• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore Stock Exchange Is In Trouble

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Agree with you that SG may in need of cash.

That's why we need a new govt to check what's left in the coffers

The moment a new govt comes in, they will find out the truth. Now what the new govt does is crucial.

if they reveal the truth, Singapore will collapse within a month. If they are smart they will not say anything and carry on. Any move to ask for more straight cash like issuing govt bonds will show weakness and cause a similar loss of confidence.

So you cannot win. Either you get a new govt stupid enough to reveal Singapore is broke and cause disaster or more of the same from PAP-style governance.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG used to be fourth or fifth behind these big three and Tokyo. Now Shanghai is coming up strongly and SG may continue to decline and drop in the rankings

Why you worry? Sinkieland will do well as a laundry hub for dirty money from criminals that are in billions. Some of these dirty money cannot go elsewhere and only Sinkieland can take and protect them. That's why sinkieland spends so much on defense.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sell SGX? Dont joke! PAP wants to buy ASX for SGX to make it a super Exchange

Dumb pappies. Should have explored buying one of those east asian up and coming exchanges. They want to buy asx because they still think amdk or pappies have too much money put down under.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with you that SG may in need of cash.

That's why we need a new govt to check what's left in the coffers

Once checked all malaysians will return home to work as there will not be competitive advantage between sgd and ringgit.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nobody wants to use sgx,their software and hardware is a piece of shit,and most singapore stockbrokers suck donkey balls,sky high fees and terrible platforms,CDP is a piece of crap,not to mention market cap is small as peanuts.even hong kong stock exchange is 4 or 5 times bigger than SGX,

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment a new govt comes in, they will find out the truth. Now what the new govt does is crucial.

if they reveal the truth, Singapore will collapse within a month. If they are smart they will not say anything and carry on. Any move to ask for more straight cash like issuing govt bonds will show weakness and cause a similar loss of confidence.

So you cannot win. Either you get a new govt stupid enough to reveal Singapore is broke and cause disaster or more of the same from PAP-style governance.

Yes, Singaporeans must vote in a new govt which is righteous and has the courage to right the wrongs done by the pap

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you worry? Sinkieland will do well as a laundry hub for dirty money from criminals that are in billions. Some of these dirty money cannot go elsewhere and only Sinkieland can take and protect them. That's why sinkieland spends so much on defense.

that's why I worry. pap is leading SG down the wrong path. gambling, prostitution, money laundering are not right things to do

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb pappies. Should have explored buying one of those east asian up and coming exchanges. They want to buy asx because they still think amdk or pappies have too much money put down under.

If pap has good sense, SG wont be in this quandry

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once checked all malaysians will return home to work as there will not be competitive advantage between sgd and ringgit.

one day, malaysians will go back to malaysia, PRCs will go back to china, indians will go back to indian, bangladeshis will go back to bangladesh, filipinos will go back to Philippines.

our hdb lifts will stall, streets will remain uncleaned, hospitals will be short of nurses, etc.

This is the stupidity of the pap for not retaining a SG core in every area in SG

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody wants to use sgx,their software and hardware is a piece of shit,and most singapore stockbrokers suck donkey balls,sky high fees and terrible platforms,CDP is a piece of crap,not to mention market cap is small as peanuts.even hong kong stock exchange is 4 or 5 times bigger than SGX,

SGX is in trouble

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Singapore passport is most powerful in the world!

How can Singapore collapse? Please dont make up fake news and cause panick in our fatherland.

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
how does bringing back the lunch hour solve the problem?

some problems are:

1. The quarterly reporting requirement is a burden
2. The lack of liquidity affects trading
3. Penny stocks are killing the trading
4. Companies are not doing well
5. Lower dividends

With PAP sucking all our CPF and cost of housing, cars, education, health care and other daily expenses going up every day. do you think Singaporeans have the money and mood to invest?

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quite a pain to see LHL's mismanagement of our country everyday. The social stresses are there but the PAP government just refuse to acknowledge its existence.

The stresses arise mainly from the financial burden imposed upon Singaporeans by the government. We see old folks working in their 80s, negative population growth among locals, rude and ungracious social behavior, suicide, depression etc. The root cause are the PAP...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know if Spore will eventually collapse but I have already taken the precaution of divesting from Spore. Other than my home, some Singtel shares & what is in my CPF, $ in my bank account, my $ is invested in Malaysia & the US. All these steps were taken in preparation for when I decide to emigrate but also protects me if Spore collapses.

The ringgit might be weak but I have more faith in the companies there & I am re-investing some of the dividends I am getting from Malaysia. Same with the USD dividends that I am getting from my US investments.

Investing is a life long pursuit & doesn't stop even if you have made your millions :smile: