• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious gosh TP Mata up lorried near Mustafa

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic police officer dies in accident in Serangoon Road

bike.jpg

photo6161061570738759622.jpg

SINGAPORE - A traffic police officer died in a traffic accident on Thursday (June 1) morning, police said.

Staff Sergeant Nadzrie Matin, 29, was involved in an accident along Serangoon Road at about 10.40am while he was performing traffic patrol duties.

He was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital where he subsequently died from his injuries, police said.

Staff Sergeant Nadzrie joined the Singapore Police Force in 2009 and was posted to the Traffic Police after he completed his training.

Commissioner of Police Hoong Wee Teck expressed his deepest condolences to the family: "I am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Staff Sergeant Nadzrie. He was a dedicated and well-liked officer. We will do everything possible to assist his family during this difficult period."

18814246_1903952426558901_6348966621154923119_n.jpg

Staff Sergeant Nadzrie Matin died in a road accident this morning while he was on traffic patrol duty. We salute SSG Nadzrie Matin and grieve with his family.
He was 29. He joined Singapore Police Force in 2009 and served in traffic police.
I am sad by Nadzrie's tragic passing. I visited his family this evening to convey my deepest condolences.
No words can adequately console. But I hope it will lighten the family's burden knowing that Nadzrie was an outstanding, dedicated police officer, well-liked and respected by his commanders and peers.
He has served SPF well. We are proud of him and will miss him.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.
Semoga roh Allahyarham Nadzrie Matin dicucuri rahmat dan ditempatkan di kalangan orang-orang yang beriman dan ahli syurga.

Al-Fateha.

The police appealed to members of the public not to circulate videos or images of the dead man out of respect for his family.

Earlier on Thursday, videos and photos showed a traffic police motorcycle lying on a grass patch, and a uniformed man lying nearby.

Paramedics appeared to be performing chest compression rescue on him.

The 52-year-old driver of the vehicle involved in the accident, said to be a van, has been arrested for a negligent act causing death.

Investigations are currently ongoing, police said.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually why mata chose to be TP

it is a very demanding and risky job

kena hot sun and wet weather

later retire tio skin cancer

risky like fark

driving patrol or highway mata much safer

Say until machiam hero.
Most only know how to bully motorists
Most of the time ride one hr on the road then Lim Kopi all the way.
Lapdogs who cause traffic jams to open road for pappies to travel Like royalty.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pretty rare nowadays to see a bike cop on the roads. One will usually see those LTA officers on their smaller bikes.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pretty rare nowadays to see a bike cop on the roads. One will usually see those LTA officers on their smaller bikes.

Official LTA cops are seconded from the Traffic Police of the SPF. They are riding Honda VFR 800P models and they don't wear the riding jackets of the Traffic Department Mobile Squad officers, only the long sleeve white upper uniform.

The smaller bikes are from Aetos or Cisco who respond and assist the Traffic Police. Have you noticed these auxiliaries never even gestured at you for any road infringements other than parking enforcement and road marshalling? It is because they have been forewarned by their management that one report of doing something out of their jurisdiction is an immediate sacking.

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another sad day for the Malay community. Singapore should give more thanks to the Malays for being in the direct line of fire when it comes to national and internal security.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The late Traffic officer was riding a Yamaha XJ900. Judging from the photo, he was rear ended and went into the open space where he crashed and the momentum threw him ahead of the bike where he landed on his head and breaking his neck paralyzing him instantly. It could have also neck arterial bursting hence the profuse flow of blood. He stood no chance. May he rest in peace. The last Traffic motorcycle cop killed was more than 25 years ago. He was from the former ROV and was hit by a truck. Before him 5 years earlier was a VSC Sergeant from the Special Team who was impaled on the road divider railing at Thomson Road outside the Old Police Academy

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
When you ride a motorcycle your legs protect the motorcycle. There is no such thing a crash safety tests for motorcycles.

Studies have also shown that if you ride a motorcycle your risk of mortality is higher than if you smoke cigarettes.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
np_20170602_mmcrash02-6aj_1565010.jpg

The van involved in the crash that killed Staff Sergeant Nadzrie Matin (above) in Serangoon Road at 10.40am yesterday. The driver was arrested. PHOTOS: FACEBOOK/ABDUL KHALID

np_20170602_mmcrash02-2cd_15650972.jpg

The van (above) involved in the crash that killed Staff Sergeant Nadzrie Matin in Serangoon Road at 10.40am yesterday. The driver was arrested. PHOTOS: STOMP

Traffic Police officer killed in accident with van was avid biker

A Traffic Police officer who was killed in an accident yesterday was an avid biker and once rode to Thailand, said a former colleague.

Staff Sergeant Nadzrie Matin, 29, had been married for three years and died in the line of duty, said the police.

His motorcycle is believed to have collided with a van on Serangoon Road in Little India at 10.40am, in front of Zaman Centre, near Angullia Mosque.

A 52-year-old driver was arrested for a negligent act causing death. Investigations are ongoing.

Staff Sgt Nadzrie joined the Singapore Police Force in 2009 and was posted to the Traffic Police after completing his training.

His former colleague, Mr Wandi S. Kamsani, 31, told The New Paper that Staff Sgt Nadzrie was a safe rider and was an avid fan of US motorcycle racer Nicky Hayden, who died on May 22 after a traffic accident in Italy.

He said: "(Staff Sgt Nadzrie) loved his wife and family. I will miss his jokes and jovial attitude. He cared for those who worked alongside him."

A doctor and five nurses from Farrer Park Hospital nearby rushed to the scene when a member of the public ran into the hospital to tell them about the accident.

A hospital spokesman told TNP that they had administered cardiopulmonary resuscitation on Staff Sgt Nadzrie as his pulse was weak.

He was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he died from his injuries.

When TNP arrived at the scene, a Traffic Police motorcycle was lying about 50m from a pool of blood.Debris littered the area.

A shop assistant, who wanted to be known only as Miss Humiora, 26, said: "I heard a loud sound while I was at the cash register. When I came out, I saw an officer lying face down in a pool of blood in the field."

A sales assistant from another shop, Mr Zakir Hussain, 33, said his brother, who was in the shop, called the police.

A video clip showed the unconscious officer being tended to by police officers and onlookers at the scene. They were removing his helmet and vest.

Commissioner of Police Hoong Wee Teck said: "I am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Staff Sgt Nadzrie.

"He was a dedicated and well-liked officer. We will do everything possible to assist his family during this difficult period."

The police have appealed to members of the public to not circulate photos and videos of the officer out of respect for his family.

[email protected]

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pic below is screen captured form GOOGLE STREET VIEW, I just did it 10 mins ago.
0e708b477b.jpg

from these 3 photos above, you can piece out all the puzzle already.

Black van got left side damaged, so TP bike had impact on that side, lost control at Kinta Road / Serangoon Road junction, went over the side walk hit the yellow sign board with "CENTRIUM SQUARE =>>" and TP fell off bike.

The collapsed sign board and the wooden pole (behind near shoe of policeman standing) mounting it is seen near where TP lay unconscious.

HIS NECK WAS CUT BY THE YELLOW SIGN BOARD PLYWOOD!

That was what had killed him!

"CENTRIUM SQUARE =>>" JINXED!

TP bike was ridding on left most lane of Serangoon Road, the black van on the TP's right, they had an impact, hitting left side of van and right side of TP bike, so TP bike lost control dashing towards left side, went over the side walk, hit the FATAL SIGN BOARD of "CENTRIUM SQUARE =>>" and TP & Bike fell on the empty grass patch area.

NOTHING ELSE AT THE Scene could have cut the TP's neck so badly not even his bike.

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Outpouring of grief over death of well-liked officer; driver of van arrested for negligent act

The death of a 29-year-old Traffic Police officer in the line of duty yesterday has led to an outpouring of grief - with about 100 of his friends changing their Facebook profile photos to show a horizontal blue stripe across a black-and-white Singapore flag or black background.

Staff Sergeant Nadzrie Matin, who joined the force in 2009, was involved in a traffic accident along Serangoon Road, near Kinta Road, at about 10.40am while on patrol on a Traffic Police motorcycle.

A 52-year-old driver of a vehicle involved in the accident - said to be a black van - has been arrested for a negligent act causing death.

It is not clear if Staff Sergeant Nadzrie's motorcycle hit the van or something else while trying to avoid it, but it is believed that he was thrown off his vehicle upon impact.

Police did not give further details of how the accident happened, and said investigations are ongoing.

The officer was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he later died of his injuries, police said.

Commissioner of Police Hoong Wee Teck expressed his condolences to the family.

"I am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Staff Sergeant Nadzrie. He was a dedicated and well-liked officer. We will do everything possible to assist his family during this difficult period," he said.

Videos and photos which were posted online showed a Traffic Police motorcycle on a grass patch, with a uniformed man lying nearby. There was a pool of blood near his head. Paramedics appeared to be performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on him, as more than 20 people looked on.

Staff Sergeant Nadzrie's friends and the police appealed to members of the public not to circulate videos or images of the dead man out of respect for his family.

On Facebook, his friends expressed their condolences, with several citing his badge number - T09574. A former colleague, known as Najelin Ip on Facebook, wrote in a post: "Although I did not know you well at our ex-division, knowing you was a great pleasure because you... were sincere and, of course, the laughter in the team.

"Today, when I heard the news, I could not hold back my tears as it had happened so suddenly."

Parliamentary Secretary for Home Affairs Amrin Amin wrote in a Facebook post that he had visited the officer's family yesterday evening. "We salute (him) and grieve with his family... No words can adequately console. But I hope it will lighten the family's burden knowing that Nadzrie was an outstanding, dedicated police officer, well-liked and respected by his commanders and peers."

The last time that a Traffic Police officer died in the line of duty is believed to be in 2005, when volunteer special constable Seah Ben Hur was killed by a tipper truck which failed to stop at a routine police road block.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Property Developer and or Property Agengcy who put up the illegel signage board Must be
prosecuted .

Boss 1 must be kept informed of this new finding .

Thank you Tun .

Pic below is screen captured form GOOGLE STREET VIEW, I just did it 10 mins ago.
0e708b477b.jpg

from these 3 photos above, you can piece out all the puzzle already.

Black van got left side damaged, so TP bike had impact on that side, lost control at Kinta Road / Serangoon Road junction, went over the side walk hit the yellow sign board with "CENTRIUM SQUARE =>>" and TP fell off bike.

The collapsed sign board and the wooden pole mounting it is seen near where TP lay unconscious.

HIS NECK WAS CUT BY THE YELLOW SIGN BOARD PLYWOOD!

That was what had killed him!

"CENTRIUM SQUARE =>>" JINXED!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a few inches of road curb, when TP bike went over it, the TP could had been throw apart (dismounted) from his bike and fly towards the sign board already. Sign board was upright mounted on the left of sidewalk, the TP bad luck fell landed on it with his neck over the edge of sign board, otherwise he could had survived with relatively light injury. He was full of protective gears, helmets, gloves, jacket, boots etc, everywhere protected except his neck! Bad luck!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a few inches of road curb, when TP bike went over it, the TP could had been throw apart (dismounted) from his bike and fly towards the sign board already. Sign board was upright mounted on the left of sidewalk, the TP bad luck fell landed on it with his neck over the edge of sign board, otherwise he could had survived with relatively light injury. He was full of protective gears, helmets, gloves, jacket, boots etc, everywhere protected except his neck! Bad luck!

how come the Building Control , BCA, allow all types of of illegal signages all over the island ???

and danger ones at that.

The property developer and real estate agency and agents for Centrium Square

must be prosecuted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-02-12-54-48_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-02-12-54-48_1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,362