• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore Stock Exchange Is In Trouble

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quite a pain to see LHL's mismanagement of our country everyday. The social stresses are there but the PAP government just refuse to acknowledge its existence.

The stresses arise mainly from the financial burden imposed upon Singaporeans by the government. We see old folks working in their 80s, negative population growth among locals, rude and ungracious social behavior, suicide, depression etc. The root cause are the PAP...

agree.....

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know if Spore will eventually collapse but I have already taken the precaution of divesting from Spore. Other than my home, some Singtel shares & what is in my CPF, $ in my bank account, my $ is invested in Malaysia & the US. All these steps were taken in preparation for when I decide to emigrate but also protects me if Spore collapses.

The ringgit might be weak but I have more faith in the companies there & I am re-investing some of the dividends I am getting from Malaysia. Same with the USD dividends that I am getting from my US investments.

Investing is a life long pursuit & doesn't stop even if you have made your millions :smile:

u r a wise man

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
where did the foreigners get the data from?
If you're implying that they got it from the untrustworthy PAP government, then you should also blame them for trusting the PAP government, right? :wink:
Furthermore, that would imply that they also should not be trusted, since they have been trusting untrustworthy governments, such as the PAP government, right? :wink:

But obviously, the much more important question should be, who should we trust? :confused:
YOU? :eek: :*: :rolleyes:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're implying that they got it from the untrustworthy PAP government, then you should also blame them for trusting the PAP government, right? :wink:
Furthermore, that would imply that they also should not be trusted, since they have been trusting untrustworthy governments, such as the PAP government, right? :wink:

But obviously, the much more important question should be, who should we trust? :confused:
YOU? :eek: :*: :rolleyes:

the data came from the govt and if the data are not totally true, then the govt is the main culprit. everyone expects the truth and nothing but the whole truth from a govt ie the official data.

simple logic. no need to dispute

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope this helps to clear the air what is happening. Companies delisting in a down turn means that they know that it is undervalued and they can buy up their own shares cheaply. It means they pocket all the profits which are the dividends. When the market picks up, they will float their company again (IPO) and make a second killing. Listing in another market is to snare to a new group of naive people who have no background. This used to be frown but many business which are controlled by an individual or by a family tend to do this as they have inside of what the company is worth. In the past these companies were the favourite of mom and pops who like to play penny stocks.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope this helps to clear the air what is happening. Companies delisting in a down turn means that they know that it is undervalued and they can buy up their own shares cheaply. It means they pocket all the profits which are the dividends. When the market picks up, they will float their company again (IPO) and make a second killing. Listing in another market is to snare to a new group of naive people who have no background. This used to be frown but many business which are controlled by an individual or by a family tend to do this as they have inside of what the company is worth. In the past these companies were the favourite of mom and pops who like to play penny stocks.

This is true for some companies. But NOL does not fall into this category. So is SMRT. There are some companies which just fold up because of bad business

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do u disagree that SG share market is not doing well?

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
how does bringing back the lunch hour solve the problem?

some problems are:

1. The quarterly reporting requirement is a burden
2. The lack of liquidity affects trading
3. Penny stocks are killing the trading
4. Companies are not doing well
5. Lower dividends

Then u got any stock market to recoomend? Something similar like how the BB operate here in sgx? :(

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
ckmpd, you know after a while people really get sick of all this complaining and mudslinging and in sinkie lingo kow pei kow bu (kpkb).

There is only so much of that which people can take.

before long they will ask, so do what? And mind you they are not asking you what they should do. They are asking YOU to do something else.

I know I know you keep saying posting here is to "reveal" the truth to Singaporeans and all that jazz. But really it has been more than a decade of people posting the same things already. What you are doing is absolutely nothing new. And the results have been the same. Either people continue to vote PAP or they migrate or they shut up.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ckmpd, you know after a while people really get sick of all this complaining and mudslinging and in sinkie lingo kow pei kow bu (kpkb).

before long they will ask, so do what? And mind you they are not asking you what they should do. They are asking YOU to do something else.

I know I know you keep saying posting here is to "reveal" the truth to Singaporeans and all that jazz. But really it has been more than a decade of people posting the same things already. What you are doing is absolutely nothing new. And the results have been the same. Either people continue to vote PAP or they migrate or they shut up.

it's understandable. her moniker "ckmpd" stands for constantly kow momma pappa daily. otherwise, she will use the other moniker "tracy" - talk rot and confuse you.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not jazz sir, only blues. :(

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following public listed companies have chosen to delist from the SG Stock Exchange in the last two years:

This works out to be 28 companies per year. This is serious, 5 public listed companies delisting every two months. They include solid blue chips like NOL, Kep Land, SMRT. PAP and SGX attempt to downplay the seriousness of SG's economic problems.

If pap continues to "helicopter" its people into top management, it is a matter of time before we see solid SG companies like SIA, Kep Corp, Semb Marine, etc getting delisted.

In contrast only 29 companies were listed for the last 2 lacklustre years. These are mainly small listed companies.

In layman's terms, it is like a shopping mall losing 56 anchor tenants like Robinsons, Giant Supermarket etc and is only able to attract 29 small retailers like Old Chang Kee, Body Shop, 7 Eleven. Can such a shopping mall survive?

Can SGX survive well when NOL, Kep Land, SMRT delist and are replaced by Manulife US Reit, Frasers Logistics & Industrial Trust, EC World Reit?

The writing is clear on the wall and many remisiers have left