the criteria for it. If this round of EP was open to all ethnic groups, he would have won if he had run. But we now know his relationship with his older brother, he is openly hostile to him. If he had been elected as President, there will be no free lunch for the PAP anymore, and they will face a President opposed to them. Any laws that he does not like can be vetoed by him by simply not signing it. He could use his position as President to foil, hinder and harass his brother. he would in effect have some control over his brother. With Wei lIng and Suet Fern behind him, his presidency would provide a strong counter weight to Hsien Loong and his govt. His hatred for his brother will ensure a miserable time for LHL. TCB would never dare do such a thing to LHL if he was elected as President.

SO what if they actually changed the law to make sure the LHY did not qualify on race and run for EP? Once the change has happened, he would have to leave the country anyway. he would have been opened to harrassment from his brother, once his brother found out that he intended to run. No unapproved EP will be allowed to win in Singapore, but LHY's name and experience would make him almost immune from PAP attempts to shut him down. So, instead he will leave the country, rather then face more years of threats and what not, till the next election. Maybe he will come back for the next EP after this one? Most certainly if left alone in Australia to plot his return, he can do what he needs to do without being under constant surveillance. who knows? But I would strongly encourage him to run for the EP at the next earliest opportunity and try and right some of the wrongs that he says his brother has done.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
For a while there I thought you might be on to something.

But then when you started painting TCB as a PAP stooge and how he would never dare do such a thing to LHL if he was elected president.........

So much for all the talk about how TCB taking the case to court lah .....TCB is just a stooge? Seriously?

And really ar? If LHY ran against TCB you would support LHY? Another Familee? So sure he will win?

Sigh.

Ok cue for you to slam and scold me with your vulgarities. At least you got better imagination than RaIders. And you post interesting stuff rather than that cut and paste stooge.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things are starting to come more in focus for me. As we all know, the recent changes to the EP procedures, requiring a Malay to be elected for this next round of the EP was thought by many, including myself, to stymie the bid of Tan Cheng Bok for this position. TCB came close in the last election, but no dice. But TCB is really in my opinion, a PAP stooge and collaborator. he was in the PAP for many years as an MP, and even in their all important CEC. He has never revealed publicly the reasons why he seeked the Presidency. Was it because he was not happy with the PAP? Was it for the money? Was it for the public good? How will he change the way things are in singapore for the better? I expected TCB, if he was allowed to run and if he was elected, to fully comply with all PAP policies as the President, and dutifully rubber stamp whatever the PAP put before his plate.

But what if, just what if, the new law was written not to stymie him, but to stymie Lee Hsien Yang from running? After all, he would meet all the criteria for it. If this round of EP was open to all ethnic groups, he would have won if he had run. But we now know his relationship with his older brother, he is openly hostile to him. If he had been elected as President, there will be no free lunch for the PAP anymore, and they will face a President opposed to them. Any laws that he does not like can be vetoed by him by simply not signing it. He could use his position as President to foil, hinder and harass his brother. he would in effect have some control over his brother. With Wei lIng and Suet Fern behind him, his presidency would provide a strong counter weight to Hsien Loong and his govt. His hatred for his brother will ensure a miserable time for LHL. TCB would never dare do such a thing to LHL if he was elected as President.

SO what if they actually changed the law to make sure the LHY did not qualify on race and run for EP? Once the change has happened, he would have to leave the country anyway. he would have been opened to harrassment from his brother, once his brother found out that he intended to run. No unapproved EP will be allowed to win in Singapore, but LHY's name and experience would make him almost immune from PAP attempts to shut him down. So, instead he will leave the country, rather then face more years of threats and what not, till the next election. Maybe he will come back for the next EP after this one? Most certainly if left alone in Australia to plot his return, he can do what he needs to do without being under constant surveillance. who knows? But I would strongly encourage him to run for the EP at the next earliest opportunity and try and right some of the wrongs that he says his brother has done.

What about the residency requirment?
Resident in Singapore during the past ten years?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But then when you started painting TCB as a PAP stooge and how he would never dare do such a thing to LHL if he was elected president.........

So much for all the talk about how TCB taking the case to court lah .....TCB is just a stooge? Seriously?

And really ar? If LHY ran against TCB you would support LHY? Another Familee? So sure he will win?

Sigh.

Ok cue for you to slam and scold me with your vulgarities. At least you got better imagination than RaIders. And you post interesting stuff rather than that cut and paste stooge.

among the pap lau jiao, there are many pap stooges. they are still pappies at heart no matter who's in charge of the pap hierarchy for now. there are those who swore allegiance to loong, and they are those who see loong no up. some of them cum here to kpkb about loong. they still think it is a party as though there are many elders doing a kumbaya song and dance like the jedi. unfortunately they don't understand that the pap, papa and successor relationship is like the sith. one sith lord, one apprentice. nothing more. rest are fodder and grasslooters. all those pappie sith-lord wannabes who are marginalized and do not get a chance to be apprentice, they can suck eggs and shake legs. this chee bye (tcb) is one of them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
among the pap lau jiao, there are many pap stooges. they are still pappies at heart no matter who's in charge of the pap hierarchy for now. there are those who swore allegiance to loong, and they are those who see loong no up. some of them cum here to kpkb about loong. they still think it is a party as though there are many elders doing a kumbaya song and dance like the jedi. unfortunately they don't understand that the pap, papa and successor relationship is like the sith. one sith lord, one apprentice. nothing more. rest are fodder and grasslooters. all those pappie sith-lord wannabes who are marginalized and do not get a chance to be apprentice, they can suck eggs and shake legs. this chee bye (tcb) is one of them.

TCB to me has not even come close to revealing his discontent with the PAP, nor even given a believable reason for doing what he is doing. He is just a stooge. I don't for one minute believe that he has been marginalized. More likely he is the PAP mole among the Oppo.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What about the residency requirment?
Resident in Singapore during the past ten years?

Hsien Yang meets this requirement even if he has been away for 4 years in Aussieland and comes back to run. The residency requirement does not say must be a resident during the past ten years. It says that on aggregate, he has to be a resident for at least 10 years. He has more then fulfilled this as he has not been a resident anywhere else.

He or she must be resident in Singapore at the date of his or her nomination for election and must have been so resident for periods amounting in the aggregate to not less than 10 years prior to that date.
[SUP][10][/SUP]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Sigh.

U are a fake and an asshole, and that is why u are being scolded. If I called u an asshole, then that is because u are one.

TCB ran a close race against Tony Tan. But he is under the control of the PAP. He is a stooge. Either way, whether TT or TB wins, the PAP wins because they control both persons. It was a smart move on the part of the PAP to parachute TCB in there to run as a president and give the voters a faux alternative to a PAP supported candidate. Every one knows that TT is the PAP's choice. But they were not told that TCB was also the secret choice. So many voted for TCB assuming that he is a real oppo alternative to the PAP's candidate. But actually the PAP wins either way.

Regarding TCB challenging the law about ethnic Presidents. Everyone and their dog knows that he will lose that challenge. The PAP know there is a lot of dissatisfaction over this law. They try to take some steam off the resentment by having TCB challenge it, knowing that he will lose the challenge. But at least the voters will see that something was done about it, and they might be quieten down even though the outcome was not in their favour. TCB is just running interference for the PAP. LHY will do no such thing if he wins.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gahmen will cleverly engineer the next EP elections to only 1 available and suitable candidate thus eliminating the actual need for an election.
All other "prospective" Malay candidates as at now are all for show and stooges and will eventually back out before polling day.

The clear danger of having an actual election allows voters to silently protest by spoiling their votes.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rather than lhy, maybe the target was lwl. She might have gotten so riled up she'll stand against halimah.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hsien Yang meets this requirement even if he has been away for 4 years in Aussieland and comes back to run. The residency requirement does not say must be a resident during the past ten years. It says that on aggregate, he has to be a resident for at least 10 years. He has more then fulfilled this as he has not been a resident anywhere else.

He or she must be resident in Singapore at the date of his or her nomination for election and must have been so resident for periods amounting in the aggregate to not less than 10 years prior to that date.
[SUP][10][/SUP]

Silliest thing I ever heard! Next President of course is reserved for Eurasians. And only if Hari maa not running for reelection. Go easy on the beedi lah!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Rather than lhy, maybe the target was lwl. She might have gotten so riled up she'll stand against halimah.

Maybe. But I am not sure the enterprise she runs in the hospital is big enough to qualify. But yang, having run Singtel and F & N for sure will qualify.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Silliest thing I ever heard! Next President of course is reserved for Eurasians. And only if Hari maa not running for reelection. Go easy on the beedi lah!

Eurasians are not recognized as a group. Look it up. They are lump in with Indians and Others.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Anyone who has interacted with LHY would know that he would never get involved in the local political scene, GE, PE, or otherwise.

Yes, that is true. But Presidency is not really a political position as written up in the Constitution. In fact, you cannot be a member of any political party if you are the president, that is why Tony had to quit the PAP in order to run. Its a lot of wining and dining and meeting dignitaries and traveling etc. Things that Hsien yang likes to to do anyway. And he gets paid very well for it. If he wanted the govt to buy him a Ferrari to race around the Istana ground, they will do it. what is there not to like about being a President? The only part that is different is that he will not rubber stamp any laws for the PAP and he might order an accounting of the national reserves. Both things can be done and still put in a couple of rounds of golf.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, that is true. But Presidency is not really a political position as written up in the Constitution. In fact, you cannot be a member of any political party if you are the president, that is why Tony had to quit the PAP in order to run. Its a lot of wining and dining and meeting dignitaries and traveling etc. Things that Hsien yang likes to to do anyway. And he gets paid very well for it. If he wanted the govt to buy him a Ferrari to race around the Istana ground, they will do it. what is there not to like about being a President? The only part that is different is that he will not rubber stamp any laws for the PAP and he might order an accounting of the national reserves. Both things can be done and still put in a couple of rounds of golf.

Here I thought you had enough of more lees holding public office.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[SUP][10][/SUP]

Thank you for the clarification.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe. But I am not sure the enterprise she runs in the hospital is big enough to qualify. But yang, having run Singtel and F & N for sure will qualify.

please lah. as head of civil aviation he can't even get wi-fi to work smoothly in changi. what an incompetent jiakliaobi.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the family feud a wayang to distract from the more important forthcoming melayu prez issue?