• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Lee Hsien Yang's FB posting one hour ago:
We have serious concerns with Lee Hsien Loong’s attempt to cover-up and whitewash himself in Parliament on 3 July 2017. We have begun to show evidence of his misuse of his position and influence to drive his personal agenda. This is yet another example.

Dear Yang,

I'm heartened to note you've read my question in post#1041 in this thread and helped illuminate this rather dull brain of mine :smile::smile::smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's post is the clearest indication that LHY is prepared to go the distance and that he has more damaging materials. It has gone past the situation where both sides can reach a compromise.

The PM can continue along the present course and pay dearly damaging his party and him. I don't see PAP however losing control but he will certainly will become a leper in the eyes of many.

On the other hand, he can make it all go away with a bit of bruising and some loss of political capital by getting an independent party to determine what Old Man wanted. I am sure the Independent party will come to only one conclusion - demolish. He does even need to ask his siblings. Is the current bleeding worth retaining the house? I doubt if it is demolished, the siblings will continue on the current path. He can also evade going into abuse of office and HC matter.

One wonder what kind of generals we have when this guy does seem smart on the strategy.

Lee Hsien Yang's FB posting one hour ago:

We have serious concerns with Lee Hsien Loong’s attempt to cover-up and whitewash himself in Parliament on 3 July 2017. We have begun to show evidence of his misuse of his position and influence to drive his personal agenda. This is yet another example.

This Parliamentary session is a forum that again places Hsien Loong before his subordinates. They lack both sufficient background and evidence of the numerous instances of abuse and conflicts of interest, many yet to be raised. Even before the session, many of them appear to have felt obliged to give him cover. Many MPs will fear career repercussions if they speak out against their superior. Historically, few PAP MPs have dared to dissent even when the party whip was lifted.

There will be no opportunity or adequate time for evidence to be properly drawn together, placed before Parliament, and considered. Nor will there be any opportunity for an examining body to properly probe explanations or excuses. A Parliamentary session is not the correct forum for investigations of this nature.

We have no confidence that a fair, transparent or complete account of events will be told: only his side of the story will air, with no promise of truthfulness due to parliamentary privilege. Indeed, it could also be an opportunity to continue to mislead or insinuate under this privilege.

We believe that key issues such as his abuse of power will be simply swept under the carpet. The accused controls both process and outcome in this forum.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The father operated very differently - he would not do this blatantly. This makes a mockery of the entire Civil Service and PSC. The son just does not have the smarts or the guile.

Never mind the appointees (Janadas or the Chua sisters etc), it should be quite obvious by now that every government or quasi-government institution in Singapore is a political appendage of the ruling party. As I have stated before in a different context, the whole of Singapore belongs to the PAP; including NTUC. Independence is a fiction!:rolleyes:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The father operated very differently - he would not do this blatantly. This makes a mockery of the entire Civil Service and PSC. The son just does not have the smarts or the guile.

was told he had better Grades in schools and after ...

:confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Hsien_Yang

Education

Lee HY was awarded the President's Scholarship and the Singapore Armed Forces Overseas Scholarship[3] by the Public Service Commission after finishing his secondary education at Catholic High School[4] and pre-university education at National Junior College.[citation needed] He graduated from the University of Cambridge with a double first in engineering science and holds a Master of Science in management from Stanford University.[3]

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Today's post is the clearest indication that LHY is prepared to go the distance and that he has more damaging materials. It has gone past the situation where both sides can reach a compromise.

The PM can continue along the present course and pay dearly damaging his party and him. I don't see PAP however losing control but he will certainly will become a leper in the eyes of many.

On the other hand, he can make it all go away with a bit of bruising and some loss of political capital by getting an independent party to determine what Old Man wanted. I am sure the Independent party will come to only one conclusion - demolish. He does even need to ask his siblings. Is the current bleeding worth retaining the house? I doubt if it is demolished, the siblings will continue on the current path. He can also evade going into abuse of office and HC matter.

One wonder what kind of generals we have when this guy does seem smart on the strategy.

Hopefully,

1) LHL is dumb enough to stand his ground and push his sibling to the edge

2) LHY does have incriminating evidence on other more important issues

3) Singaporeans believe LHY when he comes out with the evidence

You need all 3 to happen to make any impact.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Dr Thum Ping Tjin fellas is in a class of his own - no horse to run :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thum_Ping_Tjin

Biography

PJ was born on 17 December 1979 in Singapore. he received his early education at five of the Anglo-Chinese Schools. At the age of 16, he went to Harvard College. He graduated from Harvard in the year 2000 with a bachelor's degree in East Asian Studies.

Thum has participated in the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta as a member of the Singapore national swimming team. That same year, he was awarded the Sportsboy of the Year award by the Singapore Sports Council.

As a Rhodes Scholar he attended Hertford College at the University of Oxford, reading for a second bachelor's degree in Modern History and Politics. At both institutions he was an integral part of the swimming program.

He was Captain of the Oxford University Swimming Team and earned two Blues.

Thum retired in 2002 from representing his country but continued to represent the University of Oxford. His younger brother, Thum Bingming, is also a member of the Singapore national swimming team, as well as a Member of the Cornell University Men's Varsity swim team.

In early 2005, PJ was a teacher at Anglo-Chinese School (International) in Singapore. This makes him the only person to have been a student or teacher at every single Anglo-Chinese School.

PJ later returned to Oxford on a Commonwealth Scholarship, where he completed a DPhil in Modern History at Hertford College. From 2006 to 2007, he was also a Frewin Warden at Brasenose College.
From 2012 to 2014, PJ Thum was a Research Fellow at the Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore.[1]

Since 2014, PJ is a Research Associate at the Centre for Global History, University of Oxford; a Fellow of Green Templeton College; and co-ordinator of Project Southeast Asia, an initiative of the University of Oxford to expand its range of scholarly expertise on Southeast Asia.[2]

In 2015, PJ was elected as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
.[3]

images

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This idiot should get advice from Thum. Latter is not only more intelligent but he is surely more honest than the entire cabinet and all the 'whites' in Parliament. Compare Thum to Kee Chiu, Swee Say, Khaw and Hng Kiang.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow

This is by far THE BEST commentary of the 38Oxley saga. Very thoughtful and honest comments (I agree with everything he said except his optimism about sinkarpor future)

Dr Thum is really a rising star. Hope to see more of him

Absolutely agree. For sure this guy will not be a 'Sia suay' to S'pore. No need President scholar or OMS to lead S'pore and our civil service.

Enough of these morons! If only we have more of Thum's calibre as ministers and Perm Secs. Even our Head Civil Service can't smell Thum's backside.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Absolutely agree. For sure this guy will not be a 'Sia suay' to S'pore. No need President scholar or OMS to lead S'pore and our civil service.

Enough of these morons! If only we have more of Thum's calibre as ministers and Perm Secs. Even our Head Civil Service can't smell Thum's backside.

Really good to see a young intelligent sinkie who isn't on the dark side. In the post Lky era, his role as an independent socio-political analyst will be more important for us.

My only advice to him is not to dress up like a banker in future appearances. He has enough substance to be taken seriously

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow

This is by far THE BEST commentary of the 38Oxley saga. Very thoughtful and honest comments (I agree with everything he said except his optimism about sinkarpor future)

Dr Thum is really a rising star. Hope to see more of him

Cabinet posting no problem. Now for Yang and Ling to decide :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other rising star is Ivy singh lim. I don't agree with all her views but her heart is in the right place. A true blue, salt of the earth sinkie auntie. Hope to see her really lose her cool one day instead of holding back so much. It'll be hilarious

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ling & Yang 's Supporters slowly stepping forward ... :eek:

Yeah i'm sure there'll be supporters.

But their end game isn't to bring down the PM. They just want to sia suay him and his greedy wife

I hope their supporters know what they are getting into

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They damaged the whole democratic process that people with talent have no intention to be involved. I am told that Thum has no interest becoming politician though his work and interest is in Singapore politics. What you end up with are under-performers and charlatans. Even smart chaps have lost their morels and values. Shanmugam is a first class honours in Law yet he behaves like he was picked from RC and grassroots lot. Grace Fu would not even get a job as Metro Dept Store Manager is on cabinet. Have you heard of one sensible thing that she has done or said?

This idiot should get advice from Thum. Latter is not only more intelligent but he is surely more honest than the entire cabinet and all the 'whites' in Parliament. Compare Thum to Kee Chiu, Swee Say, Khaw and Hng Kiang.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. We need Singaporeans to pick up from her. If she stood as MP, I assure she would do well.

The other rising star is Ivy singh lim. I don't agree with all her views but her heart is in the right place. A true blue, salt of the earth sinkie auntie. Hope to see her really lose her cool one day instead of holding back so much. It'll be hilarious

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
As Dr Thum said, there is an entire network of Lee related people within the political system and the offices of power in Singapore. Even if you bring one man down eg LHL, eg PAP lose power there will be his supporters with power in the courts, in the civil service. Unless all those Lee related families become disloyal and turn against the Lee family then you can have change. Even if change comes about it will take a long time.

I do agree about the crackdowns and chaos that might ensue. I disagree that Singapore will have a good outcome afterwards.

It is either more of the same and a slow painful death of Singapore or a sudden disintegration and utter collapse.